Mass Effect 3 [Spoilers]

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Oburi said:
Does anyone think they will explain in detail why the reapers do what they do or how they were created? I'm curious, but at the same time I like the mystery and kinda sorta don't want Bioware to explain the reapers at great length in MA3.

It's kind of been obvious to me ever since the end of ME1 due to a few hints and even more with ME2 that a Reaper is the embodiment of a whole race, transformed into one "eternal" "perfect" being. The original Reaper was likely self-built, meaning that a race turned itself into one. Then it started plotting to "groom" each generation of races in the universe so that one would be fitting to become a new Reaper. Not all races are "worthy" of it. The Protheans for example apparently failed to produce a Reaper, which is why the Collectors moved on and tried to produce one from humans, which is apparently this generation's race of choice for Reaperdom thanks to Shepard.

Oburi said:
Anyway I was pissed after I replayed Mass effect 1 only to find that my mass effect 2 disc was unreadable. Thing is, it's not even scratched up, I read that it was possibly because of a corrupt save. I knew something like this was going to happen to me. Any advice?

Can the disc be read at all? If not, I don't see how that could be because of a save. I'd just persevere if I were you, my X360 sometimes gives me trouble with reading discs as well, but it always ended up working in the end so far.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Aazealh said:
Can the disc be read at all? If not, I don't see how that could be because of a save. I'd just persevere if I were you, my X360 sometimes gives me trouble with reading discs as well, but it always ended up working in the end so far.

Yea it gets to the menu screen then after a few seconds it fails to recognize the disc. I even tried putting in disc 2 and starting a new game from there, but when it tells me to put in disc 1 the error will come up at the menu. W/e, I'll try and get another copy, won't be able to do that for a whole week though. Any of you guys available to exchange this for me?

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Oburi said:
Yea it gets to the menu screen then after a few seconds it fails to recognize the disc. I even tried putting in disc 2 and starting a new game from there, but when it tells me to put in disc 1 the error will come up at the menu. W/e, I'll try and get another copy, won't be able to do that for a whole week though. Any of you guys available to exchange this for me?
If I was you, I'd try to get another copy (rented or if you know someone who has it). If truly it's a corrupted save file you have, there is a chance the same problem will happen regardless of the copy.

may2011cover1280.jpg

:ubik:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Hahaha, nice lens flare under Shepard's arm. And that pose... I don't know, not the best I've seen.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Meh... Mass Effect Anime in the works. Same producer from the game series will be the producer of this project. We'll see.

http://www.neoseeker.com/news/16177-mass-effect-anime-movie-set-for-2012/

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Nomad said:
Meh... Mass Effect Anime in the works. Same producer from the game series will be the producer of this project. We'll see.

http://www.neoseeker.com/news/16177-mass-effect-anime-movie-set-for-2012/

"Meh" indeed. :sad:

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
Griffith said:
His face also resembles a catfish.

vYLIJ.jpg

The resemblance is uncanny. :guts:

Commander Shepard, at the ready...in space. Without my helmet on...looking badass. GameInformer covers just get better and better.

Saints-Row-3-Game-Informer-April-Cover.jpg

Never really been a fan of any game to anime productions. They almost always come out cheesy or lacking the inspiration the game does.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
1st concrete information about this game in the link below. Without spoiling anything at this point, The Arrival DLC does play a factor in the beginning of the game. Link mentions what characters may be included in your squad, and who else remains to be known. Some of the core story elements are also mentioned.

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/711673/mass-effect-3-details-revealed/

There is SOME good news overall, but I'm beginning to raise my shields up on this one.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Man I cannot wait for ME3's super awful boss fight and half-assed story. Don't forget to tell us how awesome the combat is, Bioware, because that is exactly why I started playing ME 1. :schierke:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Proj2501 said:
What happened to the Mass Effect love?

Let's just say we haven't been getting very reassuring news so far. Worry not though, I'm still going to buy ME3 regardless.

Saephon

Die young and save yourself
I'm actually feeling pretty good about ME3, in spite of Bioware's March Badness. :femto: Those details released hardly touch on the game, and while I'm glad to see most of the original crew confirmed from the get-go, I'm confident we'll get a few returns/surprises as the game goes on.

More RPG elements and weapon mods? Yes please. If they strike a balance between ME1 and ME2 in terms of gameplay, I'll be a very happy man.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Saephon said:
If they strike a balance between ME1 and ME2 in terms of gameplay, I'll be a very happy man.

But then there's the story. I've read all the Mass Effect books, and they're not very good. Then there's the comic book that's awful. And the first thing we know about ME3 is that dozens, possibly hundreds of Reapers are ganging up on Earth, and it's somehow taking them weeks to conquer it. Remember when Sovereign single-handedly threatened the entirety of the Citadel forces? The Citadel being the capital of the galaxy. Yeah.

Now I'm sure they've got a good reason for it, like the Reapers harvesting humans to create their next member, but still, at this point I'm wary. Hopefully the game will exceed expectations and cement the Mass Effect trilogy's place in history.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Mass Effect 1 for $5 and Mass Effect 2 for $10 on Steam right now: http://store.steampowered.com/sale/eaweek

Also Mass Effect 3 was delayed until "Early 2012." Not a huge surprise. A few new screen shots of Mass Effect 3 have shown up across the web for those who are interested. Nothing spoilerish yet, thankfully. Though by E3, I'm going to start ducking my head.

Click for new screens. Some are saying those are "Krogan Husks" but they're something beyond that. They have Batarian features too.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Walter said:
Click for new screens. Some are saying those are "Krogan Husks" but they're something beyond that. They have Batarian features too.

I saw that, so if they're not just beefed up Batarian husks then... engineered mutant Krogan/Batarian combo husks! Prepare the Daka. :daiba:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Well, this is fucking awesome: http://www.giantbomb.com/mass-effect-3-fall-of-earth-trailer/17-4381/

Top Bottom