Dexter: Miami’s finest

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
So far Dexter is going five seasons strong and this season is only getting better!
In this season:
It started from when Rita was discovered murdered in the bathtub by the Trinity killer, out of grief Dexter gets back to work and discovers a rape gang dumping dead women into marshes, and for the subplot we’ve seen Deborah getting suspended because of LaGureta’s fuck up. The third sub-plot is already tying into the main storyline, Quinn is investigating Dexter more and found out that he has the blonde girl living with him

This season started off somewhat slow, but almost instantly picked up and with the massive disappointment the normal Sunday night line up is turning out to be [excluding the Simpsons], you guys might want to seriously consider some quality programing instead!

Anyways:
So what do you guys think is going to happen with the Quinn sup-plot? I’m leaning in the direction that Quinn may end up finding out through the old PI he hired and siding with Dexter. I have no idea what to think about the rape gang, but I believe it’ll tie in somehow with the cult that Deb was learning about

X

Xem

I'm pretty torn on this season.
It's ironic that as soon as Dexter has the freedom to "go all out" he now has to worry about Lumen and Quinn. Lumen isn't so bad, I enjoy the revenge theme involved there, but Quinn is just annoying. Maybe Dexter will end up having to kill Quinn like he did Doakes, though that would seem rehashed.

My guess for this season's twist is that Trinity isn't the actual killer of Rita, but someone else. Another serial killer following Dexter. I don't have any supporting evidence of this so it's just a hunch but that's my assumption.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Deci said:
I'm pretty torn on this season.
It's ironic that as soon as Dexter has the freedom to "go all out" he now has to worry about Lumen and Quinn. Lumen isn't so bad, I enjoy the revenge theme involved there, but Quinn is just annoying. Maybe Dexter will end up having to kill Quinn like he did Doakes, though that would seem rehashed.
Now I don't really think Dexter would be down with killing Quinn. I personally think that if Quinn were to find out what is really going on he'd probably be in complete support of what Dexter is doing and just stay quiet, he's only chasing him right now because he thinks Dexter killed Rita.

My guess for this season's twist is that Trinity isn't the actual killer of Rita, but someone else. Another serial killer following Dexter. I don't have any supporting evidence of this so it's just a hunch but that's my assumption.
That'd be interesting, but I don't think so.

Woot amazing episode!
I'm glad Dexter was able to work things out with his step-daughter, he's finally opening up to more of the people around him.

This season started out slow but I'll be damned, I'm enjoying it more than ever.

Quinn isn't so bad.
His intentions are noble enough. He's a detective doing his thing after all. The private eye he has tailing Dexter is going to become a major thorn in his and everyone's side. I'm curious to see how that will turn out. Perhaps Quinn will go to some extremes to ensure Tully (?) doesn't destroy his newfound relationship with Debra.

Debra's awesome btw. I never get tired of hearing her cuss.

As far as the Lumen situation,
I don't find much wrong with it. I actually want her to remain in the series in all honesty. Alas, I think for as much as she and Dexter are bonding, it isn't meant to last.

3 episodes left... This season is going by much, much too fast.

Deci said:
Maybe Dexter will end up having to kill Quinn like he did Doakes, though that would seem rehashed.
Dexter didn't kill Doakes, it was Lila. If Dexter were to kill Quinn wouldn't that seem to obvious as to who did it. Quinn is the one investigating him after all so one would assume Dexter had something to do with it. But then again you are dealing with Miami's finest so they probably wouldn't figure out for some time. :iva:

Deci said:
I highly doubt that. Besides Rita was murdered in the bathtub and her femoral artery was slashed which is the way Trinity kills his first victim.

Proj2501 said:
Quinn isn't so bad.
His intentions are noble enough. He's a detective doing his thing after all. The private eye he has tailing Dexter is going to become a major thorn in his and everyone's side. I'm curious to see how that will turn out. Perhaps Quinn will go to some extremes to ensure Tully (?) doesn't destroy his newfound relationship with Debra.
I agree with you on all the points you made about Quinn but honestly I find him to be annoying. It's Stan Liddy by the way. :casca:

I like Lumen and I hope they don't kill her off. Though sadly Dexter doesn't have a good history when it comes to the people he has cared for, ex. Lila, Rita. Oh and by the way didn't you guys love the way they ended episode 9. Tick, tick, tick, that's the sound of your life running out. :beast: (I hate Jordan Chase, but for some odd reason I like that line. :p)

I like Lumen and I hope they don't kill her off. Though sadly Dexter doesn't have a good history when it comes to the people he has cared for, ex. Lila, Rita. Oh and by the way didn't you guys love the way they ended episode 9. Tick, tick, tick, that's the sound of your life running out. :beast: (I hate Jordan Chase, but for some odd reason I like that line. :p)

Totally agree with you. I knew something like that would happen. It'll be sweet to watch him fall...

Proj2501 said:
It'll be sweet to watch him fall...

Definitely. Although it isn't going to be easy for Dexter. Jordan Chase has quite the reputation, if he goes missing it's going to be pretty big.
It reminds me of when Dexter had to take out Miguel Prado. He got lucky on that one though because of the skinner.
The big question is who is Dexter going to pin this on?

Proj2501 said:
Chase's
'missing' head of security.

Oh yeah I completely forgot about him.
Maybe because Dexter finished his ass off in episode 8.
:iva: I wonder how it would all pan out though? This season really is passing by to quickly Proj. I'm kinda sad, now we'll have to wait till September to see what happens to Dexter. Oh well, True Blood anyone? :carcus:

X

Xem

I'm with slan69 on finding Quinn annoying, I just wish he'd go away. Same with Deb,
though she's gotten less annoying since she stopped crying so much and relying on Dexter to find out info.

I still can't help but think there's more to Rita's death than we know so far, though I concede it's nothin' but a hunch and I'm probably wrong. Perhaps it's the fact that his son was found in blood that I feel that way... like whoever killed Rita knew Dexter was found that way as well.

Anyway I'm enjoying this season far more than the last few.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Watched the last 2 episodes. Pretty good,
Lumen got her practice stabbing for her first kill and at the same time someone was looking at them. I was surprised that Emily girl was still being controlled by Chase and finally met her demise. Dexter sure got lucky after killing Quinn's friend in the van and getting rid of the laptop and tape. Now the question is where is Chase taken Lumen to?

Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
I skipped Sunday's episode to watch the Ravens lose, so I'll have some catching up to do this week. :azan:

It was a great episode. The ending had me on the edge of my seat.
I really like the Lumen/Dexter relationship, they make the perfect (killing) couple. :iva: I just hope they don't end up killing her off.
Make sure people don't miss this Sundays season finale, it's going to be awesome.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
That was a good episode, but I was more blown away with the previous episode and the final confrontation with Liddy. I felt that there was a better villian with Liddy and was dissapointed at the last episode with Jordan, he just went too crazy and became to desperate for someone that was so incontrol during the last two episode.

I don't know how I feel about Lumas leaving the show like that, I'd almost prefer her dying or staying to just leaving like that, kinda had a bad effect. I still liked the very end, hope the show goes on at least two more seasons
!

Did anyone else watch that preview, Shameless? Watched it, wasn't the least inpressed, my girlfriend was. Am I missing something?

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
OK, I watched the last episode:
I agree with you Bob that Chase was kinda weak at the end, and didn't even do any more towards Lumen and Dexter. I"m guessing Dexter helped Quinn for his sister and also to let him know not to mess with him anymore. I was also disappointed how Lumen left, it felt forced and also too fast.

But as a whole it was a good season.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Th3Branded0ne said:
OK, I watched the last episode:
I agree with you Bob that Chase was kinda weak at the end, and didn't even do any more towards Lumen and Dexter. I"m guessing Dexter helped Quinn for his sister and also to let him know not to mess with him anymore. I was also disappointed how Lumen left, it felt forced and also too fast.

But as a whole it was a good season.

It was a good season, but yeah it could have been better.

The bit about Chase saying he's "evolving" was stupid. He was a really interesting character before this episode, and a lot of it felt very out of role. I guess becoming desperate is what he meant? I think he helped Quinn because he was innocent of Liddy's death, it's not like Quinn is suddenly going to turn around and point the finger at Dexter, especially because there was no proof in that he was there. Yeah the Lumen departure was poorly done, it felt forced, and even worse they couldn't think of a better way to let her go besides, "I don't have the urge to kill anymore". A friend of mine put it really well, their entire relationship just felt very awkward. I do like how Dexter is becoming more and more human.

Dexter Season 1 on Saturday.

Dexter Season 2 on Sunday.

Marathon watches. The first season is pretty decent and the second one drops the ball BIG but starts to pick up in the end, but not enough to redeem itself. I'd rate the show a 3/5 so far. The show matches my expectations of the hype around it, it's over-rated. The awesome bit for me though is Carpenter's scenes, she's smoking hot with that dirty mouth of hers XD. Wait, Benz is hot too, wait ... Velez is super hot, and what's up with all the
Lila nudity
, it's as if they knew the second season sucked so hard that they needed
hot sex scenes with her in it. And, her tits.

I got a NetFlix account on Saturday, they didn't have Season 3 on Streaming, so I watched the 1st 3 episodes off a DVD they mailed me. Decent so far, I don't like Deb's hair-cut but I can get used to it X'D. I hear the 3rd season is good?

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Not going to lie. If you didn't like the first two season, you'll hate season 3.

I finished season 3 a while ago, and I was surprised by how much I liked it. There was some awkwardnessan and a ton of terrible camera shots, but I felt there was a solid story there.

Just finished Season 3, watched the last 6 episodes and got done at like 5something AM. Miguel was fracking annoying as hell. Thank god the season is over, I'd give it a 1/5. Will hop on to the next season by the end of the week or sooner, if time permits.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Re: Dexter: Miami’s finest

IncantatioN said:
Just finished Season 3, watched the last 6 episodes and got done at like 5something AM. Miguel was fracking annoying as hell. Thank god the season is over, I'd give it a 1/5. Will hop on to the next season by the end of the week or sooner, if time permits.

1/5? It's not the best, but it still was better than 1/5. Care to explain why you're giving it such a low 'score'?

Edit: oh I called it.
Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
Not going to lie. If you didn't like the first two season, you'll hate season 3.

Miguel's over-acting and super~accent + slow pace of the show (compared to S1 / S2) + Dexter's search for the perfect key lime pie along with other things was a little annoying to see episode after episode. A lot of Rita in the season with her raging hormones and the fact that she kinda trapped him was a little over the top. I'd imagine Dexter would've been a lot more careful because of his broken childhood. I don't know why, but the season was flat out boring except the last episode.

Saephon

Die young and save yourself
I find it hard to believe that there's anyone who doesn't like Season 2 (save for Lila...fuck her). But I'm very interested to see what you think of Season 4. It's possibly my favorite.

Top Bottom