The "I just bought" thread

Few weeks ago I picked up a bicycle, goofed around a bit with it and felt like it wasn't the right size. I went through the dealer's book and ordered this instead. It was delivered to the store today and I picked it up after work. I'll slowly build on accessories like a helmet, lights on the wheel/ wheel frame, bottle/ bottle holder and such ... I have till Summer for it. Also on it's way is a Kinetic trainer that I can set up on this one ... there was an all black, but I settled for this sporty look. Front and Back gears, shock absorbers in the front, disc brakes. I had no clue bicycles were that expensive here ... seriously :puck:

20120105_191754.jpg

20120105_191925.jpg

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
IncantatioN said:
I had no clue bicycles were that expensive here ... seriously :puck:

[

A good long lasting bike is expensive, but if you just wanted one to cruise around and not care about the quality, you could have gone to a retail store and got one there for less than $200.

Aaah, I see I see. I wanted something for the long run so this is probably a fair purchase then ^_^. It's nice outside, wish I had a helmet >_<' ... I'm currently doing some research on bike trails in/ around NYC and the rules for where/ where not I should be on the road.

I have a TV in my bedroom and I was looking for a way of watching movies recorded in the DVR I have in the living room (or the blu-ray player) without having to move the equipment or having to run cables and I ended up buying this:

http://www.zinwell.com.tw/dig_detail.php?productsid=406

It works like a charm and I'm really happy with my purchase. At first I was a bit hesitant as the manufacturer's website is not all that good but the equipment works perfectly fine.

A similar product I considered is this one (their site is a lot more informative):

http://www.hdflow.com/

I ended up buying the one I did just because I was able to go to a store close to where I live to get it.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
m said:
I have a TV in my bedroom and I was looking for a way of watching movies recorded in the DVR I have in the living room (or the blu-ray player) without having to move the equipment or having to run cables and I ended up buying this:

It works like a charm and I'm really happy with my purchase. At first I was a bit hesitant as the manufacturer's website is not all that good but the equipment works perfectly fine.

How much was it, if you don't mind my asking?

Aazealh said:
How much was it, if you don't mind my asking?

I don't mind at all. :serpico: It was about 200€, which I believe is slightly cheaper than the hdflow. It was definitely not cheap but it solved the problem I had perfectly, and that makes it worth its price in my book.

By the way, I'm lead to believe that the actual technology inside the device is provided by a company called Amimon, and it seems to me that the same technology is being used by big name brands like Philips and Sony (http://www.amimon.com/Customers-Products), which was another reason my initial doubts about the problem were overcome.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks. It definitely is an elegant solution (I just ran a cable on the wall myself). Good to know the product is out there.

Past 3 times I bid on the oriignal 5 track EP on vinyl (1 song is an Intro), I've always been outbid at the last minute ... now the album's been re-issued with bonus live tracks, so I gladly picked it up. I'm not big on re-issues unless it's done right or from the band/ source itself, which was the case with this one. On the down-side, I don't own the original which would cost me $140.00 but I own the re-issue at about half the price. Just came in the mail ...

download-3.jpg

turkitage

ターク
m said:

Cool. This does seems really neat and would have solved my problem a while ago. I ended up running cat6 cable to my rooms that have TV which was so much of a hassle.

I wanted a small tablet for reading as using my laptop definitely works, but not as comfortable. So, I bought a Nexus 7 and so far I really like it. It's real slick. I've never owned an android device so I figure I would go for it since I wanted a light weight reader. I was tempted to wait for the Microsoft surface but the higher end model (which is what I would get) is more of a laptop/tablet and a little too big for what I was wanting now. I haven't played much with this yet, but Google gives you $25 to their google play store so I'm trying to think of apps I would really want before I spend it.

Haven't bought myself anything particular in a long time but saved up little by little for either a pair of earphones or a table tennis racket I wanted to build better suited to my game. My old on-ear's died on me last September and I was using crummy $15 earphones but then the cord snapped in Jan, so I took a month off music. Took the plunge for a pair of VSonic GR07's, they got delivered yesterday. So far they're taking getting used to because of the ear-piece thingie (that I might ditch) and I like how they came with extra buds (different sizes and types)

UHcd5pU.jpg

Johnstantine said:
you bought Ground Zeroes for both systems?

Prepare to be disappointed twice.

I was very familiar with the length and everything else about the game before I bought it... and I'm not disappointed (shouldn't this be obvious for anyone hardcore enough to buy both versions?) Metal Gear is my favorite franchise and I always do everything there is to do in every installment. What can I say, I enjoy it. I've already put plenty of time into both versions and still have more to do. If I bought this solely for the story of the main missions then, yeah, I'd be disappointed. Fortunately for me, however, I'm not an idiot.

Picked up the limited edition of inFAMOUS: Second Son today. This is probably the most fun I've had on my PS4 yet, and I've had some good fun. The vibrant color and refections in this game are both really impressive. I'd be blown away if those puddles splashed when I ran through 'em, though.

Top Bottom