Griffith's Heir

One of the fundamental aspects of an aristocratic bloodline is producing and heir In Griffith's case he more than likely has no need or desire for one but I wonder if the people of Windham not to mention princess Charlotte would expect him to father a child though I suppose after revealing that he can command an army of demons the possibility of people accepting him as an "immortal" king might not be too far fetched

though if he did father a child I wonder if Gut's son could use that opportunity to be reborn to the world

also while I was pondering all this I could not help but think of the possibility of him having already fathered a potential heir with Charlotte since after the events that followed him sleeping with her she reportedly isolated herself trusting no one but Anna
So I guess I could suggest the possibility of her giving birth and Anna smuggling the child out of the castle possibly leaving it with her parents

I know this will probably not happen in the actual story if it were a possibility some implicit hints would probably have been given but I personally find it fun to contemplate
any thoughts

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
puppet12ca said:
One of the fundamental aspects of an aristocratic bloodline is producing and heir In Griffith's case he more than likely has no need or desire for one but I wonder if the people of Windham not to mention princess Charlotte would expect him to father a child though I suppose after revealing that he can command an army of demons the possibility of people accepting him as an "immortal" king might not be too far fetched

For Charlotte's side of things it makes sense, but as you point out Griffith is literally an immortal king, and in human terms not of aristocratic blood. It also begs the question why he would want some snotty son of a god prince with nebulous powers running around with a more legitimate claim to the throne than himself... other than he is a god and probably doesn't care. :femto:

I love this, it's all very Roman Empire. Divi Griffith filius!

puppet12ca said:
though if he did father a child I wonder if Guts son could use that opportunity to be reborn to the world

That's interesting, though perhaps unnecessary.

puppet12ca said:
also while I was pondering all this I could not help but think of the possibility of him having already fathered a potential heir with Charlotte since after the events that followed him sleeping with her she reportedly isolated herself trusting no one but Anna

Yeah, fun to contemplate, but as you said that's too big a secret to keep without a whisper getting out, and I'd like to think Griffith was a brilliant enough strategist to, ahem, pull out. :griffnotevil:

I think Griffith will eventually father a child(ren) of his own, down the future. That dream/hallucination which Griffith had back in volume 12 reveals how much he'd wished to eventually settle down and become a family man, although it's unknown whether or not he still feels that way now. But one thing is for certain: after having gone through so much hardships and pain to get to where he is at now, there is no way in hell a guy like Griffith would want the power and status that he'd attained to be passed down after him to someone who is not of his blood. Obviously, in order to make his legacy last, he knows that he must create a new branch of the Royal Family Tree with Charlotte. So yes, I firmly believe there will be Griffith Jr.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
BayJumper said:
I think Griffith will eventually father a child(ren) of his own, down the future.
You think that's even possible, with Griffith being what he is? Ya know, NOT human and all?

That dream/hallucination which Griffith had back in volume 12 reveals how much he'd wished to eventually settle down and become a family man, although it's unknown whether or not he still feels that way now.
That wasn't a dream, it was more like a nightmare vision. Griffith didn't want to be trapped in a life like that -- the "ruins of a dream."

But one thing is for certain: after having gone through so much hardships and pain to get to where he is at now, there is no way in hell a guy like Griffith would want the power and status that he'd attained to be passed down after him to someone who is not of his blood. Obviously, in order to make his legacy last, he knows that he must create a new branch of the Royal Family Tree with Charlotte. So yes, I firmly believe there will be Griffith Jr.
Wow! This is so wrong and presumptuous that I've scratched through it out of consideration for future readers. I don't even know where to begin, but none of what you just said can be backed up in the series.

Griffith isn't human, so stop thinking of him as just another ruler. He's a demigod that can manipulate space and time. He doesn't necessarily have to worry about the same physical limitations that human kings do, like passing on an heir. There's not even any indication that he cares about leaving a legacy. For all we know, transforming the world and ruling a kingdom himself was enough for him. All we know of Griffith is that he wanted to realize his role in the world, and of course to rule a kingdom. That's as far as we get into his motivations, so please stop presuming stuff and claiming any "certainty" at all on this subject.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Walter said:
You think that's even possible, with Griffith being what he is? Ya know, NOT human and all?

Sure, it's a much bigger assumption to think it's not possible, and Femto's plumbing seemed more than functional at the Eclipse. I'm not saying it's relevant going forward, but I wouldn't assume, unless noted, that a basic biological function like reproduction is beyond Griffith's godly power anymore than digestion (maybe those sweet cakes just drop into the abyss when he eats them =).

Walter said:
For all we know, transforming the world and ruling a kingdom himself was enough for him.

Yeah, it's precarious to think of Griffith's new world order by the standards of the old one. Worst case scenario: nobody is going to be having any heirs. :zodd:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Griffith said:
Sure, it's a much bigger assumption to think it's not possible, and Femto's plumbing seemed more than functional at the Eclipse. I'm not saying it's relevant going forward, but I wouldn't assume, unless noted, that a basic biological function like reproduction is beyond Griffith's godly power anymore than digestion.
I don't know it's NOT possible, which is why I worded that as a question. I personally find it unlikely that a) it'd be possible b) Miura will "go there."

N

Nyarlathotep

Okay I'm gonna drop a mind bomb on you here.

The Midland royal family is supposedly directly descendant from Gaiseric. Griffith's body presumably contains Femto brand evil-altered DNA from Guts. This would mean that the child Charlotte gave birth to would be related to a thousand year old apostle-slaying suit of armor known as Skully, Demon King and messiah Femto/Griffith, as well as the baddest human to ever walk the earth, Guts.

If that child doesn't punch an exit through Charlotte's stomach and turn Falconia into a giant playpen complete with apostle stuffed toys I will feel a bit ripped off.

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
Nyarlathotep said:
Okay I'm gonna drop a mind bomb on you here.

The Midland royal family is supposedly directly descendant from Gaiseric. Griffith's body presumably contains Femto brand evil-altered DNA from Guts. This would mean that the child Charlotte gave birth to would be related to a thousand year old apostle-slaying suit of armor known as Skully, Demon King and messiah Femto/Griffith, as well as the baddest human to ever walk the earth, Guts.

If that child doesn't punch an exit through Charlotte's stomach and turn Falconia into a giant playpen complete with apostle stuffed toys I will feel a bit ripped off.
If it's even possible for Griffith to get Charlotte pregnant, imagine her dying during child birth. That'd be fucked up. And Anna would be sad.

Truder

"I frown at Griffith's nipples" -Aazealh
Did anyone ever think that Guts was able to impregnate Casca on his first go, and Griffith was not able to get Charlotte pregnant on his first go? I've always found that funny.

atta boy Guts. . atta boy. :guts:

Truder said:
Did anyone ever think that Guts was able to impregnate Casca on his first go, and Griffith was not able to get Charlotte pregnant on his first go? I've always found that funny.

That's probably because Charlotte wasn't ovulating when she slept with Griffith :void:
So... a case of bad timing between them, perhaps?
And besides, if Charlotte had gotten knocked up with Griffith's baby at the time the King of Midland was still alive, I can't imagine what even worse reaction he would've had. I'm guessing that horrified facial expression that the king had when he saw the post-deflowering bloodstains on Charlotte's bed, it would've been nothing in comparison if he were to have seen his daughter's belly growing after a few months :magni:

BiQ_

" ... "
I think the heir (or lack of) thing will only punctuate some kind slow realization/disillusionment for Midland's people, if there's going to be anything about it. A new heir! Celebrations! Let the nation see the new prince! ...*demon-child v2*.

Or it won't happen and Charlotte will feel inadequate. And breed rebellion. Or Griffith, being a demigod, is completely above of such base desires and will leave Charlotte neglected just because he doesn't care. Which, of course, will make her feel inadequate. And breed rebellion.

Truder

"I frown at Griffith's nipples" -Aazealh
BiQ-- said:
Or it won't happen and Charlotte will feel inadequate. And breed rebellion. Or Griffith, being a demigod, is completely above of such base desires and will leave Charlotte neglected just because he doesn't care. Which, of course, will make her feel inadequate. And breed rebellion.
i can agree with this statement,

i too think that Charlotte will probably be kept in her room at all times.

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
BiQ-- said:
I think the heir (or lack of) thing will only punctuate some kind slow realization/disillusionment for Midland's people, if there's going to be anything about it. A new heir! Celebrations! Let the nation see the new prince! ...*demon-child v2*.

I think for the time being people are too enamored with their new king to be thinking about an heir to the throne. The new kingdom has only just begun and we have no idea where Miura is going with it. Though I would be surprised if Griffith ever has an heir.

Truder said:
i can agree with this statement,

i too think that Charlotte will probably be kept in her room at all times.

What would Griffith accomplish by pulling a Ganishka? I don't see what he would gain from such behavior.

I don't recall seeing a family or a child as the brightest thing in Griffith's vision when he sacrificed the hawks. Having an heir is not a part of his dream. Besides, Griffith is basically a god now. He has no need for an heir when aging and growing old doesn't apply to him.

I think this entire topic is useless, the people of midland are more likely to be thinking about just what Griffith and his Hawks are than to think about Griffith having an heir. It's simply not important when the focus is on a new god-like ruler or a messianic savior.

O

Overlord Morgus

Short term plan: Getting affairs in order.

Long term plan: Turning Earth into an inhuman hell.

Neither really requires him to have a kid. And generally speaking, if Griffith doesn't have to do something, he just doesn't do it, whether he's human or God Hand.

Top Bottom