[April Fools] Episode 319

Grail

Feel the funk blast
lolheyguise :troll: I had a lot of fun reading through everyone's responses! It was fun getting to help put a prank together instead of getting fooled by one, for once. It definitely gave me a new appreciation for those tentacles.

Darn, I knew it right from the start!!!
Great job guys, that was a very good prank! Everyone played along so well I actually ended up doubting myself, and I was starting to believe it was really true after all! :ganishka:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Dar Klink said:
You smug mother fucker. :ganishka:

:casca:

Death May Die said:
Yeah, I don't recall that picture of Casca at all really. Where is it from?

It's from Aaz's cache of secret Berserk stuff. :badbone: It's a small poster that was published in YA many years ago (as the style and Casca's garb attest). It was never re-published anywhere else, so few people know of it. One of the many reasons we need more artbooks! :azan:

Staralfur said:
Great job guys, that was a very good prank! Everyone played along so well I actually ended up doubting myself, and I was starting to believe it was really true after all!

That's the beauty of it, making people doubt despite the odds. :guts:

Edi

Sorry for my bad English...
Aazealh said:
try to guess where the other pictures in the preview were taken from.
http://img13.imageshack.us/i/0310145.jpg
http://img534.imageshack.us/i/0280067.jpg
http://img28.imageshack.us/i/0260058.jpg
http://img806.imageshack.us/i/0270223.jpg

Fffuuu_The_Game_RE_unlock_wi_fi_anywhere_on_your_laptop-s395x317-59013.jpg

That was once again very well elaborated but I didn't got tricked this time (YOU almost got me! :slan:)...
The picture with Conrad was what putted me the biggest doubt, the drawing style seemed strange.
Well played to everyone who got involved, that artwork is amazing!

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
The Beast of Darkness said:
The picture with Conrad was what putted me the biggest doubt, the drawing style seemed strange.
That image is actually what solidified it being real, for me -- so much so that I didn't scrutinize the other images until later. Sure, it looked slightly abnormal for Miura, but it was within reason for what we could expect to see from Conrad appearing in this new world. Remember how Slan looked in the Qliphoth? Admittedly those were different circumstances, but still I thought that aspect of this prank was very devious and well done.

Ohhh nice one you guys. You really got me there. I was actually thinking that it would be nice if we saw a Conrad forming from the dead slugs, like he was formed from rats in the outskirts of Midland. Then again with the worlds merged he wouldn't need to do that :ganishka:

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Excellent ploy as always, congrats to Aaz, Grail, and Gobs on the prank of the year; though, somewhere deep down I know a part of Aaz is disappointed it wasn't recognized immediately. =)
"Has my Berserk Quiz taught you nothing!? You have to know every panel by heart!" :mozgus:

It was like the ultimate Berserk Scene it. :guts: Speaking of which, I don't think anyone has been more than half right about this one:

aprilfool.jpg

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
I'm glad you guys enjoyed it.

Aaz was the mastermind, and I was the "director," pretty much. It was my job to hand Grail volumes of the manga with relevant art references for the Conrad pic. She worked insanely hard on that sucker. INSANELY hard. I just did some of the cross-hatching and the screentones.

It was Aaz's job to "shittify" the artwork to make it look like some jerk took a picture of a page from YA.

So now it's time to wait for some real previews.

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
I saw straight through your ploy, fiend.

Nice work grail, that's still a beastly picture.

I'll admit I was a little suspicious when those "spoilers" showed up, but the evil masterminds behind the plot acted it out really well and made it seem believable. Nice work, but I'll never again trust anything posted on this site between March and April! :ganishka:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
D-Scape said:
I'll never again trust anything posted on this site between March and April! :ganishka:
The Miura interview landed in early April of 2009 and that was legit.

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
Reading through these replies, I can't imagine how much fun you guys had coming up with this scheme. Watching people lose their shit over what seemed to be the end all-be all episode. Like someone else mentioned, the job you guys did with the images sold the illusion. I wanted to believe so hard my mind forgot things like logic in favor of "Oh shit! Conrad?!! Look at those little tentacles in the background that is legit."

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
I think of it as an art form. :ganishka:

But really, the goal is merely to entertain. As long as it makes people doubt and wonder the job is done, whether they're searching for proofs of falsehood or freaking out over unlikely developments.

turkitage

ターク
Aazealh said:
No problem then, next one will be for Christmas. :slan:

... you wouldn't dare..... :judo:

Though, looking back.... This thread was created on April 02, 2011, 01:45:29 AM and posted by some xronex(sp?) person, who had like 3 old old posts (yeah I checked) with some pictures. But we already had an Episode 319 thread that was created on March 22, 2011, 05:02:33 PM. So we had two threads on the same eps.. now why wasn't the thread merged or dealt with immediately?? The admins would have surely done that in a heartbeat normally. I didn't pay attention much at the time as I wanted to stay clear from this site as much as possible this time until the weekend was over but I assume there were two threads at the same time about the same eps 319. And if that WERE true, no one noticed that was fishy?? On top of that, we got the same thing last year.. or the year before where a random (dead) account posted the april fools exactly like it was done now and that said account never posted any follow up comments, which.. if you're gonna share something like that most people would reply back a few times on their own thread.

But I didn't think about that stuff now after the fact so was still fooled. Just funny thinking about how it played out. Enjoyed it a lot as always. I kinda figured you guys were just going to do the Mass Effect thing as a silly thing and not bother with actually fooling anyone since.. it's kinda hard to do imo.. but ya pulled it off once again!

Top Bottom