Shoalin Soccer

pav

"Are you lookin at me?"
Well Miramax has got its claws into a HK movie again I really just hope that they dont cut the hell out of it and really mess up the names aswell as the dubbing (which is normally lifeless).
However the good point of this is that the mainstream american audience will get a glimpse of Stephen Chow and his earlier movies might get released but then again Miramax will be there :'(.

Well anyway it was supposed to be released this year but it should now be coming out in 2003.

Click here to see the Miramax promo
http://www.banzi.co.kr/movie/soccer1.asf

I read that it was going to be released as "Kung Fu Soccer" because American audiences wouldn't understand the premise... but from that I guess not. I haven't seen it myself but Matrix-style freeze frame rotation shots of neato kicks are very tiring, so I hope it has something original. :p

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Soccer will take place and it will involve martial arts.
I dont think american's could handle that. They need to put in some rap music and call it "Bicycle Kickin, slam-dancing, gangsta, mo-fo Monks" and have it narrated by Master P. That'd sell with the kiddies.

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."
I dont think american's could handle that. They need to put in some rap music and call it "Bicycle Kickin, slam-dancing, gangsta, mo-fo Monks" and have it narrated by Master P. That'd sell with the kiddies.

;D yeah, i guess so!

BOB

poruno sutâ
the movie is great!!!!

watched it with a friend of mine last month and it was unbelievable. Some of the jokes suck but that's typical for asian comedy i think.
Don't think that this kind of humor is everyones cup of tea tho but i laughed my ass off during that karaoke scene in the beginning.

buy the DVD!!!!!! now!!!

BTW anyone seen the Legend of Zu ( gonna be released as Zu warriors in US cinemas) yet?
Haven't seen that much cheese since "Gone with the wind"
but it's really fun watching i think

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great

more like Yo-boys [or those guys i worked with :-X at that resturant {basterds all of them}].

BOB

poruno sutâ
Ahem BTW it's Shaolin soccer

Shoalin soccer would mean something different as Shoa is jewish for Holocaust

Kenoh-Sama

"What is love? Not that I want some or anythi
Stephen Chow humor isn't for everyone. But I for one love his movies. Shaolin Soccer included. It's about the main characters quest to spread the teachings of martial arts. He tries different ways to do it but always fails. However Soccor is physical enough for him and his brothers to use what they were taught, to some how spread their teachings of martial arts. It's fun to watch and worth a viewing. :)

pav

"Are you lookin at me?"
CrazyCelt your right they are now gonna call it Kungfu Soccer I forgot to put that down before, the trailer was done before they changed the name to kungfu Soccer.

Vermillion

If we do not find them soon, we shall be of no use
This movie isnt going to be accepted by everyone, but me and whole bunch of friends are definitely gonna check it out. The trailer had me rolling on the floor laughing and gave me a belly ache!

<--here's a screenshot

So thats were it came from...hahahaha!

pav

"Are you lookin at me?"
aelka is that screenshot from the HK version cos the subtitles look very nice and accurate which are kinda the opposite from my malaysian vcd copy. Us HK movie freaks need all the help we can with finding decently done subtitles.

aelka

*gasp* you know how hot I am? *no.*
Well, it's the original version and it costs me $11 Canadian...they're everywhere.

Anyway, I recommand this dumbass movie to everyone because it's meant to be f3cked up.

ss02.jpg

ss03.jpg

ss04.jpg

ss05.jpg

ss07.jpg

ss08.jpg

BOB

poruno sutâ
aelka how could you survive that karaoke scene??

BTW the Hong kong original has superb subtitles and (for a HK DVD) superb features.

pav

"Are you lookin at me?"
I just wish they'd (HK) would bring out stephen chow's Out of the dark on DVD soon cos that is such a classic.

aelka

aelka how could you survive that karaoke scene??

BTW the Hong kong original has superb subtitles and (for a HK DVD) superb features.

The thing is, I can't. But there's actually nothing particularly worth screenshooting of.

pav

"Are you lookin at me?"
Yes there is when the bottle goes flyin in on Stephen Chow after their little dance choreography if you can call it that

aelka

;D I went through that part twice and seriously, the screenshots are not as interesting as the action.

pav

"Are you lookin at me?"
well looks like miramax is on its way to redemption by keeping the name Shaolin Soccer than the new american audience aimed Kung fu soccer well lets hope than on this road there will be GOOD dubbing and no editing (well a guy can dream)

Top Bottom