New Berserk animation project confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Dar Klink said:
2eZyJ.jpg

January 2012! Studio 4c! That's what I can get outta this! :guts:

Thanks for the news, Dar Link! As I alluded to in the episode thread, I don't like how they've typically stylized Griffith's coat to ridiculous anime proportions. It looks like what my Miyamoto Griffith avatar would wear. Bitch bitch bitch.

Dar Klink said:
Edit: Oh a bit more, The director is Toshiyuki Kubooka who worked on the Lunar game series

All is forgiven... *sniff* Luna. :judo:

Maybe that screenshot above is actually Ghaleon making a cameo, or else Griffith is going to look like this when he becomes...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Griffith said:
As I alluded to in the episode thread, I don't like how they've typically stylized Griffith's coat to ridiculous anime proportions.

Can't say I approve either. I hope that's not an example of their purported faithfulness to the manga...

Truder

"I frown at Griffith's nipples" -Aazealh
berserk_v08_190.jpg

At first I didn't notice the difference.. but i looked it up and their is a pretty big difference. no shoulder pad thingys either. I hope the robe doesn't cover his sexy boots!

Still, I wont nitpick the movie into nothingness. studio 4c could give Guts mutton chops, I just don't give a fudge!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Truder said:
Still, I wont nitpick the movie into nothingness. studio 4c could give Guts mutton chops, I just don't give a fudge!

The problem is that when you add all the discrepancies together the general picture can start stinking fast, and I'd prefer if it didn't. Just getting animated material for the sake of it doesn't interest me. I want quality, personally, and Guts with mutton chops wouldn't cut it.

Alright! January 2012 isn't that soon but it's better than next Spring! Also the director worked on Giant Robo which was awesome. And it looks like they're covering The Golden Age. I am definitely looking forward to this.

I guess this must be big news, slated for July 8th? I hope we get more information than just this. And a trailer??? PLEEEASE.

CCS said:
Alright! January 2012 isn't that soon but it's better than next Spring! Also the director worked on Giant Robo which was awesome. And it looks like they're covering The Golden Age. I am definitely looking forward to this.

Yes, I've waited 10 years for a new Berserk anime, I suppose I can wait another 6 months! However, if they are covering the Golden Age, then what does that mean in terms of the overall timeline? If they are going to be faithful to the manga, then this can't be right... Also, if this scene is in the upcoming movie, that means they crammed a whole shit ton in one movie. It took the original anime 19 episodes to get to this point of the story. And of course, the anime skipped over a ton of story. What I was led to believe (or maybe just what I'm hoping), is that this new anime will take it's time and animate the story at a slow and accurate pace. In other words, one arc shouldn't be animated down into just a 2 hour movie.

We need more info still! I hope there's more than just this!

PS, here's a translation of the scan, found from the internet. Don't blame me if it's wrong, just posting =P

A powerful staff gathers, with a promising the biggest of quality!

The people in charge of the Movie of Berserk is a recognized staff, the best in the world of anime. Beyond the fans expectations, the staff in working in literally sharping the life out of it!

Director: Toshiyuki Kubooka

Animator, Director. Batman: Gotham Knight (Director of 5 episodes), Genius Party Shangai Great Dragon (art content / director), Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo (art content / director) among others many other different works.

Message from Toshiyuki Kubooka

[We are giving everything we got], [The direction the original concept demands is pressing us against the wall], [We are making a real middle ages setting]...We are doing our best to this objective. The staff is really exited, we can make something great. We ask you yo be patient.

Animation work Studio 4c

A production with the best animation techniques. The studio received in 2007 an outstanding animation award from the japanese academy for Tekkonkinkreet. Other great works include Detroit Metal City among others.

Distrubution: Warner Brothers Movies

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
DirectDK said:
However, if they are covering the Golden Age, then what does that mean in terms of the overall timeline? If they are going to be faithful to the manga, then this can't be right... Also, if this scene is in the upcoming movie, that means they crammed a whole shit ton in one movie. It took the original anime 19 episodes to get to this point of the story. And of course, the anime skipped over a ton of story. What I was led to believe (or maybe just what I'm hoping), is that this new anime will take it's time and animate the story at a slow and accurate pace. In other words, one arc shouldn't be animated down into just a 2 hour movie.

You hit the nail on the head. I'd say more but the point's been made again and again, so all that's left to do is to be patient and hope for the best.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Aazealh said:
You hit the nail on the head. I'd say more but the point's been made again and again, so all that's left to do is to be patient and hope for the best.

...but expect the worst. :carcus:

It's nice to see the news is coming out of the woodwork again (as are some of the irregular members, such as me). Does that website for the Wonder Festival suggest anything?

Edi said:
Berserk Movie official website:
http://www.berserkfilm.com/
Start: 15 July

THANK YOU FOR THAT EDI! July 15! I am crossing my fingers for a trailer, LOL. Man oh man, I swear if I keep saying the word trailer eventually my prayers will be answered, I'm serious!

Looks like the Berserk film website isn't live yet. Hopefully by the 15th it will be along with a trailer!

S

supa_pokute

I've been very excited after hearing the news about the new Berserk anime, with what the teasers and few pics with seen. The only thing I feel a little disappointed with is that it seems judging from what they have shown us, the black swordsman episodes seems to be out in favor of starting at the golden age ones. I'm probably wrong, (I hope I am) because I really want to see the fight with the count, but like others have said it may be a possibility if they do try to cram the first dozen volumes into a film. I don't want to jump the gun and say it won't be in the beginning, but what do you guys think? Maybe they feel the film doesn't need the first three books included? :(

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
They might be doing with Berserk what they did with Fullmetal Alchemist: condensing what we've already seen into as brief a period as possible in order to get to the "new stuff" faster. I hope that isn't the case.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Rhombaad said:
They might be doing with Berserk what they did with Fullmetal Alchemist: condensing what we've already seen into as brief a period as possible in order to get to the "new stuff" faster. I hope that isn't the case.

Yeah let's hope it isn't indeed, given that we haven't seen a third of the material they'd be "condensing", and that they expressly said they'd be faithful to the manga.

JezzaX said:
It's nice to see the news is coming out of the woodwork again (as are some of the irregular members, such as me). Does that website for the Wonder Festival suggest anything?

Max Factory will be showing off their prototype for the Guts figma action figure at WonFes (something I'm absolutely ecstatic about).

Sammoniac

You taffers!
Studio 4C's website isn't showing anything on the project yet. All I saw that might be related is that they are hiring some CGI and Flash artists until July 8th.
Let's indeed hope for a trailer July 15th on the movie's website.

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
Holy jeez that looks pretty nice. Griffith's sleeves don't look as silly in that shot.

Though, I am worried about the timeline. How the hell long is this movie gonna be? Let's suppose they're gonna be covering this manga chronologically (which would suck)... As mentioned before, either this is gonna be one long ass movie or LOTS is gonna get cut out. I'm scaarredd.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2011-07-05/berserk-film-slated-for-next-january
Apparently, some theatres are gonna be showing a teaser trailer. I'm sure it'll be featured on the berserkfilm.com site once it launches.

Edi! Wow, thanks again for the picture scoops! That first shot looks GORGEOUS. Man oh man. July 15th... personally, that's almost the perfect day for me to look forward to the trailer (I do agree that if they are showing it in select theaters, it has to be on the website on the 15th too). Cuz yeah, I'm working on a big project due July 15th, so this will be my reward. Let's hope it's a Black Swordsman esque reward, shall we? =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom