Vagabond art on your electronics ...

Last week when I saw Gob's topic on a Berserk skin, I wanted to get one made too ... I couldn't hold back on the urge to get a Vagabond one done for my phone. The decals came in this evening and ...

IMG_6160.jpg

IMG_6178.jpg

You can't see much of the front in terms of detail, but it's SO awesome! I'm so glad with the way it turned out. Here's another picture without the flash ...

IMG_6164.jpg

I had so many pictures to make it with but shut my mind and settled for these two. I'm sure I missed out on a lot of better ideas, but I'll settle for this ^_^ *coughfornowcough*

turkitage

ターク
dude, that's really cool!!! I LOVE the front how you put the background of his face to match it PERFECTLY!!

Guess you'll never want to change the background on that phone, eh? I don't know what other cases you had in mind but that one is surely awesome. Congrats!

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
IncantatioN said:

Holy shit, you win dude! :isidro: Two of my favorite Musashi images too. :badbone:

Also, I just had deja vu while staring at the matching lines; so, to add to the legend your awesome phone literally came to me in a vision.

Turkitage said:
dude, that's really cool!!! I LOVE the front how you put the background of his face to match it PERFECTLY!!
*gushes* Yeah right?! I know! *does a Matahachi*
Turkitage said:
Guess you'll never want to change the background on that phone, eh? I don't know what other cases you had in mind but that one is surely awesome. Congrats!
This was supposed to be a try-out to see what it comes out as and then I was thinking of making more. So I make it, place the order and when it comes it gets to me as a decal/ sticker. And I'm like wait a minute! I didn't read everything that was on the site cos I was too preoccupied being excited at the pictures and what it looked like hioehfwq'0etywghwghsdkghaw'segawegiawnegwaiEGAD! Here I was thinking I'll give my phone to my Mom when I visited her and get myself another one, but now I can't even do that haha.

Griffith said:
Holy shit, you win dude! :isidro: Two of my favorite Musashi images too. :badbone:

Also, I just had deja vu while staring at the matching lines; so, to add to the legend your awesome phone literally came to me in a vision.
Thanks maan! Coming from the Vagabond man himself, it surely means a lot *wipes his tears*

Walter said:
How do you make one of these things?
*slaps himself a couple of times to wipe off the Matahachi~ness out of him to become a humble :SK:*

I was at an electronics convention at the Jacob Javits center in the city during my first year here and they have this booth for decals for laptops. I thought it was cool but not cool enough to experiment on the first ever laptop I bought a mere 3 months prior to the convention. So I had the card stuck on my fridge cos it looked all pretty. When I saw Gob's topic, I ran to the site on the card and hoped they were still doing business and they were!

So, this's them - http://www.gelaskins.com/

Turk and Griffith, the wallpaper looks cool where it matches what's on the outer side of the decal (like in my phone, his hair lines match perfectly right?) is because when you put the image on top of the phone, you have the option of getting this product with the wallpaper sent to you on email/ text. All you have to do is save it on your phone and set it as wallpaper. When the decal arrives, if you stick it on correctly, it'll look as ONE, which's something I tried to achieve with my phone. I picked this specific image of Musashi's because first of all, the brush strokes to depict what he's wearing is SO awesome and his hair feels alive, plus his expression is so good ... and in short, to have it gel like that makes perfect sense. So yeah ... I love the serenity in Musashi's expression and the brush strokes on the back image, which's why I picked that. As I indicated earlier, I was just going to try it out at first, so I didn't consciously want the front and back to match. I'd have loved to have the front with Kojiro and his sword, appearing to face Musashi and his sword which would be my back image (the double page spread when the two meet on the battlefield of S with Ittosai). Or other options like the O symbol hand-written by the Yagyu on the back and the old man's face on the front, where you can only see half of his face. Heck, with Vagabond's art being so exquisite, it's so hard to pick just one design! *brain implode*

I did put the stickers properly though :guts: in perfect position for both the back and front.

Good stuff Griffith ... I wish I had that image! It would look really cool for my laptop's outer skin ... hmmmm but Vagabond's art is incredible enough to confuse me ... with what I really want.

Th3Branded0ne said:
I also have some vagabond art, but it's on my psp. I added a theme a while back, so this topic fits the part.
dscn1770bg.jpg
I need to learn how to do that! I'll try it on my Caanoo.

A bit off topic since I didn't want to start another topic on Vagabond merch, here's what the incredible Th3BrandedOne (take a bow Sir) helped me with ...

IMG_7027.jpg

Griffith

IncantatioN said:
Good stuff Griffith ... I wish I had that image! It would look really cool for my laptop's outer skin ... hmmmm but Vagabond's art is incredible enough to confuse me ... with what I really want.

Ask and ye shall receive: www.skullknight.net/griffith/kojiromusashi2.jpg

And if you can't decide you can always go for a theme: www.skullknight.net/griffith/kojiromusashi.jpg

IncantatioN said:
A bit off topic since I didn't want to start another topic on Vagabond merch
Don't worry about it, this section's not exactly flooded with new topics. :ganishka:

IncantatioN said:
here's what the incredible Th3BrandedOne (take a bow Sir) helped me with ...

http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee500/Piraancantation/IMG_7027-1.jpg

Very nice, go ahead and post the link to the bigger version.

Griffith said:
Very nice, go ahead and post the link to the bigger version.
Done, edited my post.

Thanks for the links! I'm gonna whip something up early next week ^_^. I was busy this weekend, last minute help given to a pal who needed to do his company's taxes, so I didn't have Sunday afternoon to do some Vaga~drawing *sigh*. Mid this week I'll be in the woods and I'm hoping it inspires me to draw!

Griffith

Nice man! Which book is that? I haven't kept up with the releases since I got mine but I assume it's the complete catalogue? Good work, that's basically the conclusion of Vagabond as we know it.

Thanks ^_^! It's the book which is all white on the outside, Catalogue numero uno, Inoueno Mikaduki. I went through just the first few pages before putting it down cos I .was traveling the next day. Just on my way home now heh (4 hours away sigh) but I will read it all sometime this coming week ^_^

I changed my phone back in October and waited for the site to update it's catalog to feature my phone. They updated it a week or 2 ago but I was disappointed in the end. For the front, they did not send me the wallpaper via email like before, so I had to manually edit it somehow on my phone and I suck at anything like that. Like, really suck at it. After 5 minutes I managed to do something right and set the wallpaper kinda correctly. I'll painfully give my BlackBerry with Musashi to my Mom.

Front
IMG_4139.jpg

Back
IMG_8398.jpg

I switched sides this time. My colleague took these pictures on her iPhone so it doesn't look sharp (color of the front for instance). Overall, I'm a happy puppy.

So a bit of an update on one of the posters I picked up last year. Because of it's breadth, it had to be custom framed which I saved up for ... Michaels was *cough* expensive :judo:. White frame hhhmmm ... it was a trap! This cute girl suggested I get white and I was like "Yeah ooohhhh DURRRR" >_>' ... thoughts?

FFF.jpg

FF.jpg

Top Bottom