Mass Effect 3 [Spoilers]

H

hellrasinbrasin

To answer a couple questions shot my way without saying much as most of you are still "just" beginning playing the game yourself's. I got my copy of Mass Effect 3 Thursday. Now as far as the main game is concerned its a beautiful game from start to finish. That being said there are some issues that need to be brought up and discussed. Bottom Line the game starts strong but falls on its face in the last part of the game. Personally I would have liked Bioware to have delayed the release at least until October to fully address all the problems and not to have rushed the release because of the leak from Microsoft in 11'.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
I've been getting raped with school that I've only been able to play about 4-5 hours from the release date. I keep hearing mixed reviews, but I do have to admit that things do get interesting after the initial horrible opening sequence. You can tell that they at least tried to fix things that ME2 received complaints about, but I'm not sure how far they got yet. I'm not a fan of shooters, and though ME was always supposed to be one, I do admit that I find the gameplay fun or at least the most challenging of all the trilogy. I'm not too pleased with my overall squad roster, but I'm hoping there will be more in the long run. In the end, I won't be able to play much of it until wednesday but I think what I am trying to say is that the game has me interested enough for me to wish to be done with my tests... If that means anything to anyone. :judo:.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Nomad said:
If that means anything to anyone. :judo:.

I completely understand. I'm waiting until after this current semester, mostly because I just take a lot of time to play games, and this semester has a lot of work going along with it ( :schierke:). I also might just wait for the price to drop, but I'll see, it depends on the feed back I hear from you guys.

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
I'm enjoying it so far. Very intense. At times I feel like the game is fucking with my emotions.

It's taking a little bit for me to get used to the gameplay. I mean it's similar enough, but different.

I was very unhappy that I couldn't import my Mass Effect 1 face. Apparently they're working on a fix for that.

Saephon

Die young and save yourself
Finished it last night around 3am. Enjoyed almost the entire game; overall I give it a 8.5/10. I can't wait for more of you to finish it so we can discuss it. I think it's much better than Mass Effect 2, but it also left a sour taste in my mouth when it was over....More on that later. Hurry up guys. :guts:

Nomad said:
Review does not only imply a website, magazine nor any other type of associated form. Besides, I never pay attention to that shit. Friends can have their own reviews too :void:.

The Amazon reviews are definitely mixed: http://www.amazon.com/Mass-Effect-3-Xbox-360/product-reviews/B004FYEZMQ/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

...but I also have to take Amazon reviews with a grain of salt: http://www.amazon.com/Berserk-35-Kentaro-Miura/product-reviews/1595826955/ref=cm_cr_dp_all_helpful?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending

My friends aren't huge video gaming enthusiasts, so that option's out for me.

7-8 hours in. Really enjoying it. So far I've spent way more time talking than shooting, which is how I like it. I've one minor gripe so far, but I need to finish the game before I get all huffy about it.

Wish the Limited Edition DLC pamphlet could have been a little less informative... :mozgus: :mozgus:

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Proj2501 said:
Wish the Limited Edition DLC pamphlet could have been a little less informative... :mozgus: :mozgus:
Then funnier part is that Gamestop had a huge poster with the downloadable character just popping out as if it was a Victoria Secret model. People were actually asking the crew to take it down.

I'll continue to be SPOILER FREE.

Nomad said:
Then funnier part is that Gamestop had a huge poster with the downloadable character just popping out as if it was a Victoria Secret model. People were actually asking the crew to take it down.

It strange that this DLC squad member would even be considered to be DLC in the first place. To me, it would seem to be pretty integral to the overall story. However, I haven't finished it so I may be wrong. :schierke:

Even the Art Book, while not spoiling things in a huge way, does have minor spoilers. Advise wait until you beat the game to look at it.

Has anyone downloaded the OST yet? Do the track titles contain spoilers? :judo: Pretty clean. Nothing really to ruin the experience. You learn more in the trailers, I think.

Also, I'd better see EVERY one of my former squad mates in this game. I made sure to have no one die in ME2. I'll settle for brief cameos...I guess.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
I can't post the links for I am on my phone, but events have happened:
1. EA responds to fans rage about the DLC stating that "the content was not completed upon the creation of the disk. (Though it was indeed found in the disk half of the other data missing of the DLC) EA responds with: "We did a similar thing with Zaeed and Katsumi for ME 2.

2. Apparently there is a big petition under way from "fans" asking Bioware to change the ending. Not that it means that it's bad (I mean lets face it... Jersey Shore, Brittney Spears and MTV has shown us that the stupid population out-weights the rest), but now one has to wonder.

Nomad said:
2. Apparently there is a big petition under way from "fans" asking Bioware to change the ending. Not that it means that it's bad, but now one has to wonder.

On the surface, that sounds very, very stupid. Can you provide a link with just how many "fans" have signed said petition?

Saephon

Die young and save yourself
If its any reassurance to anyone, I think 99% of the game is golden. And I didn't like ME2 too much.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Walter said:
Let's not discuss anything about the ending, guys.
No pun intended. I guess I mentioned it more for comedy reasons vs. trying to figure out the end. But I do apologize for the subject. I'm still in the 5 hour of gameplay. :judo:

H

hellrasinbrasin

What I loved about the game without saying anything but if you know what I'm alluding to I caught it on my 2nd playthrough and have been laughing my butt off ever since I noticed it and what was noticed was noted by others who played the game. God I can't wait for April just 2 weeks away. Oh this is going to be so much fun...

I'm 12+ hours in, my biggest complaint so far are the reapers themselves. They really have been badly cheapened, so much so that it's difficult to view the space squid armada as a credible threat. (Small early game spoiler if you're really careful about that stuff, I suppose: )
Cerberus feels more dire a threat than the reapers... Which is pretty absurd

Besides that, I'm liking the game well enough. :) It's better than the demo (which was decent) let on (the intro part on earth is the worst part really), but it's very much more of the same as ME2... I have the feeling that people who disliked ME2 won't love this one either, but I'm still in the early parts of the game, so who knows. I don't honestly expect the story to deliver.

Proj2501 said:
Ugh. Missions expire. Guess I should have known better. Need to go back and load an older save now. Hours wasted...
Seriously? Does that mean you should take care of all the citadel side missions and whatnot in one go, before moving on with the main storyline?

H

hellrasinbrasin

EA's stock dropped today I think it had to do with the backlash over Mass Effect 3.

Top Bottom