Who should the English dub voice actors be in the new Berserk anime?

Because we don't want the Berserk: New animation thread littered with posts about the voice actors I decided to make this thread. So anyways, since we know the Berserk Seiyuu's are going to be good :ubik: let's think about who should be the voices for this Reboot. And hopefully, if our anime dubbing companies are smart they'll skim through these boards and take our advice.

Here's who I think the voices should be:

Berserk English cast

Young Guts voiced by Luci Christian

Teen Guts & Adult (Golden Age) Guts voiced by Marc Diraison

Guts Black Swordsman (Retribution arc Millennium arc etc.) voiced by Michael Bell

Griffith voiced by Kevin T. Collins

Casca voiced by Carrie Keranen

Mute Casca (Retribution arc Millennium arc etc.) voiced by Sherry Lynn (Cheza from Wolf's Rain)

-----Guts party----

Puck voiced by Cam Clarke

Serpico voiced by Kirby Morrow (Inuyasha, Miroku)

Farnese voiced by Juli Ann Taylor (Hilde Soul Calibur IV)

Isidro voiced by Maile Flannagan (Naruto)

Schierke voiced by Stephanie Hoyt or Stacey Beard (Chibiusa Rini, Sailor Moon)

Evarella voiced by Kira Vincent Davis (Cham Hau, Aura Battler Dunbine)

Roderick voiced by Paul Dobson (Graham Aker/Naraku Gundam 00/Inuyasha)

Magnifico voiced by David Wittenberg (Allen, Sora Xenosaga/.Hack//sign)

Band of the Falcon

Judeau voiced by Christopher Kromer (1997 anime)

Pippin voiced by Jeff Ward (1997 anime)

Corkus voiced by Marc Sebastian (1997 anime)

Rickert voiced by Michelle Newman ( 1997 anime)

Black swordsman arc

Void voiced by Jon Avner (1997 anime)

Slan voiced by C.L. Jones (1997 anime)

Ubik voiced by Christian Collingwood (1997 anime)

Conrad voiced by Sean Schemmel (1997 anime DBZ Goku)

Femto voiced by Kevin T.Colins (1997 anime)

Baron voiced by Lex Wutas (1997 anime)

The Count voiced by T.J. Storm (Agnus Devil May Cry 4)

Zondark voiced by David Kaye (Recoome, Dragon Ball Z)

Theresia voiced by Tabitha St. Germain (Fllay Allster Gundam SEED)

Golden Age arc

Gambino voiced by Krakovski (1997 anime)

Zodd voiced by J David Brimmer (1997 anime)

King of Midland voiced by Jeff Swarthout (1997 anime)

Shisu voiced by Amanda Winn Lee (Yui Ikari, End of Evangelion)

Charlotte voiced by Rachel Lillis (1997 anime)

Julius voiced by Dick Bunting (1997 anime)

Minister Foss voiced by Greg Miller (1997 anime)

Queen of Midland voiced by Suzanne Gilad (1997 anime)

Sir Raban voiced by Sean Elias-Reyes (1997 anime)

Sir Owen voiced by Jason O'Connell (1997 anime)

Adon voiced by Mike Pollock (1997 anime)

Skull Knight voiced by Richard Epcar (Zangetsu, Bleach)

Wyald voiced by John Freeman (Vinegar Dragon Ball Z)

Silat voiced by Andrew Philpot (Alexander, Reign the conqueror)

Donovan voiced by Ezekial Rollins (Chit Sang, Avatar last airbender)

Godo voiced by Richard Newman (Totosai, Inuyasha)

Erica voiced by Karen Strassmen (Nanako Persona 4)

Conviction arc

Azan voiced by Michael McConnohie (Keiichi Ikari, Paranoia Agent)

Jill voiced by Lara Jill Miller (Kari, Digimon Adventure)

Roshinu/Rosine voiced by Debbie Derryberry (Yugi, Tenchi in Tokyo)

Luca voiced by Lia Sargent (Lalah Sune/Shion Gundam/Xenosaga)

Jerome voiced by Aaron Krohn (Kaji Neon Genesis Evangelion)

Nina voiced by Stephanie Sheh (Hinata, Naruto)

Mozgus voiced by Andy Mullins (Cornello FMA)

Millennium falcon arc

Sonia voiced by Olivia Hack (Ty Lee, Avatar the last airbender)

Grundbeld voiced by Paul St. Peter (Leonmon, Digimon)

Irvine voiced by Yuri Lowrenthal (Sasuke, Naruto)

Locus voiced by Kirk Thorton (Jin, Samurai Champloo)

Rakshas voiced by Bill Townsley (Elder Toguro, Yu Yu Hakusho)

Flora voiced by Lee Meriwether (EVA/Big Mama, Metal Gear Solid 4)

Mule voiced by Steve Staley (Fayt, Neji Hyuga,Harry Macdougall, SO3,Naruto,Outlaw Star)

Federico Vandimion voiced by Bob Papenbrook (Lios, Kasushito, .Hack games/Tenchi Muyo)

Emperor Ganishaka voiced by D.C. Douglas (Gabi/Wesker .Hack//GU,Resident Evil)

So whaddya think

Of my idea and ideas for voice actors for the big upcoming Berserk anime

Re: New Berserk anime: Who should the English dub voice actors be?

I want every voice done by Morgan Freeman. I will accept no alternatives. :troll:

Dembol said:
I want every voice done by Morgan Freeman. I will accept no alternatives. :troll:

If we were to go by that logic, maybe we should let Samuel L Jackson be Void? :troll:

Personally, I have no real preference over voice actors, provided they get the translation right and aren't sloppy.

Zodd human form: Morgan Freeman
Zodd beast form: Liam Neeson

Rakshas: Jim Carry :rakshas: I just hope they don't settle for Jamie Kennedy.

I concur with Michael Bell as the Black Swordsman. :guts:
And honestly, Cam Clarke is so good, you could get him to do another major role and you wouldn't even notice.

Graywords

Bettychu, I choose YOU!
Cam Clarke is awesome, but I didn't think his voice fit well at all for Puck. Too deep for an "elf".

I can't bring myself to contribute anything else to this thread...

Johnstantine said:
hopefully there won't even be a dub.

For those who want to introduce Berserk to their stubborn friends or girlfriend who don't understand the purpose of subtitles, it can be quite useful.

I don't know, Dwarfkicker. Whoever did the english voice for Casca sounded atrocious to me.

I personally prefer the original voices with subtitles, but also agree that having dubs is a useful tool for getting unfamiliar people interested. I recently told my girlfriend the entire story in great detail and she is actually interested in berserk now. However she pretty much can't stand anime with subtitles, so I really hope they have some decent english voice-overs so I can enjoy them with her.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
JezzaX said:
For those who want to introduce Berserk to their stubborn friends or girlfriend who don't understand the purpose of subtitles, it can be quite useful.

Oh, definitely. When it comes to animated material, I personally think there shouldn't automatically be a discrimination between dubs and subs. In truth you're really only choosing between a dub in one language and one in another. The problem is that re-dubs tend to suck, especially for non-blockbuster series/movies.

And I'd rather not have a dub in a language I speak instead of having a shitty one (see the US dub for the 1997 TV series). For now honestly I'm hoping the Japanese voice acting will be good. Taking it one step at a time.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
JezzaX said:

How dare you bring logic and reason into this thread to make a practical point!? Fortunately, we have the antidote...

dwarfkicker said:
Bring back all the old VAs from the first season. I didn't have a problem with anal rape.

:isidro:

Why am I not surprised? Dwarf recently saw a double feature of Troll 2 and The Room and wondered what all the fuss was about, "They were just alright." :iva:

Haha, I like that little modification Griffith :serpico: The only good thing to come out of the English voice actors were the outtakes. At least you were supposed to laugh at them. One outtake from disc five had me in stitches "Erica says, watch out for your balls...ching! ching!"

Griffith said:
How dare you bring logic and reason into this thread to make a practical point!? Fortunately, we have the antidote...

Whilst it seems logical, I actually managed to get my fiancée to watch the entire series with subtitles. Because once she heard the English voice actors, she was laughing at how nasty they were.

When i first read the title, i thought how awesome would it be if James Earl Jones did Voids voice.
Now i kinda have second thought about it, just doesn't seem so right.

Rus said:
When i first read the title, i thought how awesome would it be if James Earl Jones did Voids voice.
Oh the possibilities...
"The force is strong with this sacrifice"
"You don't know the power of the god hand"
"Skull Knight, I am your father"
"You are a leader for the band of the falcon and a traitor"

Give me a good English dub over a sub any day.

Personally, I think the English dub of the original series did a pretty good job of at least matching voices to the main characters. That's more than I can say for most dubs these days.

Graywords

Bettychu, I choose YOU!
DOOMXEEN said:
I don't know, Dwarfkicker. Whoever did the english voice for Casca sounded atrocious to me.

Subs all the way, definitely.

But honestly, as average as Casca's English voice may have been, the outtakes rather endeared her to me.

Something about her randomly interspersing "suck my c**k" into her outtakes a few times in a humorous voice amused me to no end. :casca:

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Graywords said:
But honestly, as average as Casca's English voice may have been, the outtakes rather endeared her to me.

Something about her randomly interspersing "suck my c**k" into her outtakes a few times in a humorous voice amused me to no end. :casca:

Haha, same here. Her English voice actor is easy on the eyes, too.

Why am I not surprised?

I can watch anime with subs, it's no big deal. I always prefer the dub though. Doesn't matter that much to me as I don't watch much anime these days.

But Guts and Griffith in the dub I thought were excellent. I also take anime dub Guts over Raziel-Guts from the game any day. All I could see when he spoke in the game was the little reaver of souls. That's not to say he isn't a great VA. :guts:

Rus said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXU3RfB7308

..yeah. I don't know.
I suppose it could be worse, Christopher Walken.
"OOooooH, The threads of causality"
"Tell me, little man, if that object is the brightest in your sights?"

Personally I always imagined Voids voice to have a magical quality. Like Skullknights.
Neither have lips or.. I guess Void does but not in a usable form.

Top Bottom