New Berserk animation project confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Infinte said:
I think you're right but i hope you're wrong, look up this anime guide for what is coming this summer(before someone ask it does include theatrical releases look at the bottom).

Here is the list: http://moetron.com/uploads/20110427_summer_guide.jpg

If you look at this guide's sources, you'll see that it's hardly a reference. It's just made for convenience and is basing itself on widely available information from English websites. If anything, it's the lack of official information on the project that is casting doubt on the likeliness of a release within the next 3 months.

Infinte

They see me rollin', they hatin'.
Aazealh said:
If you look at this guide's sources, you'll see that it's hardly a reference. It's just made for convenience and is basing itself on widely available information from English websites. If anything, it's the lack of official information on the project that is casting doubt on the likeliness of a release within the next 3 months.

Yeah that's true, but couldn't they like throw us a bone(i think it is called something like that :farnese:) to shed a little bit of light on all this, because i think i speak for most of us when i say that our doubts has grown about it being released this summer after the catastrophe in Japan. Imho i won't be bothered if it's released this summer or 2012 because i've learned something when it comes to Berserk it's worth the wait.

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
Worth the wait? Nah that's just the manga you're thinking of. :troll:

jk. I totally totally agree that the twitter guy NEEDS to fucking do his damn job and give us some info instead of "oops I forgot, new Berserk manga ep in YA yesterday." I demand Yoshi Twitterson be fired from this position and be replaced by someone more twitterful.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Infinte said:
i think i speak for most of us when i say that our doubts has grown about it being released this summer after the catastrophe in Japan.

You know, let's not jump to conclusions here. It might or might not make a difference, but it's not like we had a date before it happened.

Infinte said:
Imho i won't be bothered if it's released this summer or 2012 because i've learned something when it comes to Berserk it's worth the wait.

Even if it's delayed a bit that wouldn't necessarily mean a report to 2012. Could be fall 2011.

As another poster said, I 'd be extremely happy if they did the series like Hellsing Ultimate. Berserk is such a great series, but it's hard to get people into reading a comic. An animation is a medium to get somebody into a "must" series.

I wonder how could they do this to us poor Berserk fans :azan:
Such big project as Berserk movie and no information at all

Or is it how its supposed to be ? I dont know anything about anime movie creating process, so my question here: "The lack of information about Berserk is OK?" Even Miura didnt say anything about new Berserk. Maybe they dont make any movie at all ?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
[pldg] said:
As another poster said, I 'd be extremely happy if they did the series like Hellsing Ultimate. Berserk is such a great series, but it's hard to get people into reading a comic. An animation is a medium to get somebody into a "must" series.
Hellsing Ultimate was released as an OVA. The Berserk film animation will be released in theaters.

Forgive me if it's my question has already been answered but is the Berserk movie coming out only in Japan in Summer 2011 or will it be worldwide (at least USA/Canada/Europe)?

I looked all over Google but I can't understand all the Japanese out there so forgive me if this has been known for a while.

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
The lack of news about this is really starting to worry and bother me. I don't know what to think. Obviously, it would be really nice if we had an update. Even a little "we're doing fine. hold your horses."

Saephon

Die young and save yourself
I think you're just letting the anticipation get to you. This seems like a usual drought of information to me (usual in that most companies don't give updates enough :slan:). Especially with Japan still being in recovery mode. People don't see Tsunami headlines after a few weeks and assume things are back to normal. They aren't. I agree it'd be nice to hear something, but I'm not expecting to any time soon. I do believe that things are probably going fine, given the circumstances.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Saephon said:
Especially with Japan still being in recovery mode. People don't see Tsunami headlines after a few weeks and assume things are back to normal. They aren't. I agree it'd be nice to hear something, but I'm not expecting to any time soon. I do believe that things are probably going fine, given the circumstances.

And it's not like they gave us a lot of information before the catastrophe happened either. Their communication on this project has been terrible from the very beginning.

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
Aazealh said:
Their communication on this project has been terrible from the very beginning.
Is there anyone that could be contacted, other than the Twitter guy? Since we know who's involved, are there a few emails that could be sent to a few people? Something like, "Hi, how is the project going?" Or, "Could you please give us a status update?"

I'm still super excited about this whole thing and I cannot wait to see Berserk in animated form once again.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Gobolatula said:
Is there anyone that could be contacted, other than the Twitter guy? Since we know who's involved, are there a few emails that could be sent to a few people? Something like, "Hi, how is the project going?" Or, "Could you please give us a status update?"

I'm still super excited about this whole thing and I cannot wait to see Berserk in animated form once again.
As the success of our letter to Miura proved, there's certainly no harm in reaching out. However, I have a feeling the higher ups in charge of the project set up that Twitter guy to respond to just such requests. Too bad he's under performing at his job (to say the least).

Sammoniac

You taffers!
Perhaps we could just send them a simple and friendly e-mail about our support for the project and the team behind it. Maybe just tell them we are still very concerned about the recent issues in Japan and that we are prepared to wait longer than expected for the first movie to come out. After all, I hope they won't compromise anything in order to honor the deadlines, if any. Who knows, they might reply with some kind of interesting update. But honestly, I don't mind waiting at all. Each day that we wait is for them a day of hard work on the most promising and ambitious anime project that I know of.

Truder

"I frown at Griffith's nipples" -Aazealh
I kind of just want to tell him "get off your ass and start tweeting for every little damn detail!" :puck:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Truder said:
I kind of just want to tell him "get off your ass and start tweeting for every little damn detail!" :puck:

Then why don't you? He's on Twitter, go ahead and send him a message (that goes for all of you). He's repeatedly invited people to do so. Even if he doesn't reply, he might still read it. Even if it's in English. Now people, keep in mind this guy is most likely a low level exec (if not an intern) that only does what he's told to, and he's probably not told much. But if he reports to his hierarchy that people are getting agitated, they may be more likely to give news.

I keep checking this thread everyday for news, like a cursed one.
I fully approve the idea that SK team send an email to people who are working on Berserk movie project

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
I tweeted the Berserk project Twitter guy this morning. I'll let everyone know what he says if I hear back from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom