Author Topic: Tomb Raider  (Read 2040 times)

Offline Death May Die

• Ask me about Avatar's sales!
  • Of the Nexus
  • "That day you left, that's when I knew."
Tomb Raider
« on: January 23, 2011, 03:01:59 AM »
Since Square Enix bought Eidos I have been intrigued what they intended to do with the Tomb Raider series. I recently read a preview of the game and now I must say I have a lot of interest in it. Anyone else take notice?

It strikes me a looking border-line survival horror mood wise. Reminding me of parts from Resident Evil 4 & 5.

More so, they seemed to do away with the over-the-top sex appeal which Lara Croft is known for. I guess the biggest problem these guys face is making her and the game revelant again. They said they're doing away with the lock on combat system that the series is known for. I read being resourceful with what you can find is the big gameplay element. Your shipwrecked on a island of some cult-like tribe.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 03:13:26 AM by Death May Die »

Offline Oburi

• Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
  • All praise Grail
Re: Tomb Raider
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2011, 04:27:15 PM »
Yea I'm really looking foward to this.  From what I've seen it looks pretty cool.

Offline Walter

• 賢者
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • Chapter ≠ Episode
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2011, 02:49:35 AM »
I think this series has a lot to prove, in the wake of Uncharted 1-2 stepping up to fill the void left by Tomb Raider in recent years. And I don't have a lot of faith in Square-Enix right now so... We'll see!

Offline Aazealh

• 髑髏の騎士
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • そうはいかぬ
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2011, 09:30:29 PM »
I'm looking forward to it, and hoping it'll be good. To be honest the only game of the series I remember fondly is the original. The later titles either disappointed me or I didn't even play them, but I believe the series still has potential.

Offline Aphasia

• Of the Nexus
  • ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2011, 04:28:38 AM »
This looks pretty cool.  I like the art direction they're taking.  Throw in some good puzzles and I'll bite. 

REBOOT http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktNgVmySQ5k

Offline NightCrawler

• Of the Vortex
  • Aeons gone, vast, mad and deathless
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2011, 02:57:46 PM »
I'm looking forward to it, and hoping it'll be good. To be honest the only game of the series I remember fondly is the original. The later titles either disappointed me or I didn't even play them, but I believe the series still has potential.

I remember playing the original non-stop on my Saturn on a summer i broke my arm crashing my bike into a car. What an amazing atmosphere that game had. Didn't care much for the sequels either.
Berserk isn't really "dark fantasy" either. It's plain fantasy
Miura has been very protective of Berserk

Offline Death May Die

• Of the Nexus
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2011, 09:15:09 PM »
Yeah, I have to admit I'm buying into this game. If this is as revolutionary as Resident Evil 4 was "game-play" wise compared to the other games in the series, it won't be a hard decision for me to pick up this game.

http://www.relyonhorror.com/latest-news/tomb-raider-2011-new-screens-information-translations-scans/

NEW TRAILER
http://www.relyonhorror.com/latest-news/tomb-raider%E2%80%99s-debut-trailer-is-here/

Offline mazinken

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2013, 11:55:02 PM »
Any one played the game? It has been getting a lot of praises and I am still deciding wether to buy it or not I want the opinion of someone played the classic games.

Offline Death May Die

• Of the Nexus
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2013, 01:22:14 AM »
Any one played the game? It has been getting a lot of praises and I am still deciding wether to buy it or not I want the opinion of someone played the classic games.

We've been discussing it somewhat in the WHAT ARE YOU PLAYING THREAD. Yes, I personally recommend it.
http://www.skullknight.net/forum/index.php?topic=10571.1650