Who should the English dub voice actors be in the new Berserk anime?

Well you can forget Michael Bell voicing Guts. I was at the NY ComicCon/Anime Festival and dude was barely able to recall playing Guts in Sword of Berserk Guts Rage. He was like o_O and then when he figured it out his eyes lit up like :isidro: "Oh yeah I remember now!". Dude just shook his head when I mentioned the new anime.

DOOMXEEN said:
I don't know, Dwarfkicker. Whoever did the english voice for Casca sounded atrocious to me.

I personally prefer the original voices with subtitles, but also agree that having dubs is a useful tool for getting unfamiliar people interested. I recently told my girlfriend the entire story in great detail and she is actually interested in berserk now. However she pretty much can't stand anime with subtitles, so I really hope they have some decent english voice-overs so I can enjoy them with her.

This

When I was trying to introduce my aunt, my cousin and his friend to a anime live action prequel (Crows Zero) they were staring at me like I was crazy when I suggested watching it with jap audio and english subtitles. Although, I didn't know what they were think when I had it on the dub because to me it sounded bloody awful. The only ones able to understand the beauty of untainted anime/movie w/eng subtitles are people like a few of my anime buds from High school and my dad.

Gurifisu

Sweet dreams, dear child of god.
Well, actually the original voice actors for the anime are probally better now. Even though it was painful, I did watch the dub. They did get better.

However, If you were to bring back the old VAs I think the guys from the dreamcast game did a much better job. They had a nice euphony, they had pretty good inflection, and I could feel the emotion in their voice.

That's too bad I thought he did a good job.

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
Gurifisu said:
However, If you were to bring back the old VAs I think the guys from the dreamcast game did a much better job. They had a nice euphony, they had pretty good inflection, and I could feel the emotion in their voice.

Yeah, they used several 'real' voice actors for the dub of the game. Guts, for example, was Michael Bell, aka like 1/10 of everybody from GI Joe and Transformers and countless other 80's properties.

C

C_W

Puck voiced by Cam Clarke
God, NO CAM CLARKE... EVER.

I honestly couldn't care less who dubs it, though if I had to pick a company, I'd like to see Funimation get it. Usually (at least now) they're quite good with their dubs. I know they'd make it really good. I intend to watch it in Japanese though, so it won't really affect me.
I still always read Griffith with Kevin T Collins though. Love his voice.

Top Bottom