NGP (PSP2) Announced

waqas

Oh, nevermind...
Aazealh said:
You can mod anything to do anything, that means little.

I'm not interested in arguing, but I find that it does mean something. If some nerd working in his spare time can add a "mod" to give the PSP a second analog then I find it astonishing that a billion dollar corporation like Sony with all the talent under it's hood can't make a hand-held which has one built in.

Here's my honest take on things. When developing the PSP Sony didn't want software developers to use it as a cash cow by simply producing low-end "ports" of their successful console titles. So Sony figures that they get rid of one analog stick and that'll force devs to create games for the PSP. And in the process differentiate it from it's bigger brothers (PS2,3) and become a unique platform by itself.

That's my 2 cents on the matter.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
waqas said:
I'm not interested in arguing, but I find that it does mean something. If some nerd working in his spare time can add a "mod" to give the PSP a second analog then I find it astonishing that a billion dollar corporation like Sony with all the talent under it's hood can't make a hand-held which has one built in.

Look at how it works though: added on the side, it's not integrated, etc. Really, I'm not one to defend big corporations and I'm not a big fan of Sony these days, but I tend to think professional engineers know a thing or two about what they're doing. I'm also not interested in arguing and I'm not even going to look into how the mod works or anything, but it's not just about being able to make something, there are other factors to consider.

waqas said:
Here's my honest take on things. When developing the PSP Sony didn't want software developers to use it as a cash cow by simply producing low-end "ports" of their successful console titles. So Sony figures that they get rid of one analog stick and that'll force devs to create games for the PSP. And in the process differentiate it from it's bigger brothers (PS2,3) and become a unique platform by itself.

I don't know about that. I don't think they had that in mind (especially given the number of ports on the PSP and the way Sony advertised it as being able to play PS2 games), and in the end it was still home to a lot of ports. What's sure is that the NGP does have 2 sticks, that Sony is advertising it as being easy to make ports of PS3 titles for, but that they still apparently don't want the platform to be a ports haven. Not sure how that'll work out in the end.

Truder

"I frown at Griffith's nipples" -Aazealh
Re: Playstation Vita

sony-ps-vita-taco-bell-unlock-the-box-giveaway-news-1.jpg

A couple months ago Taco Bell had a promotion called "unlock the box" where if you bought a 5$ combo meal you get a code that's on the box that your food comes in. well, my friend wanted to give it a shot and i thought "sure why not" so I bought the combo meal and i apparently won! this was months ago, and i have pretty much given up hope on it. well just this morning it had arrived and I was excited! mainly because it a free! i would have preferred a 3DS though :troll:. I must say that it is "neat." but there are like 12 games currently available and they are just "meh". im just happy i won something, feels good man. :serpico:

this post was mainly just me being a big bragging fat head :void:. but if one of you guys are planning on getting the Vita, i would like to know what game you are interested in so that i may look it up. (because this Vita will pretty much be as useful as a brick until there's a game i would actually like to play.)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

You could always sell it and use the money for something else (like a 3DS :iva:), couldn't you?

Anyway, provided you keep it, there are a few cool games out: Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Wipeout 2048 and Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus.

Truder

"I frown at Griffith's nipples" -Aazealh

Aazealh said:
You could always sell it and use the money for something else (like a 3DS :iva:), couldn't you?
im considering it! im just wondering if they'll announce a slimmer 3DS soon. if not than a purple 3DS would be nice. :ubik:

frankencowx said:
Congrats on your win Truder! Did it come with a memory card? =S
yeah. it came with a 4gb memory card and hot shots golf, and little deviants. little big planet should also arrive at my doorstep in a few months according to them.

Top Bottom