New Nintendo Console to debut at E3 2011

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Griffith said:
My bad, I was just seemingly always more impressed by the graphics of GC games (and that's what really counts =).

I'll say, the GC's lackluster sales really were unwarranted. I'm guilty myself since I never bought one, but looking back it was a pretty cool system.

Griffith said:
This talk about a separate screen on the new Nintendo controller is impressive though... or was when Dreamcast did it in 1998!

Despite it being just a gimmick I really liked that feature back then. :guts:

Truder

"I frown at Griffith's nipples" -Aazealh
Proj2501 said:
This just in from IGN:

http://gear.ign.com/articles/116/1163325p1.html

IGN:
In terms of the design of the console itself, the overall size will be comparable to that of the original Xbox 360 and the system is likely to resemble a modernized version of the Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES)

lol!

Griffith said:
Super Nintendo 2! :badbone:

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
Guess what? More rumors! and some fishy pictures. These preview images have hazy sources, so I wouldn't take them too seriously. Still, it looks neat.

Square Enix, Capcom, Sega, Konami, Activision, Rockstar/Take Two, Electronic Arts, Namco and Ubisoft have development kits, and all have at least one game in the works.
Nintendo may not launch with any first party games, as it plans to really support third parties this time.
It won't have "Wii" in its name.
Third party support extends to hardware, with a better storage solution being developed.
Better download service.
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword may launch at the same time as Project Cafe. This could lead to another Twilight Princess situation.
Hideo Kojima has been mentioned in conjunction with the system.
Retro is working on a title that "everybody wants." It's been suggested that it could be Eternal Darkness 2.
A Resident Evil game is in the works (when isn't one in the works?)
A StarFox title is being worked on.
Grand Theft Auto V will be a Project Cafe title in addition to everything else.

27oSY.jpg

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Truder said:
IGN:
In terms of the design of the console itself, the overall size will be comparable to that of the original Xbox 360 and the system is likely to resemble a modernized version of the Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES)

lol!

Griffith said:
Super Nintendo 2! :badbone:

:SK:

Walter said:
Will believe when seen.

They had me at, "a modernized version of the Super Nintendo Entertainment System", but yeah, there's a lot of hemming and hawing in that article alone about what Nintendo is supposedly doing.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
[quote author=IGN http://gear.ign.com/articles/116/1163325p1.html]
Nintendo is considering naming the console Stream, though it is potentially one of several names currently being vetted by the company. [/quote]
"Stream" is an incredibly awkward name, particularly since it follows the Wii. :carcus:

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
More images of suspicious origins. Looks pretty neat either way! I'm just excited nintendo games will finally give my HDTV some love.

"Project Cafe is simply the most developer friendly SDK the industry has ever seen," reads the text accompanying the image. "Deliver unparalleled next generation performance at current generation costs. It doesn't get any easier than this."

The image also boasts easy portability from PC and Xbox 360, as well as the ability to update games at any time and an integrated M-Live framework."

source - Destructoid

YpE2R.jpg

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Aphasia said:
Retro is working on a title that "everybody wants." It's been suggested that it could be Eternal Darkness 2.

Doesn't Silicon Knights hold the rights for this?

It's about time Nintendo made a bid for there rightful place at the head of the table! Exciting times for us all! :ubik:

When's E3 this year? Can't wait to see Reggie on stage this tiem :casca:

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Why am I all of a sudden getting excited about this? And why in the hell I have Killer Instinct Theme song playing in my head?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Nintendo has confirmed that it will show a playable model of their new console at E3 this year. Source: http://kotaku.com/#!5795241

Straight from the press release:
April 25, 2011

Nintendo Co., Ltd. has decided to launch in 2012 a system to succeed Wii, which the company has sold 86.01 million units on a consolidated shipment basis between its launch in 2006 and the end of March 2011.

We will show a playable model of the new system and announce more specifications at the E3 Expo, which will be held June 7-9, 2011, in Los Angeles.

Sales of this new system have not been included in the financial forecasts announced today for the fiscal term ending March 2012.
The question now becomes, if GameInformer was right about the E3 unveiling, what else was right? And what was wrong?

Kalie Ma said:
It's about time Nintendo made a bid for there rightful place at the head of the table! Exciting times for us all! :ubik:
Well, in terms of sales, the Wii has always been at the head of the table. It's the hearts and minds of the more dedicated players that Nintendo still has to win back.

When's E3 this year? Can't wait to see Reggie on stage this tiem :casca:
E3 2011 is June 7-9, and I also can't wait to see Reggie. :guts:

[flash=480,390]http://www.youtube.com/v/eUQ4G4O-fPA[/flash] [flash=480,390]http://www.youtube.com/v/jUTl1vEG62Q[/flash]

Nomad said:
Why am I all of a sudden getting excited about this?
It's because there's such huge potential, but we're trapped in the dark until June. This console could swing one way or the other for Nintendo. But either way, I think the specifics of this announcement will set the tone for the next generation of consoles.

Top Bottom