Episode 215

Title - Darkness(Qliphoth)

As Scherkie is being thanked by the villagers, she explains to them that it was the four kings and the water elemental that saved them. Before, there used to be a shrine made to worship the water elemental, but when the church was built, the elemental had been long forgotten about. And because the water elemental was awakened suddenly, she had brought the flood. Shcerkie asks the priest if something could be built to honor/worship the water elemental, and the priest accepts this.
Ishidoro can be seen sitting down near them. Morgan also sits down beside Ishidoro. Ishidoro does not like the fact that he couldn't do anything at all.
Morgan then gives Ishidoro a sword that was passed down to him by his father. Ishidoro accepts the sword and Morgan begins to explain why he was lost in the woods when he was a child. He explained that he wanted to get away from his village, his family, his mothers sickness, etc.
"Dreams are an interesting thing. It can be a courageous  challenge or it can also be running away from everything."
Morgan then asks Ishidoro which one he is, and Ishidoro responds by telling him that he'll prove it and leaves towards Gutz.
Serpico tells Gutz to leave without him since his wounds arent' fatal but he still can't move much. Gutz hearing this, leaves with Scherkie and Ishidoro. The groups moves with Scherkie in the lead following the trails of Caska and Farnzee. She explains that they are unconscious but no harm has been done to the two.
As they walk further into the woods, the area becomes more and more darker and different. Scherkie then explains that they are in the world of Kakuryo(astral i think) and that they are in the territory of darkness(qliphoth).
She explains that each layer/area of the kakuryo has its own atmosphere, and that many different creatures have gathered here. The kakuryo has a tendency of gathering creatures with the same kind of od together and that the Qliphoth is a place where creatures with dark souls/od gather together. She explains that this sort of thing shouldn't be happenning. Creatures like trolls and fairies are being seen by people as if they have a physical body and that the world will change if these creatures live in the real world. She then says that the change has already begun along with appearance of another individual...

end of chapter

It seems like the trolls aren't he main motive for this arc. :D

Most likely, the astral part that Flora and them live will be called Sephiroth. Just my guess tho.........

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Re:215

Thanks for the badass summary.

Saiki said:
Most likely, the astral part that Flora and them live will be called Sephiroth. Just my guess tho.........
Sephiroth.jpg

?​
HAR! HAR! I MISUDERSTOOD YOUR MEANING AND AM AN RPG NERD! FUNNEY JOEK!

Guillaume said:
things are moving ... but i wonder how/what Serpico will do next about the band ...?
Serpico's gonna start playing some jazz you think while Guts fights the trolls? Seriously though, I don't think Serpico's going to be doing shit about "the band of the Guts." He realised that Guts has changed Farnese for the better, even taking the extra step of admitting to himself that its' something he couldn't have done. As a matter of fact, didn't he actually say he changed his mind about stopping the journey? Farnese would have to end up in a bad way for Serpico to confront Guts (read as 'commit suicide') at this point. Anyway, who gives a shit? I want to see what's inside the darkness of Sephiroth!

sephiroth.jpg

"Git out my cratar you krazy kids!"​

-Griffith

argon

I love Gatts Fury

Thank you very much for your summary !
I can't wait to see what will happen in the next chapter...maybe some terrible fights in the darkness of the forest...

I'm pretty sure Olivier can give a better explanation but I'll write what I know about it.
The Sephiroth are the Divine Emanations, said to have sprung from the right hand side of the throne of God. There are ten of these holy stations, usually depicted as spheres on a glyph called the Tree of Life.
The Sephiroth are: Kether (meaning Crown), Chokmah (Wisdom), Binah (Understanding), Chesed (Mercy), Geburah (Severity), Tiphereth (Redeemer), Netzach (Victory), Hod (Majesty), Yesod (Foundation), and Malkuth (Kingdom).

The Qliphoth are the Unholy Emanations issuing from the left hand side. Instead of spheres, they are called shells and are often placed upon a tree of their own.
The Qlipoth are: Lilith, Gamaliel, Oreb, Zaraq, Sammael, Thagirion, Gasheklah, Golachab, Ghagiel, Satariel, and Thaumiel.

The Qlipoth are accessed through the sephira of Daath, the realm of the arch-demon Choronzon, the Demon of Dispersion. Daath leads to the reverse side of the Tree of Life, where each sephira has a corresponding disorder or disease.

although I may be completely wrong again..............

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

Just so as not to confuse anyone, this is all from kabbalism. I remember when I did research on Sephiroth when FF7 came out, I was thoroughly confused about what the hell it all was... I had to find out from Pynchon's Gravity's Rainbow . . . ugh. . .

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness

And the God-hand and Idea where do they stand in this? The Qlipoth seems to be the more likely place for them. One of the untranslated name of the Qlipoth could be Idea?

Saiki said:
Title - Darkness(Qliphoth)

I thought Sephiroth was just a joke. Now I am feeling very uninformed. I should've done my research way back when FF7 came out.
Oh well thanks for the summary and the brief explanation of sephiroth.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

CnC said:
griffith's back now the barriers between the worlds are breakin'
This is all old news, its just now being reaffirmed. Sonia says it at the end of 185 (I think... maybe 186?): "The world is beginning to change"

MarkedSwordsman

Am I cool or what?

Wow, this makes me happy. Firstly, the manga is going somewhere. I'm not too keen on the specifics so I thought one plausible way for the manga to go would be Griffith would take over Midland, everyone would be happy and then Guts would be singled out. That's not really plausible anymore, and from Walter's post, I guess this is already known but I just wasn't paying attention.

I'm wondering if the same thing happened 1000 years ago, with barriers between worlds breaking and whatnot. I think maybe this whole god hand and rebirth things are a cycle and Gattsu may be the one to break the cycle at the end of Berserk.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

namayias said:
I'm wondering if the same thing happened 1000 years ago, with barriers between worlds breaking and whatnot. I think maybe this whole god hand and rebirth things are a cycle and Gattsu may be the one to break the cycle at the end of Berserk.
yeah, it all fits in with the "leaked explanation" of what happened 1000 years ago.

Lliugusamui

around the corner

hey dont hate it puella ; )
tahnk yuo very much
i dont know a thing about this qliphoth but it sounds quite interesting, too i dont get the point : what does griffith has to do with it, does schierke says that grow of astrals worlds are of the cause of griff's rebirth ?.

P

psymont

argon said:
thank you puelle, you are simply the best :)

better than all the rest
better than anyone
anyone ive ever met
youre simply the best
-tina turner-

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew

Once again, Puells rules!

That was cool, the Isidro/Morgon thing came full circle. I also liked seeing all the Berserk spookies we normally only get to see on the end of the Dragon Slayer in their natural habitat (plus, there was a Mr. Saturn =). Also, anyone else think it's cool that Miura has basically scientifically explained "atmosphere" that's been used in the story (quick example, the Apostle forest in 184). ;D

-Griffith

puella

Berserk forever

Walter said:
The Schnoz is my new favorite character in Berserk. I need to add him to the FAQ.
schnoz.jpg

This little monster is called "Chimimoryo" in Japanese. I can't find proper English for that.
Anyway, he's Chimimoryo.
"-moryo " comes last relating to some little monsters.
For example, there was another name "Rumimoryo" that Schierke once said in the manga.

Guillaume said:
hey dont hate it puella ; )
what does griffith has to do with it, does schierke says that grow of astrals worlds are of the cause of griff's rebirth ?.

As the summary says, she says that the change has already begun along with appearance of another individual. But so naturally she doesn't actually refer to the name of Griffith.

Top Bottom