New Berserk animation project confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gobolatula said:
Unfortunately, they didn't have the February issue in today. They said they'd have it in by around Friday. So... sorry I won't be able to get a bigger scan of that poster :judo:

I suppose you've already got the magazine, but I got it and sadly it's not really a poster. It's only a 2 page spread, not 4 page like the scan previously portrayed. Oh well, still cool to have!!! Now I need to find the right frame =). It measures about 12 x 18 inches.

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
DirectDK said:
I suppose you've already got the magazine, but I got it and sadly it's not really a poster. It's only a 2 page spread, not 4 page like the scan previously portrayed. Oh well, still cool to have!!! Now I need to find the right frame =). It measures about 12 x 18 inches.
Actually, I was gonna pick it up today, but they said they still haven't got the magazine in. Kind of a bummer about the size of the spread, but still cool! Is there any way you'd be able to scan yours so perhaps somebody here might be able to decipher the text?

EDIT:
Apparently there exists a textless version of this poster, found on this site:
http://adala-news.fr/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/Berserk-Teaser.jpg

Unfortunately it's still small.
Here's the article I found it in: http://adala-news.fr/en/le-manga-berserk-adapte-en-film/

EDIT 2:
Nevermind, I found a close up shot of the text. Unfortunately I have no idea what it says...
berserknewtypetext.jpg

C

C_W

Well, firstly, hi, everyone. I'm new here. At first I was afraid I would never be approved. I was drawn to this site just by typing in random stuff I wanted to know more about. It's such a shame that Berserk's official wikipedia is so... absolutely pathetic; so I was ecstatic to find out there was actually a place where Berserk fans could gather and a place that had more information than I could handle. :ubik:

Intros out of the way, I'm quite eager about this new series. Though I am a bit weary on one thing I've seen in the commercials. Guts doesn't really look too "black" as the Black Swordsman. From what I saw, his cloak looked almost puke green, and I really hope they can just put him in black. The way Miura can draw that cloak; it looks awesome in every scene, so I really hope at least an anime adaptation can capture it.

Guts in the first series looked more brown in episode, rather than black, but I guess it was because of the burning scenery in those shots, as he was pretty black in the forest scene. The only animated incarnation of the Black Swordsman I've seen so far and been impressed with was the PS2 game; I think they really captured his likeness fairly well there.

Someone also mentioned the second FMA series when comparing it to this new anime. As long as this new series doesn't abridge over early parts like the second FMA anime did at first, I'll be happy.

Honestly, I'm hoping it to be a complete reboot (which, from what I've read, it is) rather than a continuation. There's too many loose ends that would be impossible to tie in the first anime.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the grab, Gob! I'll try to convert that into text with OCR software and then we might be able to get a translation, at the very least, a GOOGLE translation.

Walter said:
Thanks for the grab, Gob! I'll try to convert that into text with OCR software and then we might be able to get a translation, at the very least, a GOOGLE translation.

I think someone mentioned that SK forum has japanese speakers :???:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
voodoo_sh said:
I think someone mentioned that SK forum has japanese speakers :???:
I think I know the users pretty well here. And what Aazealh said was that we have members that live in Japan, but don't necessarily speak the language, or would step up to translate.

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
Just from glancing at the squiggles I understand, they mention the 20 year anniversary, the TV commercials, and the release of volume 35. I figured that out by spotting, you guessed it, the "20," the "CM," and the "35." Aaz took a quick glance at it earlier and said that it sorta recaps the promotion process. Then again, what does he know? I'll bet this text has all sorts of hidden secrets.

Sammoniac

You taffers!
Hey everyone, this is my first post on this website, glad my registration got accepted after three long weeks of waiting :ubik:

About the text on the poster, I doubt that it is something we don't already know about. I do sometimes exchange e-mails with Dark Horse's Berserk translator (yeah, I'm a fanboy like that :puck:) , maybe I could ask him to translate it if the demand is strong enough. I don't know him much though, and I don't want to disturb him for nothing in the event you guys don't give a shit ;)

Glad to be part of the best Berserk-related website out there :daiba:
(sorry, I just love these emoticons)

Truder

"I frown at Griffith's nipples" -Aazealh
Sammoniac said:
glad my registration got accepted after three long weeks of waiting :ubik:

I feel your pain.

. .Welcome to SK.net! :SK:

I also doubt that there is any info in that poster that we don't already know.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
C_W said:
Honestly, I'm hoping it to be a complete reboot (which, from what I've read, it is) rather than a continuation. There's too many loose ends that would be impossible to tie in the first anime.

There was never any chance of it being a sequel to the TV series from 97/98.

Gobolatula said:
Aaz took a quick glance at it earlier and said that it sorta recaps the promotion process.

Indeed, it doesn't say anything new. It's basically just promotional material.

Something more or less interesting: the producer says he chose to make Berserk because it's about young people and the main hero, Guts, doesn't surrender to his fate. While the era depicted is very harsh, he has the power to break through the common hardships of his time (implying a parallel with Japan nowadays?). Other than that, they say about how Japanese swords are different from Western ones so they put a lot of effort into depicting the swords faithfully, the armors are well detailed, etc.

Gobolatula said:
Here's the article I found it in: http://adala-news.fr/en/le-manga-berserk-adapte-en-film/
Hahaha, this website is hilarious, English is definitely not their first language. But a really nice image, all the characters look awesome.

Aazealh said:
Other than that, they say about how Japanese swords are different from Western ones so they put a lot of effort into depicting the swords faithfully, the armors are well detailed, etc.

It's a minor point, but I find this very encouraging. The obvious interest Kentaro Miura showed in depicting a variety of armour and equipment (e.g. the various themed armies of Midland and Tudor, the HICKs, the huge variety of Kushan forces, etc) really adds to the appeal of the series, and I'm happy that the animators recognise this.

Truder

"I frown at Griffith's nipples" -Aazealh
HURRR said:
It's a minor point, but I find this very encouraging. The obvious interest Kentarou Miura showed in depicting a variety of armour and equipment (e.g. the various themed armies of Midland and Tudor, the HICKs, the huge variety of Kushan forces, etc) really adds to the appeal of the series, and I'm happy that the animators recognise this.i
You made me realize that I really want to see Silat and his bodyguards animated. So I can see their swiftness in action.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
HURRR said:
It's a minor point, but I find this very encouraging. The obvious interest Kentarou Miura showed in depicting a variety of armour and equipment (e.g. the various themed armies of Midland and Tudor, the HICKs, the huge variety of Kushan forces, etc) really adds to the appeal of the series, and I'm happy that the animators recognise this.
I would think that Miura's experience with the anime industry would benefit. Seeing as it wasn't a fully happy result on Miura's side in the original anime. I'm confident he would take different steps regarding content. And off course I am speaking to the once mentioned "Griffith becoming king" reference in the 1st episode. On the other hand, it's also a matter of how much time and budget Studio 4C has that would affect this whole technical ordeal. Like Aaz said, it is interesting to hear the producers comment.

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Well now I know what I'm gonna be waiting for after my Godspeed shows : waiting for the first movie to come out! damn right!!

Gobolatula said:
Here's an article Mr. Twitter linked. It's in English, too!
http://www.asahi.com/english/TKY201101210303.html
Cool beans! Shoot, I didn't realize it was coming out 'this year'! Exciting! The poster looks cool, the character art looks a little off though.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Gobolatula said:
Here's an article Mr. Twitter linked. It's in English, too!
http://www.asahi.com/english/TKY201101210303.html
Hey, they called the individual manga releases "episodes"! I mean, of course. :badbone:

It's a little disconcerting to me that there's such a big Falcons focus in the Newtype art. This is supposed to be accurately reproducing the episodes from the manga. Yet right now it looks like it will just be focusing on the Golden Age. For it to be accurate, it would need a Black Swordsman arc to lead into the Golden Age stuff. Maybe it's being done chronologically ... :schierke:

It's also interesting that despite "all" the press this title has gotten in the recent months, we still don't know what studio will be animating. I will admit though, it does sort of have Studio 4°C's flair.

Walter said:
It's a little disconcerting to me that there's such a big Falcons focus in the Newtype art. This is supposed to be accurately reproducing the episodes from the manga. Yet right now it looks like it will just be focusing on the Golden Age. For it to be accurate, it would need a Black Swordsman arc to lead into the Golden Age stuff. Maybe it's being done chronologically ... :schierke:

I also am wondering about this. Although, aside from the CMs and this Newtype picture, that's all that we've seen. I'm hoping they do start from the Black Swordsman arc, so I'm guessing that the art that they've chosen is Falcon art because that's the art that *most* people associate Berserk with, ie the people that haven't read any of the manga. Anyhoo, it's good to see it written again and again that they will animate the ENTIRE Berserk manga. It still hasn't quite hit me yet. It's just amazing!!!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Truder said:
does anyone else think that Casca's eyes aren't positioned properly?

Yeah, her whole face is kind of gross. Not to mention Carcus'.

Walter said:
It's a little disconcerting to me that there's such a big Falcons focus in the Newtype art. This is supposed to be accurately reproducing the episodes from the manga.

Well to be fair it's just one picture. And you know, I honestly don't see how they could fit all of the Golden Age arc into a single movie anyway, so at this point and despite what they've announced, I'm just warily waiting to learn more about it. I think the Black Swordsman arc could be made to fit a movie, but I sure as hell wouldn't bet on that being their plan.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
DirectDK said:
I'm guessing that the art that they've chosen is Falcon art because that's the art that *most* people associate Berserk with, ie the people that haven't read any of the manga.
Yeah, those guys have always made for good promotional material. :griffnotevil: :guts: :casca: :judo: :carcus: :rickert: :pippin: :gaston: :dan: :earl:

Aazealh said:
Well to be fair it's just one picture. And you know, I honestly don't see how they could fit all of the Golden Age arc into a single movie anyway, so at this point and despite what they've announced, I'm just warily waiting to learn more about it. I think the Black Swordsman arc could be made to fit a movie, but I sure as hell wouldn't bet on that being their plan.
It's true, it's just a single picture. However, since they say they're going to accurately reproduce THE ENTIRE SERIES, and they're showing this particular image off to promote the upcoming movie, it leads me to believe The Falcons will be a key part of this particular release. That being the case, I'm not sure how much room they'll leave for The Black Swordsman arc, or scenes therein. If any :femto:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom