The "I just bought" thread

Yep yep, post away and discuss ^_^

Last week our office's vacuum cleaner broke down (must've been 7-8 years old) and I scouted the interwebz for a new commercial one. Found one off Best Buy, and decided to pick one up for myself as well. One link after the other I got to Dyson's site and fell in love with the DC35, picked it up and it was delivered this evening.

IMG00013-20110221-1738-1.jpg

Two speeds, regular and Max. Cordless. Lithium battery charged. Runs for 15 minutes on regular speed and 7-8 minutes on Max. The sound Max speed makes is <3. The last vacuum cleaner I bought was 4ish years ago, a standard Dirt Devil which kinda lost it's way recently, poor fella. I'll keep her as backup.

turkitage

ターク
Gobolatula said:
Congrats in advance on your 500th post.

Agreed, in such a short time too: IncantatioN - Date Registered: July 09, 2010, 12:31:49 PM

Aphasia said:
I'm afraid you were swindled. That is no vacuum cleaner. That is a plasma cutter.

Truder said:
I'm afraid you are both wrong.
He stole Links Hookshot.

hah, awesome. Though, looks like it could be a powerful sex toy
Hmm, the link is broke or it's too inappropriate to link.. wonder which?

Aphasia and Truder - that's pretty awesome hahaha!! I kinda wish it could do that now (damn!) ... *sigh* oh well, it'd be awesome if I could use it on the street/ subway though to suck in all the pretty women I spot ... they'd fly/ get dragged and get to wherever I'm at ... I think I can take it from there and hopefully not get maced/ slapped/ punched/ killed :carcus:

Ty for the 'grats on the 500th post ^_^, I guess I ... ermmm ... talk a lot :schierke:

Revi here (named her Revi because the switch from Regular to Max speed sounds like you 'rev'ved your automobile engine and cos she's a badass) can do a bunch of things. She came with a few more attachments, and I think there are some more available online, I'd have to check Dyson's site for it, though I wouldn't need the extra ones for my kind of use. Here's another snapshot of what the box came with, Revi here is getting charged by the way. The charger she sits on is wall-mountable, plan to do that in my closet (maybe).

IMG_6141.jpg

Check this out Gobolatula - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PAlewlJkm0

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
That is a nifty Vacuum cleaner. I think I would take Link's hookshot over a Plasma cutter. Yep.

I bought this...thing. It's a speaker set for my TV.

41aLbnf0fkL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
I bought an iPhone 3G last week against my will. My Samsung Impression's (a terrible phone if I may say so) touch screen decided to stop working after just over a year of ownership, so I had to get a new phone before my 2 year contract expired.

On the plus side, I really like it so far and don't mind that it isn't the latest model. I can check and post on SkullKnight.net on the bus ride to and from work now, which is pretty cool. :serpico:

Aphasia

Rhombaad said:
I bought an iPhone 3G last week against my will. My Samsung Impression's (a terrible phone if I may say so) touch screen decided to stop working after just over a year of ownership, so I had to get a new phone before my 2 year contract expired.

On the plus side, I really like it so far and don't mind that it isn't the latest model. I can check and post on SkullKnight.net on the bus ride to and from work now, which is pretty cool. :serpico:

They twisted your arm until you bought an Iphone? That's terrible! :azan:

Don't forget about the huge library of time wasters too! Game dev story, Jelly car, tiny wings, lil pirates, Rolando, Death worm, Field runners etc etc. What else do you get a smart phone for? Increased productivity? Yeahhhhh. :slan:

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Actually, it was the cheapest smart phone they had at the time. They have a deal where you can get a 3G iPhone for $50.00 plus the upgrade fee of $18.00 I had to pay because my contract had expired. The "against my will" part of my post above was more in reference to the fact that I didn't want a new phone period, but since my old one didn't work anymore...didn't really have a choice. Oh well, if my cell phone breaking down is the most stressful part of my week, I think my life is going pretty well.

What brand is that, Aphasia?

I think it's a pretty good deal to get a phone with the features of the iPhone 3G for just $50, but I think they'll make their money on the data plan (revised prices). I know AT&T's coverage is dismal in NYC at least, dissuaded me initially to get an iPhone, but with the phone coming to Verizon, I may switch over from T-Mobile. Then again, I don't need it!

Surfing SK.Net on the phone is badass :SK:

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
igotprotools.jpg

So I bought a whole pile of manga, most of which is re-bought Berserk. I lent a bunch of volumes to a "friend" and don't expect to get them back. Oh well. More money for my local comic guy.

I also got a new MIDI keyboard and Pro Tools so I can do classy stuff like this:
http://www.erikthejuiceman.com/igotprotools.mp3

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Gobolatula said:
http://www.erikthejuiceman.com/igotprotools.jpg

I also got a new MIDI keyboard and Pro Tools so I can do classy stuff like this:
:ganishka: Midi Keyboards are not to be underestimated :void:

Aphasia

IncantatioN said:
What brand is that, Aphasia?

They're logitech speakers, you can find them on amazon for a hundred bucks. It's just a simple 2.1 system, but the subwoofer gives a nice kick. If you're looking for a nice speaker system on a budget it fits the bill.

Intron-Depot-1.jpg

I got 1-4. I've been a fan more than 10 years of this artist Shirow Masamune. It wasn't until I wanted to buy a poster of his work that came across these book! Haven't gotten them yet, they're in the mail!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Gobolatula said:

Full of promise. :slan:

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Gobolatula said:

I've been listening to this on repeat. :ganishka:

Aphasia

gLt64.jpg

I love the Guilty Gear series, so this was a must have when I saw it. Alter does such great work, and Dizzy was one of my mains. Should be getting her in the mail soon.

Saephon

Die young and save yourself
I have never played nor known anything about Guilty Gear, but I've always found that character extremely attractive. That is all. :schnoz:

turkitage

ターク
Aphasia said:
I love the Guilty Gear series, so this was a must have when I saw it. Alter does such great work, and Dizzy was one of my mains. Should be getting her in the mail soon.

omg! you got that?? Congrats! Yeah, I love that Dizzy statue. I remember it being pretty expensive and never bought it at the time. But, I guess we are used to buying expensive statues, no?

turkitage

ターク
I've been wanting a nice digital piano for a while now. I barely know how to play one but I am pretty good at musical instruments in general as I play guitar, bass, drums..etc. I plan on practicing a lot and feel I'll enjoy it.

So, I finally bought a pretty decent one after a lot of researching and a trip to a local Sam Ash store: Korg LP-350

5691477953_e5577978fc_b.jpg

As you can tell it's very slim and contemporary.
5692049286_525b30d4bd_b.jpg

Also, yup, that's volume 34 on the ground. I wouldn't technically say I just bought it since Branded had an extra one and shipped this one to me but I felt it was worth mentioning.
Thanks so much Branded!!!

Aphasia

Wow, that looks slick, almost like a piece of furniture when folded up.

How much are you getting paid by Dark Horse to advertise their comic books?

Good stuff Turkitage :ubik:! That looks pretty neat, and sweet of Branded to send you his extra copy of that volume ^_^. We only need a picture of you playing it :guts:

X

Xem

Tickets for

logo.jpg

Join conductor Arnie Roth, with composer Nobuo Uematsu, and the magnificent Atlanta Symphony Orchestra for two unforgettable performances! May 6th and 7th, 2011! Each program will feature beloved Final Fantasy classics, as well new music from Final Fantasy XIII and Final Fantasy XIV.

The program includes FF VI: Opera "Maria and Draco", FFVIII: Liberi Fatali, FFX: To Zanarkand, FFXI: Memoro de la Stono - Distant Worlds, and so much more!

Meet composer Nobuo Uematsu and conductor Arnie Roth after the FINAL FANTASY concert in an exclusive signing event!

I won't be meeting Uematsu or getting an autograph sadly, but I'm sitting in good seats. Color me excited! :ubik:

Top Bottom