New Berserk animation project confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Aazealh said:
It's a bit strange reading this from someone who's been making his own tracks for the series in a completely different style.

Well, off course... I don't intend for people to tell me my work can be compared to any professional or Hirasawa himself. I admit, the one part of this entire project that I am a bit close-minded would be the soundtrack. Knowing how dead-on the original Soundtrack was with the old series, I'm just concerned with this new project. I'm pulling my wishful thinking card out, in hopes Hirasawa has his influence in it. Hell... Trust me, if I had any backround to support me being a professional music composer? I'd be sending demo's left and right to Studio 4C. :judo:

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
Dar Klink said:
JAAAPPAAAAN WHERE ARE THOSE NEWTYPE SCANS?! :mozgus:
I plan on picking up a copy from Kinokuniya on Monday. I want that poster! So, uh. If there isn't anything bigger before I get it, I'll scan mine.

Gobolatula said:
I plan on picking up a copy from Kinokuniya on Monday. I want that poster! So, uh. If there isn't anything bigger before I get it, I'll scan mine.

That's a good idea! I should do the same!

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Aazealh said:
I like that track. I honestly don't see what some people have against it.

renegade.gif
[flash=480,385]http://www.youtube.com/v/KHnzZtN_gKQ[/flash]​

Aazealh said:
Thing lasts 15 seconds and does the job; as far as I'm concerned it's ridiculous to pretend it's not up to the standards of the TV series' OST.

It's not fair to either to compare 15 seconds to Hirasawa's contributions.

+5 Renegade
+2 Paragon

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Griffith said:

Either way you look at it, which further proves my point. And just so you know, it's Tell Me Why that was used to promote the TV series back then.

Griffith

Aazealh said:
Either way you look at it, which further proves my point.

Yeah, based on such a minuscule sample it can't compare.

Aazealh said:
And just so you know, it's Tell Me Why that was used to promote the TV series back then.

Is that what you meant by this track already being up to the standards of the anime OST? :guts:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Griffith said:
Yeah, based on such a minuscule sample it can't compare.

Exactly. It's pointless to even make the comparison IMHO. I mean, like I said on the previous page, we don't even know if there is or will ever be a longer version of it. Plus this girl isn't a composer and she's not going to sing her way through the entire movie. I just don't feel like we should rail on this for weeks while no bad news has dropped yet. Knowing J-Pop, it could have been a thousand times worse.

Griffith said:
Is that what you meant by this track already being up to the standards of the anime OST? :guts:

:slan:

NightCrawler

Aeons gone, vast, mad and deathless
Griffith said:
renegade.gif
[flash=480,385]http://www.youtube.com/v/KHnzZtN_gKQ[/flash]​

+5 Renegade
+2 Paragon

Oh you beautiful bastard, thank you for that. :ganishka:

Reminded me how much i'd want to see a live action Berserk directed by Cronenberg and Verhoeven.

turkitage

ターク
Griffith said:
[flash=480,385]http://www.youtube.com/v/KHnzZtN_gKQ[/flash][/center]

Very nice sir.

I'm just thankful for experiencing Berserk coming to theaters in my life time. Rather the story/animation/music be horrible/okay/great.

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
Gobolatula said:
Unfortunately, they didn't have the February issue in today. They said they'd have it in by around Friday. So... sorry I won't be able to get a bigger scan of that poster :judo:

Gobolatula said:
Unfortunately, they didn't have the February issue in today. They said they'd have it in by around Friday. So... sorry I won't be able to get a bigger scan of that poster :judo:

oh snap! i went and picked up the "january 2011" today. it's still sealed, but i was about to open it... i've never read newtype before but the guys at kinokuniya said this issue came out on the 7th. shouldn't this be the right issue?

edit: balls, i just read that ann post, saying it's in the feb issue. darn. i hope they let me return it. otherwise, that's 12 bucks i didn't need to spend!

Turkitage said:
Very nice sir.

I'm just thankful for experiencing Berserk coming to theaters in my life time.

So when they say 'movie' we can assume it will show in theaters for sure? Part of me thinks that's great, Berserk deserves it. The rest of me knows that those of us around the world will have to wait even longer to see it. :sad:

DirectDK said:
oh snap! i went and picked up the "january 2011" today. it's still sealed, but i was about to open it... i've never read newtype before but the guys at kinokuniya said this issue came out on the 7th. shouldn't this be the right issue?

edit: balls, i just read that ann post, saying it's in the feb issue. darn. i hope they let me return it. otherwise, that's 12 bucks i didn't need to spend!
I was at Kinokuniya too at around 7-7:15 :farnese:! I picked up the only missing volume of Hunter X Hunter that I ordered through them.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Truder said:
That's kind of intense. :isidro:

I was expecting a DVD only release.

You guys are hurting Walter's feelings.

Walter said:
It's not that hard to decipher. "The theatrical release is targeted for mid 2011! ! This is the official announcement!"

Griffith

Got some BIG Berserk Project news here, hot off the presses:

ありがとうございます。何か凄いしっかり作ってるっぽいですね。 RT @richi_osito: @berserk_project こんにちは^^桜塚やっくんのブログにグリフィス様のコスプレ写真がありましたよ http://bit.ly/eTpLjC

:isidro:

Is anyone anticipating big changes to the casting? If the movies are going to start from scratch, I would imagine that even if they keep Guts & Griffith's original seiyuu, they'll most likely change them for the earlier flashbacks. Both actors are in their 40s now, so I can't see them voicing two pubescent teens. Wouldn't surprise me if they could pull it off, though.

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
Doc said:
Is anyone anticipating big changes to the casting? If the movies are going to start from scratch, I would imagine that even if they keep Guts & Griffith's original seiyuu, they'll most likely change them for the earlier flashbacks. Both actors are in their 40s now, so I can't see them voicing two pubescent teens. Wouldn't surprise me if they could pull it off, though.
I was actually thinking about this. Guts' VA sounds a little bit off in the PS2 footage, but that could just be me. It would be a bit hard for me to get used to a new Guts.

Truder

"I frown at Griffith's nipples" -Aazealh
I think Griffith's voice should be sex to the ears :troll:. So I hope they get someone good for him. :griffnotevil:

Truder said:
I think Griffith's voice should be sex to the ears :troll:. So I hope they get someone good for him. :griffnotevil:

If, for whatever reason, Morikawa doesn't return as Griffith, I would suggest Koji Yusa. He voiced Isley in the Claymore anime.

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
So... was there just no information in that Newtype outside of the fact that it's a movie? No studio announced? :mozgus:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom