Episode 320

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
RivFader said:
Anyway, I am intrigued. What exactly does the Captain say?
Aazealh said:
In the second panel, the boss says that they're "now reaching the climax of the ceremony".

:slan:

RivFader said:
But honestly, with the Berserk movie set into motion I hope Miura can put all his energy into Berserk

He's never stopped putting all his energy into Berserk during the past twenty years.

RivFader said:
I really want to get more information on the Sea God and the mysteries surrounding him while on the other side, I want to get to Elfhelm as soon as possible. Casca somehow regaining her memories (if that is likely, that is) should happen before 2015 in my eyes.

You shouldn't lose sight of the fact that the Sea God's appearance and confrontation with Guts et al. serves a purpose that we are not yet fully aware of. They'll get to Elfhelm eventually, but rushing the current events would not be in anyone's interest. You should know that some of us have been waiting for Elfhelm for more than 10 years! It all started back in volume 22, and I think so far it's been well worth the "delay". :guts:

Aazealh said:

Thanks.

Aazealh said:
You shouldn't lose sight of the fact that the Sea God's appearance and confrontation with Guts et al. serves a purpose that we are not yet fully aware of. They'll get to Elfhelm eventually, but rushing the current events would not be in anyone's interest. You should know that some of us have been waiting for Elfhelm for more than 10 years!

True, what's your take on the involvement of a thrid party, given the fact that we had a chunk of information mermaids a few episodes ago?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
RivFader said:
True, what's your take on the involvement of a thrid party, given the fact that we had a chunk of information mermaids a few episodes ago?

You mean what do I think about possible merrow involvement? If so, I don't mind it. It might give our heroes (and us as well) some very interesting information about the world and maybe even about things to come.

Awesome! Went to look at the 319 discussion and 320 is already out! I love it when we get a few episodes in a row !! :guts:

Those bugs look so gross, wonder how Guts will fight them? Maybe just run away? There are alot and they are crawling on the ground so his sword probably won't be effective. third panel definitely taking place inside his mouth !

It'll be interesting to see the extent/ effectiveness of the bugs' attack. Guts can step on em or maybe he would care less if he thinks they aren't formidable enough to waste his time on. If they try to munch on his leg, he is wearing armor ... I think it's safe to assume it's strong enough to protect him (if that were to happen). If they attack in groups and just pile on him, add to the weight and get him motionless, it'll get tough perhaps!

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Draculoid said:
Those bugs look so gross, wonder how Guts will fight them? Maybe just run away? There are alot and they are crawling on the ground so his sword probably won't be effective.

How will Guts fight? Run away!? WHAT!!?:mozgus: I'll show you how he'll use his feet:

insects2.jpg

As for the Dragon Slayer being ineffective, he just needs to slide that puppy along the floor, edge or flat side. :badbone:

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Griffith said:
How will Guts fight? Run away!? WHAT!!?:mozgus: I'll show you how he'll use his feet:

insects2.jpg

As for the Dragon Slayer being ineffective, he just needs to slide that puppy along the floor, edge or flat side. :badbone:

Mister, I like your reasoning!

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not too concerned about the bugs, which by the way, resemble oversized Sea Roaches (click). But their appearance does shed a little light on what we're to expect inside the Sea God's maw.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Walter said:
I'm not too concerned about the bugs, which by the way, resemble oversized Sea Roaches (click). But their appearance does shed a little light on what we're to expect inside the Sea God's maw.

Yeah, I don't think the sea roaches will be a problem for Guts, even in large numbers. He's pretty proficient when it comes to dealing with a lot of little monsters (Rosine's servants, for example). I'm guessing there's a lot more disgusting, dangerous stuff lurking in the Sea God's belly. I can't wait to see what Miura has in store for us.

deamonsonfire

E2DaP Records
I think the bugs were just for effect, they will be nothing but a minor minor nuisance imo. Awesome post! Welcome riv!

2015 :rakshas: i simply cannot wait that long.

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Staralfur said:
The way the panels are put, it almost feels like Guts entering the Sea God's mouth is a part of the ceremony...

well there is nothing better than Guts to disrupt a ceremony! Kick this Sea god's ass Guts!

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Staralfur said:
The way the panels are put, it almost feels like Guts entering the Sea God's mouth is a part of the ceremony...
Huh? Could you explain what you mean? The incomplete panels shown in the preview are cropped together from several different pages, unless you're talking about the way one of the four images is designed... anyway, what?

Walter said:
Huh? Could you explain what you mean? The incomplete panels shown in the preview are cropped together from several different pages, unless you're talking about the way one of the four images is designed... anyway, what?

Yeah, I do realize that the panels are not directly related, but the image of Guts reaching the mouth, and the Captain mentioning that the Ceremony was reaching its climax just after that, gave me that impression when I looked at it. That's all, really. :slan:

I'm curious to see if the ship inside of the Sea God's mouth (assuming that's accurate) is one of the two pirate ships that Roderick sunk back during the sea battle between himself and the still-human Bearded Skeleton. If I remember correctly, one of them was even called the Sea Louse, right? Maybe that was a little foreshadowing? I know that's kind of a stretch (and I'm only jokingly suggesting it), but maybe it and the following were hints at things to come:

Episode 289: Sea Battle (2) said:
Boss - Bastard, since when did he take the windward...? What a ridiculous turning radius...! Is that ship a monster...!? Ready Starboard-side canons....!!

:carcus:

It might be a while but I feel as though we are going to eventually get a two page panel with Guts busting through the insides of the sea monster all covered in its innards. Somehow the idea of fight inside the belly of the beast seems easier but of course we have not idea what Miura has in store for us on the inside

BTW, is there an official name sea monster (e.g. Makara)? 'Sea monster' sounds so boring for such a 'tooth-and-grin' beast.It reminded of :ganishka: (<-- minus the face)

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
MaN said:
BTW, is there an official name sea monster (e.g. Makara)? 'Sea monster' sounds so boring for such a 'tooth-and-grin' beast.It reminded of :ganishka: (<-- minus the face)

Well, it's not simply "sea monster," it's "Sea God," which is kind of an important distinction as far as names go; Sea God is quite impressive enough on its own. Perhaps it will eventually be given one of these monikers (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_deity), like the Makara, except that name was established right away with an episode title (241), as the Sea God's name has been (it's been referred to as the Sea God since at least episode 313, and it's ancient "God" status was established even before the "Sea" part in 312). So, while another esoteric name wouldn't shock me, don't count on it either.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Rhombaad said:
Yeah, I don't think the sea roaches will be a problem for Guts, even in large numbers.

See what I said in my first post. :slan:

Staralfur said:

Keep that in mind that they omit a lot of things, which is often treacherous. Anyway, maybe the boss just dismissed Guts' dash into the Sea God's mouth as him merely being eaten. And it might also refer to the attempted slaying of the people aboard the Sea Horse, like I mentioned earlier.

El Gaucho Acuático said:
I'm curious to see if the ship inside of the Sea God's mouth (assuming that's accurate) is one of the two pirate ships that Roderick sunk back during the sea battle between himself and the still-human Bearded Skeleton. If I remember correctly, one of them was even called the Sea Louse, right?

Yes. However, since the Sea God is imprisoned within the cave, and since the two ships were sunk a while before the remaining pirate ship was turned into the ghost ship, I'm inclined to think it isn't the case.

Roderick's ship is under attack? I have to squint to make these pictures out. Stupid work monitor. Can't wait to check this ep. out.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Proj2501 said:
Roderick's ship is under attack?

Yes, as previously mentioned by yours truly. While Guts attacks the Sea God from the inside, its "beard" is unleashing hell on the Sea Horse. It's the final battle between Roderick and the Bearded Skeleton!

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Aazealh said:
See what I said in my first post. :slan:

I probably didn't register it in all the excitement of seeing the preview images. Sorry about that. :iva:

I really like what we can see of the Sea God's insides. A veritable ghost town made up of devoured ships. The way the gastric acid is portrayed is pretty cool, too.

The battle between Roderick and the Sea God's beard is going to be great. I wonder how well the Four Kings will hold up against that onslaught of sea slugs. Even the pishacha on the beach near Vritannis got through eventually (unless I'm remembering things incorrectly; I'm at work and don't have access to the manga).

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
Aazealh said:
It's possible, sure (that was actually my first thought), but I don't think it's the case. If you look at the first panel, Guts is way beyond where the Captain Shark Rider was (as a reminder, that is the ship's name, the "boss" calls himself the "Bearded Skeleton"), seemingly pretty close to the mouth itself. I think the ship would have trouble catching up with Guts compared to the other slugs (or at least no particular advantage over them). Plus, closing the mouth with it inside would mean slicing the slug off the Sea God, possibly killing it? Not the smartest move. And lastly, were would those isopods be coming from if he was on the ghost ship?

Ah, I believe you are right. It's much more obvious now that we have a bigger preview. Oh yeah! I've had pirate boss stuck in my head for a while, Bearded Skeleton it is. Anyways, this is certainly looking to be an action-packed episode. The Sea Horse is doing a number on those slugs. It's an exciting time to be alive for fans of Berserk.

MaN said:
It might be a while but I feel as though we are going to eventually get a two page panel with Guts busting through the insides of the sea monster all covered in its innards.

By the time this is all said and done we can look forward to some Guts covered in guts. That should be fun.

I can't tell if the 3rd panel down is Guts just inside the mouth or right outside it. If its inside then perhaps the whole body of the sea god is made of same type of tentacles?! It also seems like the god has appetite for ships and the inside the looks a lot like similar the vortex of souls. It reminds me of the swirls around the idea of evil. I wonder if that is going to be tied into the story line somehow

(Guts face in partial black armor is very reminiscent of Roshinu)

**Boy! this is exciting...

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
MaN said:
I can't tell if the 3rd panel down is Guts just inside the mouth or right outside it. If its inside then perhaps the whole body of the sea god is made of same type of tentacles?!

I believe Guts is right outside the mouth on the panel you're mentioning. You can tell because of the direction the tentacles are flowing, and how they're attached. The tentacles were called the Sea God's beard earlier by Bearded Skeleton. They're all growing out from underneath the mouth. Like Aaz mentioned, I don't think we'll be seeing any tentacles inside, at least not the slug variety.

MaN said:
It also seems like the god has appetite for ships and the inside the looks a lot like similar the vortex of souls. It reminds me of the swirls around the idea of evil. I wonder if that is going to be tied into the story line somehow

The swirls you're mentioning appear to be flesh lining on the Sea God's insides/mouth. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it's just a coincidence. You can tell it's flesh by the acid being delivered through the pores.

MaN said:
(Guts face in partial black armor is very reminiscent of Roshinu)

I was getting a batman vibe myself. :beast:

Top Bottom