The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
Oburi said:
One thing I really hope for in Skyrim is for the quests that are beyond the factions or main story to be just as good if not even more interesting than before. In oblivion there were quests that were suprisingly engaging even though they might have been short in the grand scope of things. Stuff like buying a house and it turns out to be haunted and has a secret passageway buried beneath. There was a a good amount of these types quests in the past games (and about the same of lesser ones) so I really Skyrim can deliver on that front.
One worry I have in that regard is that they're going to let their new "radiant story-telling" get in the way of those sorts of quests. They've said that as an assassin you'll get sort of randomized quests from any random npc to kill another one. While this sounds interesting, it's not something that should ever take the place of actual scripted and written out quests. I mean, why would that NPC want the other dead? What if it ends up making no sense like it being his number 1 customer, or being some random NPC 50 miles away? I guess you could say that it has to do with letting your imagination decide why and all that, but I loved the previous Elder Scrolls not for their shitty randomized content like the copy/pasted dungeons in Oblivion, but for the story of each faction/side quest however little the impact on the rest of the world was.
They've even stated that they are going to be putting more emphasis on the main quest than before now, I'm hoping that means that they'll tie in a good amount of the sidequests into it in various subtle ways rather than they'll leave the sidequests up to radiant storytelling, which should just be a nice new feature, rather than replacing the traditional way of doing quests.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Yup, I know exactly what you mean and that's what worries me. In past games I made sure I never actually killed an innocent ( I went white knight), the thought of having randomized assasinations without actually story is terrible. With the main quest, I don't mind if they try to improve it because let's be honest, Oblivions main quest was a little bit of a letdown. But if that takes away or rather gets IN the way of some otherwise decent sidequests ill be pissed. Personally I don't need the big epic battles and massive destruction of entire villaiges. I'm fine with the smaller, well written stories that can be just challenging and clever on there own.

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
Thought I'd drop these off. These are the characters the gaming press created when they got some hands on time with the game. I'm so impressed. The art style and variety between the races is just worlds better than oblivion. And the argonian is sex.

skyrim_kaysercharacter.jpg

04498820-photo-the-elder-scrolls-5-skyrim.jpg

Lizzle-Bob.jpg

6035520155_decb25caf1_b.jpg

character2k_kotaku.jpg

Skyrim-Khajit-Gameinformer.jpg

Character1L_UK.bmp.jpg

p6Br1.jpg

Oburi

All praise Grail
Thanks Aphasia! I'm going to go with my usual first choice, the wood elf. Always been my favorite.

Btw, I heard it was confirmed that Nirnroots are back. You could see a few in the trailer.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Thanks Link!
Man, now imagine that but in the comfort of your room. I might just save up for a bigger tv specifically for this lol.

Saephon

Die young and save yourself
These Skyrim preview are making me suddenly realize how awful characters looked in Oblivion. And not from a technical standpoint; everyone's head shape looks wrong and devoid of a real chin. I'd go as far as to say Morrowind's NPCs look better. At least in that game Orcs weren't Shrek.

c5f41eaa-42a0-4b49-8d14-669fc3a126b9.jpg

Oburi

All praise Grail
Yea, I wish i had the image floating around that has screenshots of all the races from all three games to compare. I'm strangely less offended by Morrowinds outdated graphics than Oblivions. Another example is the Khajiit in Oblivion. They looked so bad. Beyond terrible.

Btw Saephon, I love your avatar and your sig! One the best albums of my youth. I still repeat that now and then.

Aphasia

Oburi said:
Yea, I wish i had the image floating around that has screenshots of all the races from all three games to compare. I'm strangely less offended by Morrowinds outdated graphics than Oblivions. Another example is the Khajiit in Oblivion. They looked so bad. Beyond terrible.

PmStk.jpg

3Qj9n.jpg

Here you are! Goes to show you just how much better looking Skyrim will be - or how horrible Oblivion looked depending on your viewpoint.

character1e_it_copia_jpg_0x0_watermark-big_q85.jpg

the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-20110813081209834.jpg

3279351.jpg

Glass eyes are all the rage in Skyrim!

Aphasia

John Smith said:
Does anyone have any idea what kind of computer it would take to run this game on maximum graphic settings?

The official suggested specs haven't been released yet, but chances are if you had a computer that could run Oblivion at a decent click it will be able to handle Skyrim.

Thanks for the male Argonian Cyrus. More screens!

Knuckleduster.jpg

FemaleDunmer.jpg

Hooded%20Argonian.jpg

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Aphasia said:
The official suggested specs haven't been released yet, but chances are if you had a computer that could run Oblivion at a decent click it will be able to handle Skyrim.
What makes you say that? The engines aren't comparable. They made a new one for Skyrim.

Aphasia

Walter said:
What makes you say that? The engines aren't comparable. They made a new one for Skyrim.

True, but Skyrim is still designed primarily to run on a 360, so the suggested specs shouldn't be that much crazier than Oblivion or Fallout 3, right?

Pulled these from a google search.

Minimum System Requirements
* CPU: Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz or Althon X2 2.0 GHz
* RAM: 3 GB
* HDD: 15 GB
* Graphics: 512 MB card
* Sound Card: DirectX 9 Compatible
* DirectX: Version 9.0c
Recommended System Requirements
* CPU: Core 2 Quad 3 GHz
* RAM: 3 GB
* HDD: 15 GB free disk space
* Graphics: 512 MB Graphics Memory
* Sound Card: DirectX 9 Compatible
* DirectX: Version 9.0c
Supported Graphics Cards:
Minimum – 8800 GT
Recommanded – Geforce GTX 460/Radeon 5850

Infinte

They see me rollin', they hatin'.
Here is a 20 minutes gameplay of Skyrim(Basically same the gameplay video from E3 but much longer and less talking)

Enjoy(P.S. at the end of the last video you will see Dovahkiin doing an awesome move)! :guts:

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Full Demo Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imH4Ncoe9Gs

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Full Demo Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=En3jCg7KYjs&feature=relmfu

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Full Demo Part 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9ntoCxhGkw&feature=relmfu

Oburi

All praise Grail
You know whats cool in that video is that the dragons skeleton remains. At first I thought the body just evaporates but it's cool that the skeleton remains.

Some new images.

1318054225358.jpg

1318054422886.jpg

1318054455363.jpg

Gah, so excited.

Can' wait anymore !!!

I spent more than 200 hours on oblivion and know just want to take some holidays in order to finish Skyrim....

The pics are so beautiful.

Oburi

All praise Grail
So does everybody have an idea for what type of character they are making? I'm going with my traditional Bosmer (since Morrowind) and will focus on stealth and sneak, using a bow. I will join the thieves guild (or w/e they call it now) and dabble in a few spells that benefit me like restoration or camouflage. I don't know why I've always preferred the Bosmer race so much. I like naturery wood elves i guess. They do have some of the most messed up traditions though.

I think it will be interesting playing as any other race than Nordic or human in Skyrim since it's basically a land of men, built by men. I believe there will be some racism in the land towards outsiders... and I can't wait to kick their Nordic asses in their own Nordic taverns!

Oburi

All praise Grail
http://www.thenexusforums.com/index.php?/topic/286552-skyrim-information

List of information about Skyrim so far.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xm54y82tUBY&feature=channel_video_title

New trailer featuring concept art and locations.

Top Bottom