AOW - Skull Knight [Backlighting]

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
AOW said:
In 2011, AOW’s first project will be a Skull Knight statue, which originates from Berserk episode 303 Gyakko (Backlighting).

SK-303.jpg

This artwork is more powerful than our previous Skull Knight statues. And the metallic purple creates a whole new image for this attractive character. Please look forward to this fantastic project. The pre-orders will start around the end of January.

Looks pretty good. At least they repositioned his hand instead and added a new base instead of just going through another repaint. I'll have to wait on pictures and price (though I doubt the price will be any better than the original)

Very happy to see this as my collection is severly lacking the SK department. Forgive my ignorance but about how much did the original go for?

I need more pictures too. This is a tough choice for me. I already have 2 of the originals (one pre-painted, and one custom painted). I generally don't like to have doubles of something, so having a triple of something is a bit too much for me. I wish they would have changed up the statue a bit more. If they limit this to a 30 or something, then it's more just like a variant. But if they do a full run at 300 pieces or something, I dunnoooo... it's a bit of a cop out, in my opinion. We'll see!

I might grab this one for sure because it'll be my first SK on a horse statue! I've looked for earlier versions with little luck :farnese:. I'm not too fond of the purple shoulder armor as yet, but I'll wait for more pictures for sure.

I agree with DirectDK though, the stance looks too similar (the horse).

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
This looks pretty awesome. If it's a decent size and price I might nab it. Would look nice next to 1/6 guts. I don't have any SK in my collection right now. Sad, sad.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
■□■ Skull Knight ■□■ 

We are pleased to introduce you to our latest project, “Skull Knight 2011 Ver.”.

SK-303_image005.jpg

The idea for this design comes from Berserk episode 303 Gyakko (Backlighting).

SK-303_image006.jpg

This artwork is more powerful than our previous Skull Knight statue which was released in 2007. And we used both metallic purple and green to represent the horse armor.

SK-303_image007.jpg

Pre-orders will start at 12:00 p.m, January 22 (Japanese time)

Code No. 236: Skull Knight 2011 Ver.- Exclusive Version

Unit price: 90,000 Yen (tax excluded)
Estimated production numbers: Limited to 100 pieces worldwide

Attachment: Demon Soldier, Beherit Sword, Normal Sword, and Serial Number Nameplate

Size: Scale is 1/10
-- Skull Knight: 40 cm (H) x 23 cm (W) x 33 cm (D) (base included)
-- Demon Soldier: 21cm (H) x 8.5cm (W) x 8.5cm (D) (base included)

SK-303_image009.jpg

Code No. 237: Skull Knight 2011 Ver.- Normal Version

Unit price: 85,000 Yen (tax excluded)
Estimated production numbers: Limited to 100 pieces worldwide

*Please note: The normal version does not include the Demon Soldier.

Special Discount

If you pre-order this Skull Knight 2011 Ver. before January 31, you will get 2,000 Yen off your purchase.

Installment Plan

You are also able to settle the payment on an installment plan.
For more details, feel free to contact us at assist@art-of-war.co.jp
If you have any concerns about the Skull Knight 2011 Ver., please do not hesitate to contact us at any time.

Thank you so much for your support.

Sincerely,
ART OF WAR

Estimated price? Hmm, so what do you guys think the chances are that the price will go DOWN from the estimate? Hahaha

So am I wrong or is this just a slightly modified version of the 2007 sculpt? New base, repositioned head, arm and torso? Maybe a slight change to the cape.

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
Yeah it looks awesome. I love the coloration on the armor. But the price is a bit nutso for me. Sorry Skully. :judo:

turkitage

ターク
I'm not going to make a price comment BUT..

I DO like:
Attachment: Demon Soldier, Beherit Sword, Normal Sword, and Serial Number Nameplate

I think it's pretty cool and a good idea that it comes with more attachments. I think more of their stuff should. Having it come with both swords is really awesome and prevents them from having two different versions of the statue just because of an attachment.

I wonder why they changed the color of his sword from green ('07 version) to red.....

I like the color on the armor. It's different, but I like it. I don't know if I'm gonna get this statue. It's like when they were molding the '07 versions someone sneezed while sculpting the arm and it wound up being bent upwards, and now they just found it and were like, "Hey!!! We could sell that again with a bent arm for more money!!!". It seems a little silly. I'm really on the fence, if I pass on this, I could get 3 custom 1/6 scale painted kits from members of this board.......

I do like that the senma soldier is 1/10th scale too, I wish the one that came with the 1/6 scale guts was. And I like that for us platinum customers they'll paint the solider different (a metallic blueish silver).

It's strange to me that doing another Gyakko statue, and choosing to add a complimentary piece, why wouldn't they take this opportunity to put a 1/10 scale Rakshas with it?

This would be the 2nd statue I don't own by AOW. The first being the Femto Gyakko, I felt it was way too much money for such a short statue.

It's like they're pricing their statues by how awesome the scene in the manga was, not by the size or quality of what they're selling :ganishka:

Turkitage said:
I DO like:
I think it's pretty cool and a good idea that it comes with more attachments. I think more of their stuff should. Having it come with both swords is really awesome and prevents them from having two different versions of the statue just because of an attachment.
Couldn't have said it better.

Turkitage said:
I'm not going to make a price comment BUT..

I DO like:

Their '07 version came with almost the same attachments, the price was 62,000Yen and not 90,000Yen...
Not to forget that at the release of the '07 version, the price was the same for the limited and the normal version...
For that price they should have at least attached another true statue and not just another demon soldier.

Also, the senma soldier with 1/6 Guts was listed as 1/10 as well.....Art of War seems to have forgotten what 1/10 scale means. I wouldn't be surprised if it was as small as the other senma soldier and Serpico (neither of which were 1/10 as far as I'm concerned). Although, they do list this one as 21cm, so 8+ inches might actually be in scale..More than twice the size of the last "1/10" soldier...then again, we can't see how big the base is, haha. We need to see it in relation to another statue to be sure.

Top Bottom