Explain the prophocy.

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Someone wanna clear up the old White Hawk/ Dark Hawk thing to me? I got a lil confused by it.

Thanx in advance ;)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Gutzs said:
Someone wanna clear up the old White Hawk/ Dark Hawk thing to me? I got a lil confused by it.

Thanx in advance ;)
If you've read about it in the manga, thats about as far as it goes... There hasnt been a clarification. There are of course, speculations but... I'm not going to throw any at ya.

ShinHell9

I started on here when I was like 14...
Gutzs said:

Thanx in advance ;)
I speculate that the white hawk is like the christ of BERSERK, the only reason why i say this is beacuse of that picture on vol. 17 with the hawk on the crosshair.

Uriel

Walter said:
There are of course, speculations but... I'm not going to throw any at ya.
Please do, I couldn't find which volume it was in, so let's hear some speculation ;)

T

temporary

The White Hawk is Griffith, and then later, he'll become even more evil then will be recognized as the Dark Hawk...

Uriel

Mokred2 said:
Schierke is talking about it in vol 22 ch8 p 170-172
dont know if it helps.
All it explains is the The Falcone of Light is the one who will save the people.. and the The Falcone of Darkness will plunge to world into Darnkess.. it's still kind of vague :-\

Gutzs said:
Mokred2 said:
Schierke is talking about it in vol 22 ch8 p 170-172
dont know if it helps.
All it explains is the The Falcone of Light is the one who will save the people.. and the The Falcone of Darkness will plunge to world into Darnkess.. it's still kind of vague :-\

hehe i think i should have read it before i posted it sorry.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
The white hawk is a symbol that appeared in a world-sized collective dream, as the savior who'll restore peace etc, Griffith is acting this way, and the dream is probably his doing.

There's also an old prophecy who talks about a dark hawk, evil and all, and that's most likely Griff, he's only deceiving people with his white and shining armor.

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
From my faulty memory...
When we first see Shirke, she is looking in on griffith. I think she refers to him as the light hawk, and needs to seek out the dark hawk.
The light hawk doesn't neccesarily have to be truely good, nor the dark hawk evil. The vision seen all across the land can't be trusted since it was probably done by griffith/femto.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Majin Tenshi said:
From my faulty memory...
When we first see Schierke, she is looking in on griffith. I think she refers to him as the light hawk, and needs to seek out the dark hawk.

Hmm, I don't remember precisely but doesn't she refer to him as the Hawk of Darkness?

I may be wrong about this, but didn't the Knights of the Holy Chain refer to Gattsu as the dark hawk way back in Volume 15-17 (can't remember which volume)? I think they also refered to the visions from the collective dream as the White Hawk.

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
No, she refers to him as the Hawk of Light and says "he will save the world, or so they say." (in the translation I have at least). She also mentions "making use" of the Hawk of Darkness.

**Once again, the translation I have**

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
kimchan said:
No, she refers to him as the Hawk of Light and says "he will save the world, or so they say." (in the translation I have at least). She also mentions "making use" of the Hawk of Darkness.

**Once again, the translation I have**
I really dont think thats an accurate translation... I'll see what the Hague says.

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
namayias said:
I may be wrong about this, but didn't the Knights of the Holy Chain refer to Gattsu as the dark hawk way back in Volume 15-17 (can't remember which volume)? I think they also refered to the visions from the collective dream as the White Hawk.
A. Can we trust the collective vission? I wouldn't
B. What makes you think we can trust The Church's doctrine. They are opposed to witches who seem to have a good understanding of reality. That is, if we can trust what Flora says. She could just be making stuff up.

It seems counter-intuitive for Guts to be light and Griffith to be dark. I figure that the hawk of darkness will save the world, and the hawk of light will take the credit. Historicly at least.

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
Walter said:
I really dont think thats an accurate translation... I'll see what the Hague says.

That's entirely possible, I kind of dig these translation up from whatever place online I can find them. 8)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Majin Tenshi said:
namayias said:
I may be wrong about this, but didn't the Knights of the Holy Chain refer to Guts as the dark hawk way back in Volume 15-17 (can't remember which volume)? I think they also refered to the visions from the collective dream as the White Hawk.
B. What makes you think we can trust The Church's doctrine. They are opposed to witches who seem to have a good understanding of reality. That is, if we can trust what Flora says. She could just be making stuff up.

It seems counter-intuitive for Guts to be light and Griffith to be dark. I figure that the hawk of darkness will save the world, and the hawk of light will take the credit. Historicly at least.

A. Agreed
B. I'd trust Flora over any other character in Berserk...

I don't know who'll save what, I think Miura's still got some surprises for us.

The prophecy in Berserk is from the the Revelations(not the Revelations in the Bible).
When the sun dies five times, a red lake will appear to the west of new city with an ancient name. And that this is a sign of the coming of the 5th angel/messenger of god. The messenger is the hawk of darkness. The hawk is the master of the sinful black sheep, and the king of the blind white sheep. The one who will bring the age of darkness.

At this current moment, Griffith is the Hawk of Light but also the Hawk of Darkness. The Holy Chain referred to Gutz as the Hawk of Darkness bcuz they didnt know who could be the Hawk.
BTW, Flora and Scherkie also use the same prophecy so this isn't something that the church made up.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Saiki said:
The messenger is the hawk of darkness. The hawk is the master of the sinful black sheep, and the king of the blind white sheep. The one who will bring the age of darkness.

That matches the translation I've got.

Majin Tenshi said:

That makes me wonder whether Guts will end up saving the world and Griffith will take the credit for it. I can see that happening, but I can't imagine how. I think it may have something to do with a massive invasion of Kushan or some other Empire.

Aazealh said:
A. Agreed
B. I'd trust Flora over any other character in Berserk...

I don't know who'll save what, I think Miura's still got some surprises for us.
A. I agree the collective vision is just a way to manipulate the "Blind White Sheep".
B.Flora is probably the most informing character in all of Berserk. After her many explanations I think she is the most trustworthy, but she is friends with Skully. Does that make Skully trustworthy despite his mysterious nature?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Flora is probably the most informing character in all of Berserk. After her many explanations I think she is the most trustworthy, but she is friends with Skully. Does that make Skully trustworthy despite his mysterious nature?

Besides that, Skully still saved Guts & Casca from the Eclipse... I believe he could manipulate them, but I doubt him to be a real enemy.

Aazealh said:
Flora is probably the most informing character in all of Berserk. After her many explanations I think she is the most trustworthy, but she is friends with Skully. Does that make Skully trustworthy despite his mysterious nature?

Besides that, Skully still saved Guts & Casca from the Eclipse... I believe he could manipulate them, but I doubt him to be a real enemy.
I think skully will manipulate Guts later, but he did give him advice on either to protect or fight and not both. So I see him advising Guts more as a psuedo-student, since skully has been around many events and whatnot. But not completely in the sense of a mentor guiding a student directly. I hope this makes sense.

Top Bottom