Dark Souls

Saephon

Die young and save yourself
Drat. Beat me to posting this thread!

I for once am really looking forward to this. Demon's Souls is probably my favorite game out of the console exclusives this generation. It looks like FROM is following in team Ico's footsteps in terms of IP and design, i.e. trying to do things a bit differently and making a "spiritual successor" rather than a direct sequel. I'm especially looking forward to a large, open world in place of a central hub. Here's to hoping they pull it off.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Been a fan of From Software since King's Field on the PSX (not really). Still, highly looking forward to this game, as I unfortunately didn't get to play Demon's Souls (not in possession of a PS3).

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Bring it I say! Demon's Souls is the kind of game that becomes personal when you realize it's unforgiving and flat out "old school". You die? Tough. I can see a lot of old school gamers loving this game. There's a couple of changes I would like to see. Being able to play online WITH friends instead of complete strangers with no way to communicate. It was a bitter sweet experience "forcing" strangers into helping you. But off course, you would always get the kid that would go around and go on his own screwing up all the story development in each world. I got those quite a few times and it somewhat ruined the experience. At least give us options like kicking a bad player out of your world, or establish some sort of communication.

Reading the link, I'm glad the world tendencies are out. Demon's Souls lacked on a lot of crucial information. World Tendencies was one of them. For example if you were to go "solo" and complete a world or level... Yet being online, no World Tendencies would occur JUST because you were online. Missing out on some heavy character extras, weapons, upgrades and such. I learned that half way through my game, and it wasn't a good feeling. I was able to recover SOME... But not all. Other than that, I'm looking forward to this sequel. This is the kind of game that would make a online co-op experience gold if played with the right people.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Aazealh said:
Still, highly looking forward to this game, as I unfortunately didn't get to play Demon's Souls (not in possession of a PS3).

Same here, I'm very glad it's multiplatform.

MrWeatherby

What's up, ketchup?
I think part of why this isn't named Demon's Souls 2 is because Sony owns the branding rights to Demon's Souls. At least that would explain why the name is so similar.

turkitage

ターク
Project Dark now known as Dark Souls... Oooo soo cool! I'm in love again. I've never heard of From Software and just randomly jumped into Demon's Souls after a year it came out. Best game of it's kind I've ever played. There isn't much story, which would have been nice, but the game play and challenge was amazing! Though, it wasn't THAT hard as some people would say. It was just nice to feel a little accomplishment after defeating a huge boss as oppose to some mindless game where I can hit any button and usually win or get bored.

"The difficulty has been increased greatly over Demon's Souls" - best line ever!

I really can't wait for this game. beat the crap out of demon's souls!

MrWeatherby

What's up, ketchup?
That part is the best part, since Demon's Souls wasn't very difficult, it was just challenging. I want buttfucking difficulty. I want to get fucked in the butt. :carcus:]

wait no! NO!!

It does look alot harder then demon souls hope the online is a bit better i know they are sopposed to be dead but would be nice to talk to the people who are helping you.

MrWeatherby

What's up, ketchup?
Breed1Ghost said:
It does look alot harder then demon souls hope the online is a bit better i know they are sopposed to be dead but would be nice to talk to the people who are helping you.

They said there will be an option to invite your friends to a game instead of being forced into random co-ops, and since it's also coming out on the Xbox you'll be able to use Live's voice chat, so there ya go.

So looking forward to this...
If they actually manage to eliminate all those cheap boss tactics you could use in Demon's Souls (according to this preview, there will be no save spots), this will be even better.

MrWeatherby said:
They said there will be an option to invite your friends to a game instead of being forced into random co-ops, and since it's also coming out on the Xbox you'll be able to use Live's voice chat, so there ya go.

I just read the interview on Gamespot, They said no friends and no voice chat. =(

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Breed1Ghost said:
I just read the interview on Gamespot, They said no friends and no voice chat. =(
This does not make me happy... At all. I loved Demon's Souls, but the experience would have been grand if able to share it with friends... Hell at least one.

I know i agree. I do remember tho playing a few times on DS with a random dude i helped a few times. What we would do is start a ps chat and if we needed to talk to each other we would stop and write in the chat but how we got to play together was picked world 3-1 thats where you start in the jail i think and him or i if we were dead would go in an empty cell to the right of the arch stone and summon each other there I forgot what we did on other worlds.

waqas

Oh, nevermind...
I loved Demon's Souls and am definitely looking forward to Dark Souls. It looks like they're keeping the atmosphere from Demon but the story will be different. Hopefully they'll expand the great online features which were brilliant.

Top Bottom