[April Fools] Episode 319

Walter said:
Chapter, huh?

My bad, fixed it. Even after all these years, I sometimes mix up the Berserk terminology :serpico:

Truder said:
I kind of agree with you. I was hoping for a full fledged sea monster.

I might catch some flak over this, but I don't think I was the only one who was somewhat disappointed with how some parts of episode 303 looked. I'm sure there were quite few fans besides me who were eagerly waiting to see how Ganishka looked like when he was in his younger years or what the rest of his family members' appearance was, only to be treated to a collection of faces obscured by shadowy silhouettes.

But I'm not worried about 319. Not the least because it's become something of an unwritten rule within Berserk in the past 4-5 years: whenever Miura takes a 12+ week break, it's always because he's got something extraordinary and huge planned. The episodes with ten-thousand man army and Griffith's epic final confrontation with the metamorphosed Ganishka come to mind.
And besides, I kinda think that those surreal looking and abstract shaped sea monsters (being Sea God's tentacles that they are) that have been attacking Guts and Co. on and off since episode 309 are meant to be taken as a hint that when he's finally gonna be revealed, we should expect that the Sea God himself will look unlike anything that we've ever seen before, period. No Cthulhu or Loch Ness monster or anything else that jumps first to our imagination.

Truder

"I frown at Griffith's nipples" -Aazealh
BayJumper said:
I might catch some flak over this, but I don't (.) I was the only one who was somewhat disappointed with how some parts of episode 303 looked.
is there supoosed to be a period here?

BayJumper said:
We should expect that the Sea God himself will look unlike anything that we've ever seen before, period. No Cthulhu or Loch Ness monster or anything else that jumps first to our imagination.
Well, as long as it lives in the sea then that qualifies it a Sea Monster. :puck:
and the Loch ness monster looks no where near like the statue that the people worship looks like. plus the lochness monster lives in a Lake not an ocean.

Im just expecting it to look like the statue with a body attached to it, to be honest.

Truder said:

I'm quite surprised by this myself! I didn't think it was possible to dislike the way Miura handled that. The pages showing Ganishka's past are pure beauty.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Eluvei said:
I'm quite surprised by this myself! I didn't think it was possible to dislike the way Miura handled that. The pages showing Ganishka's past are pure beauty.

Yeah, that was cool and all, but I don't appreciate it because I expected Miura to pay that off in the most typical way possible: a thinner version of Ganishka with less wrinkles. I'm still really disappointed I wasn't treated to that, and I know a lot of people I can't name agree with me. Frankly, I found it a little offensive that the flashback was done in blackface or whatever.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
BayJumper said:
I might catch some flak over this, but I don't I was the only one who was somewhat disappointed with how some parts of episode 303 looked. I'm sure there were quite few fans besides me who were eagerly waiting to see how Ganishka looked like when he was in his younger years or what the rest of his family members' appearance was, only to be treated to a collection of faces obscured by shadowy silhouettes.

You can't be serious. Is this a late April Fools or something? Jesus...

BayJumper said:
Not the least because it's become something of an unwritten rule within Berserk in the past 4-5 years: whenever Miura takes a 12+ week break, it's always because he's got something extraordinary and huge planned.

These breaks come about regularly and aren't necessarily related to extraordinary things happening in Berserk, since extraordinary things have been happening ever since Berserk's inception.

Truder said:
I kind of agree with you. I was hoping for a full fledged sea monster.

Dude come on, don't underestimate the possibilities here. You have to believe! I bet you we'll get enough "sea monster" for a lifetime! :slan:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Th3Branded0ne said:
I wanna see Conrad's human form if he can transform just as Femto .
Don't forget, Femto was incarnated in a special way, whereas the other God Hand were effectively just let in through the back door. They might not be on equal ground, as a result.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Eluvei said:
The pages showing Ganishka's past are pure beauty.
This. Ganishka's flashback sequence was well done, it covered everything it needed to in a style (as far as I can tell) that he hasn't used before, to tell Ganishka's past.

Th3Branded0ne said:
I wanna see Conrad's human form if he can transform just as Femto .

I don't think we're going to see his human form like we have been seeing it with Griffith. If anything we're going to see it as part of a flashback sequence.

Aazealh said:
You can't be serious. Is this a late April Fools or something? Jesus...

Eh, somewhat. But don't get me wrong here. Overall, the shadow faces aside, I loved the episode 303 just like any other Berserk episodes.

Truder said:

No, there's not. I accidentally forgot to include a word when I wrote that :farnese:
Well, I "supoose" I should've checked for errors before posting :iva:

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Walter said:
I dunno, I'm starting to doubt this. What we're positing right now is that the Sea God that Guts is about to encounter in the cave will be Conrad. But is he the same being that, as Isma said, the merrows were able to seal away XXX years ago? That seems very strange to me, and it doesn't necessarily add up. The God Hand had no physical presence until the merging. For Conny to be terrorizing sea dwellers a few years/hundred years ago wouldn't make any sense to me.

Excellent point. It wouldn't make any sense if Conrad was the Sea God that was sealed away. Most likely what will happen is that he will show up either along the way or during the beginning of the battle with the Sea God. It does make sense that Conrad were to show up since he appears to be a water element.

Now, maybe the God Hand usurped certain positions of power in the astral world upon the merging. Maybe Conrad filled the void left by the Sea God, and that's how these two conflicting stories make sense together.
After what has been going on in the most recent episodes, I highly doubt that Conrad just took over the Sea Gods position. The Sea God is probably still going to be here, but now so will Conrad.

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
This. Ganishka's flashback sequence was well done, it covered everything it needed to in a style (as far as I can tell) that he hasn't used before, to tell Ganishka's past.
Actually in Volume 18 when Mozgus is telling Farnese about a holy woman who would help people despite their sickness, it used a similar style to portray her. I told Aaz it would be cool if that was Slan's back story or something like that and he said it was brought up back when that episode was released even though there is no real evidence to point to that being the truth.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
After what has been going on in the most recent episodes, I highly doubt that Conrad just took over the Sea Gods position. The Sea God is probably still going to be here, but now so will Conrad.

Or maybe only the Sea God will be there and the preview showing Conrad is a fake I made up with Grail & Gobolatula's precious help. Technically posted on April 1st according to the board's server time! :slan: Here's the original artwork:

Conrad-SeaGod-Original.jpg

Hope you guys enjoyed the show, and for those who haven't found them all already, try to guess where the other pictures in the preview were taken from. :serpico:

I knew it! :miura:

You guys were acting way too out of character for it to be real. Saying it made sense for Conrad to be the Sea God because Conrad has tentacles was such a huge stretch. And if there's anyone on God's green earth who would never stretch the known facts to form a speculation, especially when it comes to Berserk, it's Aazealh. And don't get me started on the "I've been thinking that each God Hand member represents a different element" talk. :ganishka:

My favorite line came from Walter though:

Walter said:
Well that certainly explains why the sea god was described as evil, which always seemed strange to me.

:ganishka:

Eventually, I just started praying the joke was only the fake preview and not the Episode 319 announcement itself. That would have been cruel. :judo:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I actually wasn't in on the joke at that point, and didnt find out myself until I started pulling at the strings of the preview image. When I noticed the brand bleeding was straight out of vol 26 when Guts encounters Slan, the rest sorta fell apart. But I kept quiet for "fun" :void:

Walter said:
I actually wasn't in on the joke at that point, and didnt find out myself until I started pulling at the strings of the preview image. When I noticed the brand bleeding was straight out of vol 26 when Guts encounters Slan, the rest sorta fell apart. But I kept quiet for "fun" :void:

Errr... Was I laughing? I meant to say that it was a great idea and that I didn't think it was funny at all. :farnese:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
El Gaucho said:
Errr... Was I laughing? I meant to say that it was a great idea and that I didn't think it was funny at all. :farnese:
I guess my post sounds weird, but all I was really trying to say was that calling an astral being like the sea god "evil" seemed strange to me at the time, because generally in Berserk, "evil" as a term is used only when dealing with the God Hand, apostles and the Idea of Evil.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
El Gaucho said:
Saying it made sense for Conrad to be the Sea God because Conrad has tentacles was such a huge stretch.

Well he does have tentacles and a shell and that weird "face" on his torso. :iva:

The idea of the prank actually came to me several months ago during a talk I had with Walter about possibilities for the Sea God. We had laughed it off at the time, but I figured it'd be a fun thing to visualize.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Aww, sorry man! But I'm sure the real Sea God will be awesome! That's something to look forward to. :serpico:

Infinte

They see me rollin', they hatin'.
Nice to see some speculation again might wanna make a thread on speculation nation(or is it not worth it since the issue is released this Friday)?

This episode is giving me an awesome feeling bigger than the other ones and when the awesome feeling is there it means its going to be more awesome than a normal episode(not that other episodes aren't awesome and sorry for me deawesomenating them and my awesome writing).

Spring and a new episode(a combo that should never be mixed) is having a weird effect on me so I'm sorry if someone got irritated by my weird writing.

Ooh Griff nice to see that your back. :guts:

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Well played, guys! Not since Berserk: 20 Years Later, have you pulled one over on ol' Rhomby. In retrospect, MassEffect.net was way too obvious of an April Fool's joke, and in the past you guys have always diverted our attention from the real prank. Just like last year's PSP game.

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
GOD DAMMIT AAZ I EVEN SAID IN THE CHAT
XD IF THOSE WERE FAKE SOMEBODY WOULD HAVE LOOKED THEM UP AND CALLED IT OUT ALREADY
You smug mother fucker. :ganishka:

Top Bottom