Help me make a custom Berserk iPhone case!

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
berserkiphone.gif

This is harder than I thought!

I've been trying to find a good picture to use to make a custom Berserk iPhone case. I've been having lots and lots of trouble. See, I've been looking through all of Lith's beautiful colors and various pieces of official art and uh... I'm drawing a blank.

I'd love to have a color image including post-Berserker armor Guts (without the helmet). I'd like it to be an image that takes up the whole area. Also, I've been thinking of maybe a group shot if possible.

Here's the template I'm using:
http://asset.zcache.com/assets/graphics/z2/mk/custom/guideFiles/PSD/iPhone3g_vertical.v2.psd

And here's the site I'm doing it through:
http://www.gifts.com/search/product/Create-your-own-Iphone-3G-Case?ideaID=15612&prodID=387762

Any help or picture suggestions or even attempts would be welcome! Please help!

:serpico: :guts: :casca: :farnese: :isidro: :schierke: :magni:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I'd stick to the volume covers myself. I think volumes 19, 27 or 28 are perfect for your needs.

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
Walter said:
I'd stick to the volume covers myself. I think volumes 19, 27 or 28 are perfect for your needs.
I've tried a few volume covers. 27 or 28 would rule. The thing is, I seem to be having trouble cropping them so there's no text and all the key features of the art are present. I know there's a few "textless" versions of the cover art, but I'm having trouble finding them. I'm not sure where the "to go" places to get Berserk art are other than Google image search.

You're gonna have to look at this thing quite often. So it's very important that you pick a picture that you really like and that fits with the size restriction.

Personally I'm not one for pictures, At most I'd have a decent sized brand in crimson with a black background throughout. Or maybe with a dark gray to black gradual design underneath so it's not quite as plain.
What would be really cool is if it was one of those rubber cases, and the brand was made with the material they use for mood pens/rings, Thermochromism material. When you touch your phone the brand slowly reacts to the heat from your palm and turns fresh blood red from a more dark crimson or whatever dormant color you like. Black would probably be the best, then the brand can "bleed" out as it slowly turns red. :carcus:

Then again.. I prefer plain phones myself.

Gobolatula said:
I've tried a few volume covers. 27 or 28 would rule. The thing is, I seem to be having trouble cropping them so there's no text and all the key features of the art are present. I know there's a few "textless" versions of the cover art, but I'm having trouble finding them. I'm not sure where the "to go" places to get Berserk art are other than Google image search.

Gob, have you tried typing "Berserk Chronicles" into a search engine? They have a treasure trove of Berserk-related images! :badbone:

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
Madam President said:
Gob, have you tried typing "Berserk Chronicles" into a search engine? They have a treasure trove of Berserk-related images! :badbone:
So far, they've got the best official color art! Unfortunately, there's that pesky watermark.

EDIT:
Here's my latest attempt. I'm actually kinda happy with this one. Thing is, I have this picture tattooed on my arm and I kinda see it all the time.
berserkiphone1.jpg

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Gobolatula said:
Thing is, I have this picture tattooed on my arm and I kinda see it all the time.

Yeah, I would have suggested that same picture but for the same reason.

I think that a cover is still gonna be your best choice, or a poster that has a really centralized layout. Something asymmetrical might look a little odd. The cover of volume 19 would work well for this! :ubik:

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
Check out this gallery:

http://www.animepaper.net/gallery/pictures/anime/berserk

It's chock full of high quality berserk scans. I have a lot of "papers" (used to download scans) so let me know if you find an image you like and I'll download the high res for you.

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
Aphasia said:
Check out this gallery:

http://www.animepaper.net/gallery/pictures/anime/berserk

It's chock full of high quality berserk scans. I have a lot of "papers" (used to download scans) so let me know if you find an image you like and I'll download the high res for you.
Whoa thanks! Nice link!

I was also considering an image straight from the manga, but I'm still leaning towards color. The thing is, there are all those great fold-out mini posters that come in the manga, but every scan I see has that little crease in the paper. I hope I don't sound too nitpicky.

Grail said:
Yeah, I would have suggested that same picture but for the same reason.

I think that a cover is still gonna be your best choice, or a poster that has a really centralized layout. Something asymmetrical might look a little odd. The cover of volume 19 would work well for this! :ubik:
Thing is, I feel very particular to Berserker Armor Guts. As much as 19 is one of the raddest looking covers, I think Berserker Armor Guts spoiled me. . .

Anyway, I just made this one:
berserkiphone2.jpg

Cool idea! Out of the 3 covers you posted, I personally like the 3rd one, the color comes out richer than the 2nd one. Wait, you just posted more. Yep, that looks awesome!

turkitage

ターク
Yeah, this is pretty neat Gobby. Hopefully it turns out as you expected. Excellent choice about the Volume 28 cover. One of my favorites! (though, I like that first picture you posted a lot too!)

As you can tell by my avatar I love this one the best. I unprofessionally colored the eyes and made adjusted the over all coloring to make darks darker whites whiter. More then welcome to use that if ya want.

Picture of it on my cell
5449403635_6dfe716b8b.jpg

Otherwise look forward to seeing pictures of that on your cell phone case.

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
So just so you know, this is a special Valentine's Day gift from my grailfriend (ahem)... I'm super happy with how the volume 28 phone case looks. And according to her, it's on its way! I shall take pics once I get it in my hands.

I'm so tempted to make like 80 of these and alternate between them day to day, since it was so hard to choose.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Aazealh said:
Wassup buddy!

Omnia7.jpg

I actually have the same pic on my Ipod Touch.

Gobolatula said:
I'm so tempted to make like 80 of these and alternate between them day to day, since it was so hard to choose.

if they are affordable and of good quality it would be a good idea to have at least 2 or 3 of them if you like to change the covers often.

Man, I tried to do one last night, but was in such a big dilemma on what picture to use and I landed up liking all of em for my BB Bold 9700. Unfortunately, I fell asleep sitting with my laptop on my lap. I don't know how you did it Gobolatula, self-restraint for the win!

Top Bottom