New Berserk animation project confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just woke up from a dream, it was wonderful yet awful at the same time. I'm having a hard time remembering but i was somewhere outside my residence with my laptop and found on youtube New Berserk Anime Part 1 or something along those lines. I watched a bit though i can`t remember exactly what it covered...Griffith for sure was in a good portion and it pretty much blew my mind. I went onto SK.net (in my dream still) going through this thread looking for links/news/more parts but to no avail. Woke up later and realized why.....

:sad:

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
haha wow. Im really late to the party on this one... funny thing is I have never seen these commercials at all... wonder when and what channel they appeared on. I watch the shit out of Animex but never saw it. :carcus: In any case, looks like some delicious stuff! :ubik:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
SaiyajinNoOuji said:
haha wow. Im really late to the party on this one... funny thing is I have never seen these commercials at all... wonder when and what channel they appeared on. I watch the shit out of Animex but never saw it. :carcus: In any case, looks like some delicious stuff! :ubik:
They aired between midnight and 1 a.m. in Japan.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Syaoran said:
Well however you guys keep track this is informative
http://berserk2010.blogspot.com/
Really? Oct 12: "In a desperate attempt to give this blog some meaningful content..."

I couldn't find anything in the blog that we haven't already discussed in detail here.

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
New tweet: berserk_project

明日発売のヤングアニマルに「ベルセルク」掲載です!!よろしくお願いします!!

""Berserk" will be published in the Young Animal on sale tomorrow ! ! Thank you! !"

At least they're using the Twitter account to promote the manga!

Gobolatula said:
New tweet: berserk_project

明日発売のヤングアニマルに「ベルセルク」掲載です!!よろしくお願いします!!

""Berserk" will be published in the Young Animal on sale tomorrow ! ! Thank you! !"

At least they're using the Twitter account to promote the manga!

Yeah, they did it with the last release, too. It's pretty sweet, indeed :guts:

Walter said:
Really? Oct 12: "In a desperate attempt to give this blog some meaningful content..."

I couldn't find anything in the blog that we haven't already discussed in detail here.

True, but it's far easier to peruse when it's all catalogued over a dozen or so blog posts. When I first stumbled back onto these forums a couple weeks ago, shocked and delighted to hear about a new anime, I was trying to hurriedly read through 24 pages of posts, only some of which were expressing specific data. But when I found that blog it took me two minutes to learn: 1) The project was confirmed with no release date. 2) There was a Twitter account posting morsels of information. 3) There are five teasers, and here are their links.

Not to advocate for short attention spans, but I wanted to figure it all out as quick as possible. And as a side note, and mayhaps I was beaten to this, but could this be why Miura has been slower than ever in volume releasing? Fulfilling a producer or consulting role over the last couple years to insure this project worked out to his satisfaction? Though I'm quite partial to the original series, but as a separate entity to the manga, a reimagining (a welcome one in some ways, it dropped the fluff in v9 and 11).

And thanks to everyone in the topic for fleshing out the story. Me and Excited are now equal concepts.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
LoveHerMadly said:
Not to advocate for short attention spans, but I wanted to figure it all out as quick as possible.

That's pretty much what you're doing though. That and latecomers. Also, the information that the project is confirmed is in the thread title, and the links to the commercials are in the first post. As for the twitter account I mentioned it in the 7th post on the 1st page. No harm done.

LoveHerMadly said:
And as a side note, and mayhaps I was beaten to this, but could this be why Miura has been slower than ever in volume releasing?

You were beaten of course, and my opinion on this is that it's not very likely to be the reason. I believe Miura's been busy mapping out the complex future developments the story has in stock. The anime project no doubt took (is taking) some of his time as well, but only a fraction.

LoveHerMadly said:
Though I'm quite partial to the original series, but as a separate entity to the manga, a reimagining (a welcome one in some ways, it dropped the fluff in v9 and 11).

You don't want to get started on this.

Aazealh said:
That's pretty much what you're doing though. That and latecomers. Also, the information that the project is confirmed is in the thread title, and the links to the commercials are in the first post. As for the twitter account I mentioned it in the 7th post on the 1st page. No harm done.

Ah. I started on the last page and worked my way back. Though point one was mainly about the lack of release date, but I should have known a topic on SK with the word "confirmed" wouldn't have been allowed 24 pages of life on this Earth if it weren't true. It's sometimes throwing how well moderated this site is.

You don't want to get started on this.

That's an odd thing to say. I'm not arguing against factual evidence, because there isn't any to be used in such a discussion. I was only expressing a preference in passing. Is that not kosher?

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
LoveHerMadly said:
That's an odd thing to say. I'm not arguing against factual evidence, because there isn't any to be used in such a discussion. I was only expressing a preference in passing. Is that not kosher?

I think you're confusing "fluff" with essential character development.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
LoveHerMadly said:

I'm saying that the 1997 animation series has many faults (omitted a lot of important things, added several terrible scenes, etc.) and that if we start talking about them we could go on for pages and pages. As for the events of volume 9 and 11, they're tremendously important to the story. I don't see how their omission could possibly be a good thing, especially considering what they were replaced with.

Very well, it's not my intent to cause a fuss. I just feel that a series which straddles the line between information-dumping and gorgeous exposition got a lot out of the subtly that came from not having Wyald, Silat and other elements that were more about telling us what was going on rather than letting it evolve out of the story organically. Which is why I said "reimagining," because yes they are different characters in the anime. Done now.

Back on topic, there was something I felt I never got a grip on reading these 24 pages: What are these major inconsistencies in the teasers I've heard mentioned? I've only watched them a couple times, and fell for the oldest teaser trailer trick in the book: getting sucked into the music.
Also, dare mo mita koto no nai? "As its never been seen before"?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
LoveHerMadly said:
I just feel that a series which straddles the line between information-dumping and gorgeous exposition got a lot out of the subtly that came from not having Wyald, Silat and other elements that were more about telling us what was going on rather than letting it evolve out of the story organically. Which is why I said "reimagining," because yes they are different characters in the anime. Done now.

Your sentence doesn't make sense. I'm not sure what you're trying to say, but I hope it's not that the parts of the story that were omitted from the anime weren't "its natural evolution" or something. Not only is that ridiculous but it doesn't even mean anything.

LoveHerMadly said:
Back on topic, there was something I felt I never got a grip on reading these 24 pages: What are these major inconsistencies in the teasers I've heard mentioned? I've only watched them a couple times, and fell for the oldest teaser trailer trick in the book: getting sucked into the music.
Also, dare mo mita koto no nai? "As its never been seen before"?

Read the thread again more carefully. It's all been discussed in detail.

DarkDragoon

Kuro no mahoutsukai
Wow I certainly wouldn't call 9 and 11 "fluff," in fact I found both volumes to be extremely important. 9 was loaded with extremely essential character development, honestly that volume made me feel the things that happened later a lot more. And 11 a very important setup for things to come. Oh yeah and an INCREDIBLE BATTLE.

Panicfactorx

"Guess I should say you did well for a human..."
The parts of the manga I want to see animated - Golden Age, and the first time we see Schierke summoning the four elemental kings. I would like to see the whole story though, beginning to end. Its a shame some random multi million dollar company doesn't just say "hey this looks like fun! lets fund this show and make it good."

Anyway I'm excited. This gives me a new show to look forward to watching on a every-once in a while basis.

i think it would be awesome of them to update their twitter and release little tidbits for the new anime during the hiatuses between episodes :serpico:

Juts some wishful thinking...but it would be smart of them since it would keep more average readers attention through the long breaks and make the fans happy, im sure they could release a couple more screen caps or short 4 second clips .

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Draculoid said:
i think it would be awesome of them to update their twitter and release little tidbits for the new anime during the hiatuses between episodes :serpico:

Juts some wishful thinking...but it would be smart of them since it would keep more average readers attention through the long breaks and make the fans happy, im sure they could release a couple more screen caps or short 4 second clips .
That presumes that the right hand knows what the left hand is doing in production between the manga and the (still not yet confirmed) "anime."

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Walter said:
the (still not yet confirmed) "anime."

noanimemusashi.jpg

noanimeguts.jpg

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Aazealh said:
I would say that it's been confirmed.

yesanimeaaz.jpg

Skullmas comes early this year.​

Photoshop phun aside, discretion and your word are basically the only things keeping me from writing this off as a cheap publicity stunt.

Either way, good job YA!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Griffith said:
Photoshop phun aside, discretion and your word are basically the only things keeping me from writing this off as a cheap publicity stunt.

Oh, you don't have to take my word for it, but Miura's, however...

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Whoa, whoa! There's no need for controversy. All I meant was that nothing has been formally announced by a production company, and yes we don't have any details. All we have are commercials and a few blurbs from people who would know about these things (Miura and whoever at YA that's running the Berserk twitter). Will it be something that will air on television? Will it be a direct-to-market OAV? Will it be coming in 2011 or 2015? Will it be a WEB EXCLUSIVE online anime?

Nothing's known other than something will be animated, eventually, by someone, about Berserk. Hopefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom