Pointed ears

Oltobaz

Cancer no Deathmask
Does anybody know if Miura ever mentioned any kind of explanation regarding Gatsu and Griffith's pointed ears, or
are we supposed to stick with Elves theories forever??

Oltobaz

Cancer no Deathmask
Still...'can't help wondering if that means anything...It DOES
look elvish especially of course in the case of Griffith. I for one
don't think it implies anything else than a way to make Gatsu and Griffith look "special",branded by fate and so on compared
to other people, but I was wondering if somebody actually KNEW!!

T

temporary

Pointy ears represent misfortune or a hard life according to Chinese superstitions.

T

temporary

And besides, pointy ears are easier to draw than nice round, lobed ones ;)

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
There could be another explanation, one tied to Guts beast, and the fact that Guts is supposed to be berserker that is a bear or wolf man,( the ears seem a little wolfish) but like I said too many people had pointed ears in the first issues so until I have more evidence (that is probably never ;D) I will dismiss it.

P

psymont

maybe now that the worlds are crossing, even regular humans are taking on the forms of creatures of imagination(elves) .... i havent really noticed, but according to the timeline, has the ear pointy thing been a gradual occurance or was it there in the begining too?

IKAROW

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
roberto999 said:
There could be another explanation, one tied to Guts beast, and the fact that Guts is supposed to be berserker that is a bear or wolf man,( the ears seem a little wolfish) but like I said to many people had pointed ears in the first issues so until I have more evidence (that is probably never ;D) I will dismiss it.

I agree with Roberto999... Whatever is the meaning of the pointed ears, I think they work aesthetically, simply giving an wilder or more demoniac aspect to the characters (except pakk of course)...

Doa Viem

You were too soft...
God that picture of Zodds ass really bothers me! Damn it was bad enough looking at him in the manga but god!! :p

in my opinion i think thats just how he wanted to draw them,

to represent part of their personality,

unless it was part of thier being, like puck for example,

i think asking why do they have pointy ears in berserk, is like asking why do swords have pointy ends ;),

interesting to think of at first though,

hell, i could be wrong, they could have a meaning :-X,

oh well,

vee shall see 8)

- c

Top Bottom