Episode 214

All the trolls in village are washed away from the flood. Everything seems to have ended but Scherkie doesn't end the spell. Scherkie had lost control of herself while she was becoming one with the water elemental. Fanazee tries to wake Scherkie up but Ivarella stops her. She explains that if Scherkie is forcefully brought back while she is in the Kakuryo realm, her heart will not be able to return to her body and she will end up becoming a Majin/monster. In order to bring her back, they must tap the staff rythmycally and make the spell caster focus on the real world. Meanwhile, Scherkie was flowing through in the realm of Kakuryo. During this, she hears the sound of the staff and the words of Flora flows through her head.
"Magic isn't becoming one with power, magic is......."
At this moment, the temple starts to collapse because of the flood. Caska and Farnazee both fall off the roof and into the water. Guts tries to grab them but Farnazee couldn't reach Guts's hand. Scherkie upon noticing this, sends a logs there way. The two of them somehow grab a hold of the log but get washed away with the flood.
After everything had ended, Scherkie is trying to find the "odo" of Caska and Farnazee. Scherkie keeps blaming herself for losing control over herself. Guts tells her that no one in the village intends on blaming her for anything and that she should take some weight off her shoulders. Scherkie finally finds the two and assures that they are alive. But the two had been captured by the trolls and are being takens somewhere.....

end of chapter

I was really, really hoping that the troll chapter was finally over.....
But I guess I hoped too soon.

argon

I love Gatts Fury
Re:214

Thank ou for the summary
I was hopping too, yeah.
And this time i hope it will not last weeks and weeks to find the Boss in the mountain and to beat him (it ?) so that they can continue their journey to elfheim (not sure if i wrote it correctly)

Saiki said:
od

\Od\, n. [G., fr. Gr. ? passage.] (Physics) An alleged force or natural power, supposed, by Reichenbach and others, to produce the phenomena of mesmerism, and to be developed by various agencies, as by magnets, heat, light, chemical or vital action, etc.; -- called also odyle or the odylic force. [Archaic]

That od force of German Reichenbach Which still, from female finger tips, burnt blue. --Mrs. Browning.

Source: Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary, © 1996, 1998 MICRA, Inc.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

Puella's summary:

Farnese tries to pull Schierke back, but Evarella stops her. Evarella says, "If you force Schierke back from the astral world, she could get lost because her mind can't come back. To make Schierke come back to herself, we should regain the consciousness of the caster, concentrated to the real world through the tapping of a cane in a regular rhythm." Schierke is absorbed into the stream of the astral world. While the pounding of the cane continues, Schierke starts to regain herself and thinks about what Flora said,
"The power and art of magic can never be one. The Art of magic is ... " Then the temple is shaking because of the flood. Casca slips and almost falls off the roof. Farnese reaches out her hand to Casca but both fall and get swept away by the flood. Guts streches his arm out towards Farnese but fails. They are all being washed away.

A while later, while the villagers are praising Schierke. Schierke is trying to find the spirts of the two who were reproaching herself while she was addicted to the power (those two being Casca and Farnese.) Guts says to Schierke "Nobody blames you. You've saved the village. Take it easy." Schierke senses the spirits of the two girls and confirms their safety. However, the two are put on the Trolls and being carried away.

puella

Berserk forever

Whoops, we have Saiki! :eek:
I worked on 214 summary last night because I forgot about Saiki. Stupid puella. :-X

The title of 214 is Shaman

Walter said:
Schierke is trying to find the spirts of the two who were reproaching herself while she was addicted to the power (those two being Casca and Farnese.)

It is Schierke who were reproaching herserlf, not Farnese and Casca.

Schierke is trying to find the spirts of the two, reproaching herself for her being addicted to the power.

I don't blame Walter. He was a bit busy and I was very sleepy.

Schierke senses the spirits of the two girls and confirms their safety. However, the two are put on by the Trolls and being carried away.

I translated "ki" into "spirit" which I was not quite sure of. It also means "ether" or "some energy of people"
Olivier explained it in the above post. I didn't know of the word "od" when I worked on it. :p

Same here. :-\

But I also guess Miura may want to take us to the astral world from this chapter. We don't see actions of other king elementals, fire, earth and wind yet.

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness

puella said:

But I also guess Miura may want to take us to the astral world from this chapter. We don't see actions of other king elementals, fire, earth and wind yet.
Did you want classic fantasy in BerserK? This is classic fantasy.

puella said:

Hmmm... I never thought about the possibility of them going to the astral world from here. Be nice if Miura does show of some action of the other elementals.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

krebs4life said:
hopefully the trolls take farneze and caska to an apostle, were spending way too much time on things that are as weak as these trolls

If anything, I think they're taking them to their KING TROLL. Thing is... we just finished a boss battle with the Kelpie and the Ogre. Maybe those were just the mid-bosses, and the King Troll will be the real level boss. Hopefully Guts will still have enough time left up on his meter to warrant extra points when he finishes the level. I'm really straggling for extra lives. Ill have to use one of my really limited # of continues when he dies again.

Miura... DELIVER ME FROM THIS~!

argon

I love Gatts Fury

If anything, I think they're taking them to their KING TROLL. Thing is... we just finished a boss battle with the Kelpie and the Ogre. Maybe those were just the mid-bosses, and the King Troll will be the real level boss. Hopefully Guts will still have enough time left up on his meter to warrant extra points when he finishes the level. I'm really straggling for extra lives. Ill have to use one of my really limited # of continues when he dies again.

Or maybe this battle is just the save point, so that guts and his group will continue untill they reach the BIG BOSS.
And as the BERSERK gauge of guts his nearly complete, he will transform into the common BERSERKER and kill'em all. But the Ogre will be so strong that Guts, farneze and schierke will unite to launch a super-mega-giga attack and so complete the level .
I stop here because i feel i'm crazy ::)

Anyway, i just hope it will finish quickly so that we can return to the main quest : Elfeim :D

ShinHell9

I started on here when I was like 14...

argon said:

Or maybe this battle is just the save point, so that guts and his group will continue untill they reach the BIG BOSS.
And as the BERSERK gauge of guts his nearly complete, he will transform into the common BERSERKER and kill'em all. But the Ogre will be so strong that Guts, farneze and schierke will unite to launch a super-mega-giga attack and so complete the level .
I stop here because i feel i'm crazy ::)

Anyway, i just hope it will finish quickly so that we can return to the main quest : Elfeim :D
LMAO!!!

puella

Berserk forever

damn trolls... :(
but I hope to see Farnese protecting herself and Caska for herself in the next chapter.
Maybe she'll use silver dagger.
I really really don't hope the situation goes like this:
There is a body of the woman, Hanna, Ted's wife we saw in 204, who were kidnapped by Trolls in the lair. She's killed after raped.
Farnese and Caska get almost raped by trolls.
When they freak out and scream so badly, Guts and Serpico suddenly show up from nowhere and save them.....

P

psymont

i really think it is about time that the women started standing up for them selves and showing some(forgive this next descriptive word) guts .... caska did kill 3 or so potential rapists prior to guts trying to rape her though .... i would really like to see caska's subconcious instinct for battle take over a bit more like it did then and when she was being lowered by isidro during the stand off between serpico and guts on the cliff .... as far as farneze goes, she doesnt even seemed to be trained .... sure she has killed tons of helpless victims, but she has only landed one lucky shot on guts .... she needs to bust out can soon

Lliugusamui

around the corner

oh than k you puella
it seems serpico is really exhausted ...
i'm worried ... don't you think it's turning tolkienesquely with the " 2 weaklings that are brought along", will the forest old spirits help Farnesesama and Casca ?? ::)

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness

I remember that time when Guts throw himself in the chasm to save Caska ( And almost drowned).Now...by the way Serpico's flying cape where was it?
Luckily the trolls did save the day...

secilj

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

First of all, thanks a lot, puella. :D
I think Miura will use Schierke's full magical power such as detection (already used), levitation, or distant protection or attack, etc. Frankly speaking I don't want this kind of anticipation to occur cause Berserk should be 'the crazy warrior' not 'Gandalf and his/her colleague swordman'. I anxiously hope that Miura break my scenario and go back to 'the dark realm' with his great creative genius.

BOB

poruno sutâ

thank you puella :-*

will we have a similar situation as in the pagan cave next with caskas possession showing through ???

Walter said:
krebs4life said:
hopefully the trolls take farneze and caska to an apostle, were spending way too much time on things that are as weak as these trolls

Knights of the Round, dude. its level up time! 8)

Top Bottom