New Berserk animation project confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Theoden said:
If they think they can lower the quality and simply erase characters or important parts of the story and making "fans" like you happy... Then why bothering so much making quality when shitty productions sells well ?

Another champion of the righteous! :ubik:

DirectDK said:
we have 6 months to kill time and pick apart all the screens and trailers

Don't mind if I do! :troll:

Here's another manga to anime to new anime comparison:

comparemanga03.jpg

compare9703.jpg

comparenew03.jpg

Eh, yeah, here's a more flattering frame, but it's deceiving because mid-motion while the above is at rest. I don't know why they have him looking like the post-incarnation version of Griffith all the time in the new anime, especially here when he's still an adolescent, but they're not leaving much room to make him look more otherworldly when the time comes.

DirectDK said:
There is NO WAY IN HELL they will cut out the fight with Boscone. Please remember, this movie is part of a trilogy, so the duel between Guts and Griffith won't happen until the 2nd movie. Meaning, the footage from that scene is still way in the early stages! In the early CMs, we were shown Casca covered with the wrong leaves. Now, in the YA pictures, we see Casca covered with ferns. So, obviously, this shows they can change these things at any moment.

I would not worry one bit about the sword in that screenshot. Worst case scenario, it's what Griffith said: the replacement sword is the same sword. But, I have my money on that they will change it when the time comes.

Let's have some faith people! :griffnotevil:

Hopefully you're absolutely right about all those things, but here's another "minor detail" that raises a twinge of doubt about their methodology.

comparenew04.jpg

I wanted to do a shot for shot comparison like the one of Griffith above to this old woman that appears in the trailer, except no character completely fitting her description appears in the manga or '97 anime. Who is this supposed to be, or why aren't they more recognizable?

Well, first there's suspect numero uno, the woman at the spinning wheel Conrad and Ubik used to influence Griffith, she's the only one to appear in both the manga and '97 anime, and seems most likely:

comparemanga04b.jpg

compare9704b.jpg

comparenew04.jpg

They don't really look alike though aside from wearing bonnets, and no spinning wheel visible, so they've really altered things to the point of confusion if that's supposed to be her.

There's also the fortune teller that appears with Puck in volume 12 to consider though:

comparemanga04a.jpg
comparemanga04c.jpg

comparenew04.jpg

Maybe. The face and wardrobe don't quite fit (it's not like we haven't seen that before), but again it could be a variation of her. Except, she was holed up alone in a dark wagon, and in the trailer the old woman appears to be sitting in public since someone passes by (perhaps a young Griffith, confirming the above scenario?). In either case it's way off.

If you're thinking, "Griff, you big dumb knuckle nut, what about the the gypsy woman that gave Griffith his Beherit?" I'm with you, that makes sense given these discrepancies and doesn't go against type... but that's only because she doesn't actually appear in the manga at all, but was only added to the '97 anime:

compare9704a.jpg

comparenew04.jpg

They don't look alike either, but then they wouldn't have to.

So, either they've drastically altered the appearance of a character or added one. More seriously though, it's a bad omen if they're taking cues from the '97 anime; or worse, if they see its deviations from the manga as legitimate "faithful" alternatives to adapting Berserk, which would be convenient when considering how to handle Wyald and his giant spiky penis-tongue on the big screen. After all, what's easier to imagine, seeing that cut off in theaters or Wyald cut out of the movie altogether?

In any case, just something to think about. :griffnotevil:

X

Xem

I really doubt Boscogne won't be in the movies somewhere, that entire castle siege (and the build up to it) is one of the most popular and accessible parts, especially to fans of shonen. I imagine a guy would probably get his ass kicked for even thinking about cutting that. If anything, I could see that battle lasting even longer than it does in the '97 anime. Seriously, it screams for the use of these 3D armor models and everyone wants to see Guts swing Zodd's sword. Except for the Black Swordsman Arc since for some reason so many people see it dispensable, we should honestly be a bit more worried about some of the more quiet parts of the story.

But again, that's almost certainly not going to be in the first movie. One of my concerns as far as battle sequences and animation go is how they're going to handle the violence. To me Berserk is in large part Horror, and I'm sick of just seeing blood spray when someone is sliced in half or dismembered. We need guts and realism, damnit!

Characters aside, I, for one, am more concerned about the overall take on the story. The last anime project seemed pretty much like any normal Medieval epic save for the first and last episode! As such they left all the characters and events that can be considered supernatural (Apostles, Puck etc).

With Miura directly involved, better CG technology and seeing the trailer, it seems that this will hopefully not be the case in the new project (going by the sequence of Zodd slashing). I also somehow feel that the audience in 2012 is a little more receptive to such Horror/Shonen/ anime than it was 15 years ago.

I sure hope that they don't leave out the battle with Wyald in his apostle form.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Deci said:
Except for the Black Swordsman Arc since for some reason so many people see it dispensable, we should honestly be a bit more worried about some of the more quiet parts of the story.

Strangely it's been some of the most action-packed supernatural spectacles that have been cut previously, like the aforementioned Black Swordsman arc, Wyald, etc. If the heavy use of CG animation means those things get a chance to see the light of day, then more please.

Deci said:
One of my concerns as far as battle sequences and animation go is how they're going to handle the violence. To me Berserk is in large part Horror, and I'm sick of just seeing blood spray when someone is sliced in half or dismembered. We need guts and realism, damnit!

Guts, definitely, realism, I don't know. :guts:

MaN said:
Characters aside, I, for one, am more concerned about the overall take on the story. The last anime project seemed pretty much like any normal Medieval epic save for the first and last episode! As such they left all the characters and events that can be considered supernatural (Apostles, Puck etc).

With Miura directly involved, better CG technology and seeing the trailer, it seems that this will hopefully not be the case in the new project (going by the sequence of Zodd slashing). I also somehow feel that the audience in 2012 is a little more receptive to such Horror/Shonen/ anime than it was 15 years ago.

Agreed, except Zodd was in the '97 anime as well and they still made the other cuts they did (and it's seinen, not shonen). Also, if we assume the entirety of the Black Swordsman arc is out then this team has already committed to a bigger cut than those. Of course, that can still be rectified.

MaN said:
I sure hope that they don't leave out the battle with Wyald in his apostle form.

Me too, and in good faith I still assume they'll have him, but like I said, is it so much harder to imagine them cutting him than not? I'd sure like to see him in a trailer instead of some of this other stuff you can pretty much take for granted.

X

Xem

Griffith said:
Strangely it's been some of the most action-packed supernatural spectacles that have been cut previously, like the aforementioned Black Swordsman arc, Wyald, etc. If the heavy use of CG animation means those things get a chance to see the light of day, then more please.

The key word there being supernatural. In the first anime series they chose to eliminate almost all of that kind of stuff, perhaps partly to make the impact of the Eclipse more shocking and horrifying and/or simply because they were idiots and thought we needed more Adon. I'm pretty confident the action will make it in there this time... the rape, or really 'near rape' in most cases, could very possibly be toned down... same with the child killing. That's another reason I'm a little concerned about the more horrifying aspects of the story being circumvented when it comes to battle sequences. Even if they do include everything, those women and children on pikes could easily be turned into soldiers wearing armor.

One of the more quiet aspects of the story I'm concerned about is the whole Queen-Julius-Adonis scenario. "Maybe Guts doesn't hate being touched because he was raped as a boy, Griffith was never poisoned (or someone else did it), and the Queen was already dead." I hate the idea personally, but possible.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Deci said:
Except for the Black Swordsman Arc since for some reason so many people see it dispensable

A few idiots aren't "so many people".

Deci said:
To me Berserk is in large part Horror, and I'm sick of just seeing blood spray when someone is sliced in half or dismembered. We need guts and realism, damnit!

Yeah, that's what really matters!

MaN said:
I also somehow feel that the audience in 2012 is a little more receptive to such Horror/Shonen/ anime than it was 15 years ago.

It's seinen, like Griff said, and I don't think the audience is any more or less receptive than it was in 1997. Anyway, the audience's receptiveness has nothing to do with the decisions they took back then, nor with the ones they're taking now.

voodoo_sh said:
Griffith ahaha :ganishka: u made my day lol
that Baba sure looks more devilish in the 2012 animation

Looks like you missed the point entirely.

I'm personally looking forward to this project, and quite excited about it.
It is of course too early to make valid assumptions with the very few informations we have.

I would however think the very single fact they plan 3 movies for the Golden Arc only (if I'm correct) is a good sign of careness from the studio. This is rarely a decision taken by a studio who would only wish to make some good money no matter what.

I'm quite sad reading always the same things when an adaptation is coming and fans are going crazy because Casca had only one sock on her right foot in the manga and the trailer shows us the sock on the LEFT foot god dammit don't they have any respect for Berserk ?

Regardless of what has been said, and well said, about scenes being probably barely finished and so not in their final stage, well, seeing actual changes in the storyline is not only a probability but quite possibly a necessity.

The word "adaptation" speaks for himself ; you take something, put it in a new context, and make it work another way, so it fits the new context.

This remind me the endless and pointless debates about Tom Bombadil not being present in the Lord of the Rings movies ; he is a fascinating character of the book, yet in a movie, his very presence would imply explaining why he does not care about the Ring, he's not affected by it, why he could defeat Sauron in a blink of an eye yet will not be involved, and it actually would make the movie kinda dumb without an extra hour of Silmarilion being filmed, which is far from enough etc etc...

My point being, some things work on paper, when you have all the space you need to develop your world and sub-stories. But putting things in a movie can become very tricky.
I'd totally rather these movies respect Berserk, understand it and put the essence of it in a screen, even if I have to see some characters and chapters disappear, rather than a mindless perfect transcription of every single detail put alltogether without talent.

We'll anyway find out soon enough.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Fuck, are we seriously back to Adaptation 101 discussion? I realize this thread is long, and moves quickly, but we've been over and over this exact point about a dozen or so times now, and given our feedback on it. Check Aaz and Griff's MONSTER posts on the subject.

Your reiteration of this tired point does utterly nothing for the thread. But uh, thanks for sharing anyway. :schierke:

DirectDK said:
Please remember, this movie is part of a trilogy, so the duel between Guts and Griffith won't happen until the 2nd movie.

What if that scene is at the beginning of the first movie, and then the rest of the movie is a flashback showing what lead up to that point? What if they forgot that Guts had his sword broken, because they began with that scene and then they were to lazy to fix it?

Oh I am sorry Walter if I did not take a moment to read the 50 previous pages of the thread. As you said, long thread.

The fact you warned me about the subject being discussed already is understandable, and even nice of you to share the link ; yet I'm quite sure you could have the same result (avoid having this discussed again) without rolling eyes and suggesting my point is tired.

But maybe I'm taking your post the wrong way. So my apologizes for reanimating from the dead a 6 day burried discussion, and repeating, not that I was aware of, the "official" point of view.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Vinsssounet said:
Oh I am sorry Walter if I did not take a moment to read the 50 previous pages of the thread. As you said, long thread.

The last 5 pages would have sufficed. This has been a recurring topic. Furthermore, the contents of your post suggested that you were acquainted with what's been said on the topic during the past few days/weeks.

Vinsssounet said:
The fact you warned me about the subject being discussed already is understandable, and even nice of you to share the link ; yet I'm quite sure you could have the same result (avoid having this discussed again) without rolling eyes and suggesting my point is tired.

Why, it is a tired point and I believe that the content of your post more than deserves an eye roll. Now I can see that you're being pretty sensitive about this, but you should realize that Walter's actually being pretty nice.

Here's what I would have replied to you myself, and that's me being nice as well:

Vinsssounet said:
It is of course too early to make valid assumptions with the very few informations we have.

It's never too early to make constatations based on the footage we've seen or the declarations we've heard. As long as it's kept in the proper context there's no problem, and we've been very reasonable and even quite conservative in that regard so far.

Vinsssounet said:
I would however think the very single fact they plan 3 movies for the Golden Arc only (if I'm correct) is a good sign of careness from the studio. This is rarely a decision taken by a studio who would only wish to make some good money no matter what.

The project's being commissioned by Hakusensha. It's not like Studio 4°C bought the rights for it and can do whatever it wants.

Vinsssounet said:
I'm quite sad reading always the same things when an adaptation is coming and fans are going crazy because Casca had only one sock on her right foot in the manga and the trailer shows us the sock on the LEFT foot god dammit don't they have any respect for Berserk ? Regardless of what has been said, and well said, about scenes being probably barely finished and so not in their final stage, well, seeing actual changes in the storyline is not only a probability but quite possibly a necessity.

Well I'm even sadder myself to be continuously reading about people who pretty much don't give a fuck how sloppy the adaptation could be. Who don't even hope for it to be done meticulously. It's mind-boggling. When the main characters are wearing the wrong armor in over half the scenes we see it's legitimate to be worried. That's indeed not a sign of respect or care towards the series, and it's disrespectful of you to mock other people's concerns by reducing them to "going crazy because the right sock is showing instead of the left". You say the scenes are "probably" barely finished. Maybe, but then again they're in an official trailer, so I'm guessing they're closer to completion than not. And in any case they're official. We're all hoping they'll be fixed in due time, but we don't know it for sure, and it's again legitimate for us to point out the discrepancies and ponder their possible finality. It's not like we have anything else to do at this point anyway. As for changes being a necessity, well these are definitely not necessary, no matter how you think about it.

Vinsssounet said:
I'd totally rather these movies respect Berserk, understand it and put the essence of it in a screen, even if I have to see some characters and chapters disappear, rather than a mindless perfect transcription of every single detail put alltogether without talent.

There are no chapters in the Golden Age arc, but I take it you mean "episodes". Anyway, there's a contradiction in what you're saying. If they were to remove characters (like say Boscone, who was being discussed) or whole parts of the plot, then I don't think you could say they were respecting Berserk, nor understanding it. As for a "mindless perfect transcription of every detail put together without talent", that's just an impossible scenario that only exists in the context of trying to clumsily undermine the point that faithfulness to the manga does matter a lot.

So in short I think your depiction of the situation is rather unfair and borderline offensive in how it pictures other fans, and that your examples are not very pertinent given the differences between the media involved (novel to live action film / manga to animated film). Similarly, your reaction to Walter's post seems oversensitive to me. No hard feelings though. We're all fans here, right? We all want these movies to be great, right? Then I don't think there's a problem. We can be critical while remaining generally positive and optimistic.

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
Aazealh said:
It's never too early to make constatations

Oh 'Tish.. that's French! :carcus:

Well, good or bad, the project will mean awesome new AMV's, and a crop of new fans, of which some percentage will rock. And we will have fun explaining to nufans which bits from the movies were wrong. So I'm reasonably pumped.

Lithrael said:
And we will have fun explaining to nufans which bits from the movies were wrong.
TRUE! I got a kick telling my brother about the sword bit when the preview came out and he was a little surprised. Being on the board's definitely made me more aware of the story and prompted me to up my knowledge.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Lithrael said:
Oh 'Tish.. that's French! :carcus:

Don't torture yourself, that's my job. :casca:

Lithrael said:
Well, good or bad, the project will mean awesome new AMV's, and a crop of new fans, of which some percentage will rock. And we will have fun explaining to nufans which bits from the movies were wrong. So I'm reasonably pumped.

It's been said before, but this project in general is obviously and most definitely a great thing for Berserk as a series. And I'm quite certain that we're all excited about this first movie as well, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't scrutinize it or discuss the choices that are being made. Hell, if we don't do it, who will? We're the first and last line of defense! The Berserk Bulwark! :iva:

Hey, if I'm over sensitive about Walter's post, well you are over sensitive about Casca's socks.

Well I'm even sadder myself continuously reading about people who pretty much don't give a fuck how sloppy the adaptation could be.

I never said nor implied I did not care about the movies being made meticulously ; I only tried to highlight the fact that there was yet no point to scream over things not being exactly as they are in the manga, because there might be a good reason behind it, reason that could be justified by the adaptation.
I'd be pleased if you were not making me say stuff I didn't.

So, this was the "nice and without second degree" résumé of what I said.
Casca's socks were nothing but adding some humor ; my all speech was meant to be in a light and funny way.

As for changes being a necessity, well these are definitely not necessary, no matter how you think about it.
Giving we've not seen the movies, I find it very hard to state such thing. There are dozens of potential valid adjustments not betraying the manga that could justify such changes. No matter how you think about it, as long as we have no final product to see ; I'm not saying they did changes on purpose and with a reason, just that they might.

As for a "mindless perfect transcription of every detail put together without talent", that's just an impossible scenario that only exists in the context of trying to clumsily undermine the point that faithfulness to the manga does matter a lot.
Oh, no, I seriously think such horrible things are not only possible, but actually exist ! For me, most part of the Harry Potter movies are nothing more than that. A terrible succession of scenes put alltogether just trying to put on a screen what's in the book, with no actual desire of understanding the story, and even less of cinematographic care. The worst of them all being the Goblet of Fire, successfully destroying any normal brain within it's first half hour by a non-stop violent and rushed transcription of the first chapters of the book that just look like someone reading those chapters without punctuation after a snort of cocaine.
Instead of an adaptation, they just took part of the books and filmed them.

So, this was what I meant. I hope this is more clear.

Anyway, my apologizes if I seemed mocking members with the socks story ; again, only trying to be light.

I do care a lot about this adaptation being well handled. I consider myself a fan of Berserk and would be very disappointed to see it turned into a waste.
So, let's not put all eggs in the same basket (does this idiomatic expression work in english ?) ; I'm only showing understanding about adapting something into a movie, that really does not mean I'm sloppy about Berserk details.

As for the examples I choosed, really the fact of speaking of a novel going into a movie and a manga into an anime is not relevant ; as my point was only to underline that things can have their place in a media, but become tricky in another. I was not being specific. We are all able of projection and imagination, and it does not ask a huge effort to imaginethings can apply the same way, no matter the source/destination media.

Well, I do perfectly agree with your last sentence. We're all fans here and we all want the same thing.

Let's say we've all start off on the wrong foot ; I've took too personally Walter being Walter, and you've took light examples as mocking ones. No harm done I hope.

Anyway, on a totally different note, I'm really pleased to wander on these forums ; I was used to a french forum, going quite desert for a few years, and it's a pleasure to have the opportunity again of speaking Berserk. I hope I'll get along here, and many congrats and thanks to the admins for the place.

Sammoniac

You taffers!
Aazealh said:
Hell, if we don't do it, who will? We're the first and last line of defense! The Berserk Bulwark! :iva:

Speaking of which, I'd really be interested to know what the actual Japanese fans think of the trailer, though they probably have the exact same conversations that we had on the subject. If most Japanese fans point out the inconsistencies, surely Studio 4C is aware of it. There's probably at least one employee that sometimes reads the forums. But would that really affect the project? I tend to think not, but we never know..

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Vinsssounet said:
Hey, if I'm over sensitive about Walter's post, well you are over sensitive about Casca's socks.

I'm not oversensitive about anything; I just don't like inaccurate statements. You sure do look like a dumbass for reiterating that strawman argument about socks though.

Vinsssounet said:
I only tried to highlight the fact that there was yet no point to scream over things not being exactly as they are in the manga

Then you're wrong, because there is a point, if only for academic purposes or mere curiosity. And while hypothetically things might still change, that doesn't mean we can't talk about them for now. Again, it's not like we have anything better to do. Furthermore, at this point it's not even a matter of exactness but simple likeness. Nor is anybody "screaming" about it. In short: see what's already been said.

Vinsssounet said:
because there might be a good reason behind it, reason that could be justified by the adaptation.

No, I don't think so. I've explained why before. Read what's been said on the topic and if you feel you can dispute it, be my guest.

Vinsssounet said:
I'd be pleased if you were not making me say stuff I didn't.

Aww, don't like the taste of your own medicine? :casca:

Vinsssounet said:
Casca's socks were nothing but adding some humor ; my all speech was meant to be in a light and funny way.

Didn't come across the right way I guess.

Vinsssounet said:
Giving we've not seen the movies, I find it very hard to state such thing. There are dozens of potential valid adjustments not betraying the manga that could justify such changes.

Then go ahead and list them. If you can't, then please don't waste our time. The burden of proof is on you.

Vinsssounet said:
Oh, no, I seriously think such horrible things are not only possible, but actually exist ! For me, most part of the Harry Potter movies are nothing more than that.

I'm not familiar with that series, however I know for certain that it isn't a "perfect transcription of every detail" from the books.

Vinsssounet said:
I do care a lot about this adaptation being well handled. I consider myself a fan of Berserk and would be very disappointed to see it turned into a waste.

See, we're all getting along here!

Vinsssounet said:
So, let's not put all eggs in the same basket (does this idiomatic expression work in english ?)

It does.

Vinsssounet said:
I'm only showing understanding about adapting something into a movie

Everyone in this thread thinks they do as well.

Vinsssounet said:
As for the examples I choosed, really the fact of speaking of a novel going into a movie and a manga into an anime is not relevant

But it is actually, as the process isn't the same, nor is the goal. And they have different limitations as well. But these are technicalities probably not worth getting into.

Vinsssounet said:
my point was only to underline that things can have their place in a media, but become tricky in another.

Of course. But none of the mistakes I've listed are problems that arose because of the transition from a medium to another. A perfect proof of that would be that the TV series from 1997 got some of these details right. But even without taking that into account, really, getting the characters' garb or weapons (or character design, in Zodd's case) correct has nothing to do with moving from a medium to another. Let's show some good faith here please.

Vinsssounet said:
Let's say we've all start off on the wrong foot ; I've took too personally Walter being Walter, and you've took light examples as mocking ones. No harm done I hope.

Well it isn't always easy to convey one's tone in written form. But as this topic has been discussed really quite a few times in a week's span, less and less patience is being displayed towards it.

Vinsssounet said:
Anyway, on a totally different note, I'm really pleased to wander on these forums ; I was used to a french forum, going quite desert for a few years, and it's a pleasure to have the opportunity again of speaking Berserk. I hope I'll get along here, and many congrats and thanks to the admins for the place.

Welcome once again. Hope you'll like it here. We're a nice bunch, but picky when it comes to Berserk. You know how it goes... Serious business. :miura:

Sammoniac said:
Speaking of which, I'd really be interested to know what the actual Japanese fans think of the trailer, though they probably have the exact same conversations that we had on the subject. If most Japanese fans point out the inconsistencies, surely Studio 4C is aware of it. There's probably at least one employee that sometimes reads the forums. But would that really affect the project? I tend to think not, but we never know..

I'll have to check, but you know, Japanese fans aren't organized like we are. They don't really have a big, active, dedicated forum for the series. Mostly to get information you have to check the Berserk thread on 2ch.net, and it's pretty chaotic. I honestly wouldn't expect much from them if I were you, nor do I think Studio 4°C should pay too much attention to their feedback. Rather they have Miura available and should cater to what he advises.

Griffith said:
Another champion of the righteous! :ubik:

Karma has chosen me :carcus:

Griffith said:
Don't mind if I do!

Here's another manga to anime to new anime comparison:

You know, when I was reading your post ( and some others ) I said to myself that it is precisely the kind of comparisons that has to be made, well it's pretty obvious but when you consider things in this official trailer, like so many other members said; it is right to think of what changes have been made; considering they surely will make some in the final release of the movies.

Regarding these 3 pictures of Griffith; well I won't try to justify any changes about the face, hair style and armor of this character; however, I was wondering that single question :

On that specific Griffith face and at this temporality :
comparemanga03.jpg

If he had to do it himself, would Miura really would do Griffith with this proper style? I believe it has some chances that, no, he wouldn't do the same because of his own style evolution, in some proportions and limits of course.

The point I try to make is there must be some substantial changes between the manga and a more actual animated version of it; simply because they couldn't imitate the evolution of Miura's style, it wouldn't make sense I believe, everyone knows that already I guess.

So, If Griffith has a different style, I can understand why, but that doesn't mean this one
comparenew03.jpg

is the "right one"...

I assume Griffith ( the member not the character :schnoz: ) that you were mainly talking about his hair style; which tends to become more and more curly by the time. Once more I'm not saying that If you change the hair style then we're done, I never thought that. I can't really say what else is wrong on this Griffith because it's just the entire face that doesn't correspond...

Griffith said:
in the trailer the old woman appears to be sitting in public since someone passes by (perhaps a young Griffith, confirming the above scenario?).

Well it's definitely young Griffith because of the hair, the size of the body. So this old woman should be the one showing him he way to the castle.

So, I agree that this old woman isn't a main character and doesn't have the same importance than a Guts or a Griffith. But then again, it shows well that they doesn't seem to hesitate to clearly modify the way some characters does look like.

I was thinking : The less "important" the character is, the more they allow themselves to make changes; I hope it's not the case but with what we can actually see it tends to be that way; I assume there is no need to repeat the other character changes we saw, even in a trailer.

Griffith said:
considering how to handle Wyald and his giant spiky penis-tongue on the big screen. After all, what's easier to imagine, seeing that cut off in theaters or Wyald cut out of the movie altogether?

Good point... I really don't know and It's disturbing... Maybe I don't get enough culture ( well it's probable ) but I don't remember any other animation movie which could be as serious as the tone of Berserk; involving on the big screen these kind of elements ( like Wyald and his giant spiky penis-tongue ) :magni:. Don't want to repeat what you said but I don't feel very optimistic about this...

I guess maybe it's a private freedom only for the manga form...

turkitage

ターク
Vinsssounet said:

LOL! :ganishka: holy crap that's funny. I've never had a signature here before but you just earned a spot!

Lithrael said:

AMVs are always nice.. good or bad. And some percentage of new comers will rock, that's no doubt right. The other percentage... well.... umm... I already feel sorry for them before they post here. As linked recently somewhere.. maybe after the movie is released any new registers have to pass the TEST to be accepted! Even though I never did it.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Theoden said:
Karma has chosen me :carcus:

Causality. :femto:

Theoden said:
I assume Griffith ( the member not the character :schnoz: ) that you were mainly talking about his hair style; which tends to become more and more curly by the time.

Nah I'm pretty sure he just meant that the face in general is gross (i.e. he already looks "inhuman"). :ganishka: Personally regarding the movie's art style in general I have to admit that the noses don't seem to be their strong suit. Not the most pressing issue as far as I'm concerned.

Turkitage said:
As linked recently somewhere.. maybe after the movie is released any new registers have to pass the TEST to be accepted! Even though I never did it.

We might as well just close up registration then.

Turkitage said:
As linked recently somewhere.. maybe after the movie is released any new registers have to pass the TEST to be accepted! Even though I never did it.
I guess I'm the only one who scored just 1 answer correct on that Test >_>' ... but hey, I'll take that!

S

supa_pokute

I know it's too early to tell, but if they decide to do the black swordsman episodes after the golden age films, do you guys think they might omit the beginning scene with Guts and the apostile that killed Carcus? I'm curious since they left it out of the TV series.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
supa_pokute said:
I know it's too early to tell, but if they decide to do the black swordsman episodes after the golden age films, do you guys think they might omit the beginning scene with Guts and the apostile that killed Carcus? I'm curious since they left it out of the TV series.
There's no solid reason why they would cut that scene. I'm optimistic that they'll keep key things in this series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom