New Berserk animation project confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow... im real stoked about this. Wonder how far things actually are with this project. Does anyone know how long after something in Japan is completed it takes to get converted and Dubed in english for us in the US?

changsho said:
Skull Knight
looks awesome, but I think he's also CG? There's something a bit too "perfect" in the way his helmet looks/moves which can only be achieved with 3D models.

He's CG, same as all the other clips. Looks good to me, though.

As far as movement, I don't really feel that a 4-second clip of action would have been a good way of introducing him to anyone who may not have read the manga. They might mistake him for just another walking skeleton. He seems more dignified this way.

Anyway, the fact that they missed 3 shots from the leaked images -- and probably more, from what the guy who released them says -- preferring to repeat shots (for the second time in one case)... is yet more evidence that there must be some larger project than the adverts themselves.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
jaymewv said:
wow... im real stoked about this. Wonder how far things actually are with this project. Does anyone know how long after something in Japan is completed it takes to get converted and Dubed in english for us in the US?

Two to three years if it's not being simulcast.

As for CM5, I'm really impressed with the way the Skull Knight looked. Hopefully, YA #20 will have some concrete information in it so we can find out just what the hell it is they're working on.

Can anybody tell what volume that :SK: scene was from? I think it was from volume 9 when Guts first encounters him; I remember that scene having a lot of mist just like :SK: clip. What do you guys think?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
|BERZERKER| said:
Can anybody tell what volume that :SK: scene was from? I think it was from volume 9 when Guts first encounters him; I remember that scene having a lot of mist just like :SK: clip. What do you guys think?
My first thought was volume 16, when he shows up to "eat" the Beherit, because that scene was particularly misty/foggy. But, I don't think there's any way to know for sure, from what we are shown. I screencapped the shot and photoshopped it to hell, playing with brightness/contrast, but couldnt pierce that fog in the background. Possible candidates are his appearances in 9, 16, 18, hell... even 26 and on, really.

Actually... now that I examine the scene from vol 9, the first full-page shot of SK looks very, very similar to what we're shown in this clip. Particularly how his horse is positioned in the frame, and the angle of everything, just before it "turns."

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Seeing as Graywords hasn't chimed in yet...

Vaguely, Gackt says: "想像を超えた...ベルセルク" or "Imagination surpassed, Berserk" :schnoz:

Also, the background appears to be a forested area? I thought I spied buildings too... anyway... um..so... where does that leave us? Time to pack our things, clean up the fangasm jizz and bits of cooked pork and move on?

Walter said:
My first thought was volume 16, when he shows up to "eat" the Beherit, because that scene was particularly misty/foggy. But, I don't think there's any way to know for sure, from what we are shown. I screencapped the shot and photoshopped it to hell, playing with brightness/contrast, but couldnt pierce that fog in the background. Possible candidates are his appearances in 9, 16, 18, hell... even 26 and on, really.

I think if you look very closely behind :SK: you can faintly see some trees or shrubs so I think we can rule out volume 18 since that encounter takes place in a desertish plain.

I think it is most likey the scene from volume 9.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Here's a treat in the form of a tweet from the berserk_project twitter:

We are greatly impressed by being followed by so many overseas Berserk fans. We hope all of you enjoy the world of Berserk.

That's not a translation, it's a tweet in English, as promised.

Uriel said:
Also, the background appears to be a forested area? I thought I spied buildings too... anyway... um..so... where does that leave us? Time to pack our things, clean up the fangasm jizz and bits of cooked pork and move on?

As mentioned, the fact that they modelled Puck and post-Eclipse Caska, plus a gory scene which would have been fine in a web-exclusive clip -- and yet didn't use them -- is further evidence of some larger project. So I guess now we wait for the official announcement.

Uriel said:
Seeing as Graywords hasn't chimed in yet...

Vaguely: "想像を超えた...ベルセルク" or "Imagination surpassed, Berserk"

yeah I thought forest at first too. The outline on the right doesn't look like a tree at all to me, though. It has a pinkish-red shade at the top (Or maybe I'm just seeing things in all that mist). I'm going to take a wild stab and say it's when Rickert goes to get that bucket of Water, see Rosine. Goes back to the camp and everyone's been killed.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Ramen4ever said:
yeah I thought forest at first too. The outline on the right doesn't look like a tree at all to me, though. It has a pinkish-red shade at the top (Or maybe I'm just seeing things in all that mist).
Try looking on the left, instead. Click. Looks like volume 9 to me.

Walter said:
Try looking on the left, instead. Click. Looks like volume 9 to me.

Yeah, I see the tree there. It's that thing to the right of him that's giving me trouble.
Volume 9 does seem most likely as opposed to my suggested (volume 10)
Even the pose/angle looks like that one large picture of him from vol9.

My jaw dropped... and it's totally 1000000x awesome to see Skully, but I NEED ANSWERS YA!!!! "Imagination Surpassed" sounds good, in theory, like Berserk is becoming a new reality again, but it's NOT CONCRETE. Young Animal hurry!!!

Hey Guys , just saw the 5th clip. Really liked it and i really dig the art i think berserk will shine if it's done right. Nothing ever compares to the manga but it would be nice to be able to watch every week or once in a month.
But something is bothering me in Skull knight's helmet i can count only 8 horns instead of the usual 9. I think it's more of the angle that he is shown and it's not a mistake . What do you guys think?

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Footage from all the CMs, in order, set to Forces:

[flash=480,385]http://www.youtube.com/v/Ot0rF5AqmgA[/flash]​

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
hey skully you're so fine
you're so fine you blow my mind
hey skully!
(clap clap)
hey skully!

I was mighty impressed by his cameo. It's a shame the rest of the commercial was footage from the other commercials, though. I was really hoping for a Schierke appearance at some point. :schierke:

I'm hoping from now on, the tweets get more and more specific.

Graywords

Bettychu, I choose YOU!
I had to crash out early last night. Smart! :ubik: Translations got taken care of though, which is good.

I'm quite happy for some Skully animation. At the same time, we've been given exactly NO info. :mozgus:

All we can do now is hope they announce it in YA, tweet something, or eventually give a press release...

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
HELL YEAH SKULL KNIGHT! :badbone:

pretty badass. I think the CG looks nice so far. I'm interested in seeing how they incorporate CG into the final product. Griffith and Casca were hand-animated, which I'm pretty sure is more expensive and time consuming.

Berserk Blu-ray anyone? Berserk 3D? HDTV3DALK:FJD:?

Hey YA, thrown us a bone here will ya. Ha...ha.

Can't say I am happy with that CG SK. Looks like cel shading of XIII. No it doesn't look good. If it would look like that i would rather want a animated light novel like aaz mentioned :D haha...oh god :judo:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom