New Berserk animation project confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
DarkDragoon said:
Also, he clearly has a horn in the center of his head, and 4 on the right side, so again it's safe to assume that there would be 4 more on the left side as well.

Yeah, very unlikely they'd make it asymmetrical. It'd be more work, for one thing.

He has 11 spikes in Aazealh's avatar, by the way. Does a new one grow every time he eats a Beherit, or something?

Edit: Ah, sorry, misunderstood. Well, still, the 5th spike seems to be centred, so I'd expect it to be symmetrical.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Sven Viking said:
He has 11 spikes in Aazealh's avatar, by the way. Does a new one grow every time he eats a Beherit, or something?

We're talking about the ones on his skull (the "crown"), not his neck guard. :slan:

On a sort of random note i like Kenta Sakurou Miura, The name of the guy updating the Twitter page? Does he have any relation to Kentaro? I enjoy the fact he acknowledges the fans over seas and how appologetic he is at messing up the release date of Young Animal by one day :serpico:

I hope this hasn't been posted already, but since the previous four trailers (minus the fifth trailer) were broadcast on Japanese television, does anyone know if there are any high definition videos of them on the net? :???: I think the animation looked great, but .flv files really annoy me (and I want to see it larger than the ones on the Young Animal website if possible). Anyone?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Draculoid said:
On a sort of random note i like Kenta Sakurou Miura, The name of the guy updating the Twitter page? Does he have any relation to Kentarou?

Hahaha, are you serious? That line: 「ベルセルク」(三浦建太郎 作) just means "Berserk (a work of Kentarou Miura)". The person updating the Twitter account is nameless (could be more than one person too). I told you guys, you shouldn't rely on automatic translation tools too much.

Aazealh said:
Hahaha, are you serious? That line: 「ベルセルク」(三浦建太郎 作) just means "Berserk (a work of Kentarou Miura)". The person updating the Twitter account is nameless (could be more than one person too). I told you guys, you shouldn't rely on automatic translation tools too much.

oh...sorry :farnese: Its all i can do to get my fixes as fast as i can on updates, and they get the basics of what ever the update is pretty well. But yeah, "is the official twitter" in the translator certainly threw me off haha.

kaimera said:
But a polished CG version. Okay i will try to make it easier to understand with some images etc. give me some time walther
I was hoping to see your reply on this one, oh well. I'll just list my own issues with CG SK then:
- perfectly polished helmet looks out-of-place. It's the similar impression that I get when watching some WW2 movies where all soldiers on the battlefield have perfectly clean ironed clothes. It just doesnt seem right.
- his eyes. Looks like some Terminator2 with those 2 lamps in his head. And shouldn't those eyes NOT be red? According to statues and drawings i've found, SK eyes have only red outline, but otherwise have a white glow.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Danat said:
- perfectly polished helmet looks out-of-place.

I get your point, but then again, when you look at my avatar said helmet isn't covered in grime. They do make it look a bit too shiny I guess. Anyway, there's no lack of discrepancies between the manga and the CM5 footage if one wants to nitpick.

Danat said:
- his eyes. Looks like some Terminator2 with those 2 lamps in his head. And shouldn't those eyes NOT be red? According to statues and drawings i've found, SK eyes have only red outline, but otherwise have a white glow.

There's no official word on what color they should be. My personal take on the matter is not red (outline or anything). And I agree that the glow itself isn't eerie enough.

I personally imagine a Yellow/white glow for SK eyes. I think im most curious to see how they will animate the eclipse, entirely CG? By that i mean all the apostles/soldiers and even the landscape?

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
Draculoid said:
I personally imagine a Yellow/white glow for SK eyes. I think im most curious to see how they will animate the eclipse, entirely CG? By that i mean all the apostles/soldiers and even the landscape?
Making a CG scene and incorporating other CG elements into it is easy as pie. It's when you start adding 2D and 3D together that things get tricky. So at this point I wouldn't be surprised if we're getting full CG. I think the eclipse could look pretty badass myself. I'm excited about seeing Conrad and Void in particular. BRAINS.

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
1:32pm Friday! Gonna have that info soon? Anybody been reading 2ch to see what they're saying about today's YA?

Truder

"I frown at Griffith's nipples" -Aazealh
They tweeted something new!
According to google it says:
This TVCM, YouTube, etc., seems it has already been viewed over 200,000 times. It seems that the spotlight worldwide. Welcome.

A bit rough but understandable.

Nothing new, but I figured it warranted posting. This is from AOW's main english page:

Berserk Anime- Special Sale

Berserk will be made into anime again after 13 years! ART OF WAR would like to hold a special sale to celebrate this good news.
Especially for people who just start to collect Berserk figures, “Mini Berserk Figure Vol. 5- Hawksoldiers (The Golden Age)” is a perfect item you should not miss.

Sale Period: from now until the end of December, 2010

They have a few things for sale, but their in stock merchandise is slim pickings to begin with.

Nirvana said:
Nothing new, but I figured it warranted posting. This is from AOW's main english page:

Berserk Anime- Special Sale

Berserk will be made into anime again after 13 years! ART OF WAR would like to hold a special sale to celebrate this good news.
Especially for people who just start to collect Berserk figures, “Mini Berserk Figure Vol. 5- Hawksoldiers (The Golden Age)” is a perfect item you should not miss.

Sale Period: from now until the end of December, 2010

They have a few things for sale, but their in stock merchandise is slim pickings to begin with.

When was it posted? If after the TV ads, it becomes extremely interesting (since they say "...will be made...").

Griffith said:
Not HD, but HQ enough for decent full screen:

CM 01
CM 02
CM 03
CM 04
CM 05

I appreciate the reply, but those are pretty much the same quality (and file type) as the others. I guess that's the best we will have for now :judo: (I was hoping someone from Japan would have recorded the trailers from the TV Broadcast and uploaded it on the net in High Def. avi file...)

Anyway I guess I should consider myself lucky that they posted these on the official website at all, since they could've just broadcast it on Japan TV only.

I'm still very excited about this new anime project, sure maybe there are a few discrepancies between it and the manga (which have already been pointed out) but I'm not going to nitpick. I think this is going to be really good. I always suspected there was a reason for Miura's extended breaks over the past couple years! :ubik:

Sven Viking said:
When was it posted? If after the TV ads, it becomes extremely interesting (since they say "...will be made...").

Sometime the night before I posted it, which would be after the TV ads, within the last 24 hours or so. I've been hawking their site waiting to see their Serpico statue(s) sell out or all get "few pieces remaining" next to them.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Skull Knight said:
I always suspected there was a reason for Miura's extended breaks over the past couple years! :ubik:

I doubt that most of the breaks in publication were due to working on the anime project. My guess is they were mainly devoted to the merging of the worlds and the upcoming events in Elfhelm. It's possible some of the time was spent advising the anime team, but I imagine most of the project is outside his control (which is usually the case for anime adaptations of ongoing manga).

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
JezzaX said:
You would hope it might be something from the new issue of Young Animal.

Seems that we'll have to wait for the next issue (#21, released on October 22).

Skull Knight said:
sure maybe there are a few discrepancies between it and the manga

That's quite the understatement.

Sven Viking said:

I doubt that AOW has any information that we don't, so no actually, I don't think this is interesting in any way. It's just an attempt on their part to sell some of their old stock.

Rhombaad said:
I doubt that most of the breaks in publication were due to working on the anime project. My guess is they were mainly devoted to the merging of the worlds and the upcoming events in Elfhelm. It's possible some of the time was spent advising the anime team, but I imagine most of the project is outside his control (which is usually the case for anime adaptations of ongoing manga).

I agree.

Aazealh said:
I doubt that AOW has any information that we don't, so no actually, I don't think this is interesting in any way. It's just an attempt on their part to sell some of their old stock.

I don't know much about business in Japan, so that may be the case. If it was a western country, they would already have been negotiating new merchandising deals for a project like this (assuming it's larger than just the ads, of course), and AOW would probably be at work preparing for a spike in demand.

NotWaifuMaterial

Miura should do Josei someday.
A bit late, but fucking fat fuckity fuck, I'm so damn excited for this. :ubik: I need to catch up with Berserk now; neglecting it to let the episodes build up has been torture, but these news just DESERVE some kind of celebration.

The collectible figurines look orgasmic too; such a shame they're limited editions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom