What happened to Daiba?

puella

Berserk forever
I always wonder where he is and what he is doing now. Is he safe and can he live for a hundred years more? Or did he transform into something like his master?

Can we see him again in the manga? Or will Miura leave his fate for us to wonder?

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Well, usually when someone like that is left alive, we haven't heard the last of them (the Boss for example). Considering his previous affiliations and his and Ganishka's positive impression of Guts' abilities, perhaps he'll join the presumptive rainbow coalition against Griffith? :daiba:

Gotta agree with Griff there. After causing so much trouble, if he's still alive, I don't think Daiba is the one who'll simply go away quietly. And unlike Theresia, he is actually capable of doing serious harm to Guts. Or Griffith, if he wants.

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
Griffith said:
Perhaps he'll join the presumptive rainbow coalition against Griffith? :daiba:
Along with Silat of course! Then we can have an awesome Silat and Daiba vs Rakshas match. :rakshas: :daiba:

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
BayJumper said:
Gotta agree with Griff there. After causing so much trouble, if he's still alive, I don't think Daiba is the one who'll simply go away quietly. And unlike Theresia, he is actually capable of doing serious harm to Guts. Or Griffith, if he wants.

It seems unlikely that he could harm Griffith (femto) even if he wanted to. He's powerful, but not up to par with a God Hand. Hopefully it's not the end of his character, I wouldn't mind seeing what happened to him after the two worlds merged. Who knows if we actually will or not, it may be unimportant in the grand scheme of things. The prospect of Theresia showing up oneday gets me all hot and flustered. I'm more curious what happened to her.

Dar Klink said:
Along with Silat of course! Then we can have an awesome Silat and Daiba vs Rakshas match. :rakshas: :daiba:

May as well start on that fan-fic now. :daiba:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
BayJumper said:
After causing so much trouble, if he's still alive, I don't think Daiba is the one who'll simply go away quietly. And unlike Theresia, he is actually capable of doing serious harm to Guts. Or Griffith, if he wants.
Causing trouble? Huh? It sounds like you've completely misread Daiba as a character. Despite his skirmish with Guts and crew in Vritannis, he wasn't portrayed as an enemy. There was no malice on either side of that fight. That was just wrong place, wrong time. Read his scenes again. He's a sympathetic character, so much so that Miura used him as an outside perspective for readers throughout the confrontation outside Wyndham in v34, during which he himself was shocked and somewhat horrified by what he saw down below. I see him as being more of an ally toward Guts and company in the future. He's an eastern sorcerer who's knowledgeable about the astral world. He could come in quite useful in this new world.

Of course, he could also end up in Griffith's camp, particularly given his proximity to all the recent goings-on. But I believe that not unlike Silat, who also had a personal interaction with Guts in the past, Daiba is destined to meet up with our protagonist again on different terms in the future. Right now it's just a hunch. But I think a lot of the side characters that have been developed throughout the series, who have been depicted as wary of Griffith, will ultimately rally around whatever force eventually brings him down, including Daiba, Raban, Owen, Silat, and possibly even Rickert... though that's for another thread.

puella

Berserk forever
I think Daiba could be the one who would be able to tell people what the change is. In Guts' band, we can learn many things about the changes or new phenomenon through Schierke. But for those humans who are ruled by Griffith, they don't know anything. Basically, Daiba is still a good resource in the manga, unlike Theresia. :void:

Top Bottom