Episode 320

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
In the preview, Guts says that regardless of what it's pretending to be, the Sea God is nothing more than an octopus. That it won't survive if its heart is pierced. They're going up to find it. Meanwhile, the boss is still trying to cheer himself and his "brothers" up, saying "yes we can" as he leads the assault on the Sea Horse. :void:

Miura's comment is about the Fukushima nuclear power plant.

Rhombaad said:
I really like what we can see of the Sea God's insides. A veritable ghost town made up of devoured ships. The way the gastric acid is portrayed is pretty cool, too.

Yeah, a hellish place to be indeed.

Rhombaad said:
The battle between Roderick and the Sea God's beard is going to be great. I wonder how well the Four Kings will hold up against that onslaught of sea slugs. Even the pishacha on the beach near Vritannis got through eventually (unless I'm remembering things incorrectly; I'm at work and don't have access to the manga).

The pishacha could break through because they were possessed animals, meaning they had a corporeal body (on a side note, the same would apply for apostles). The trolls or the ogre however couldn't get through in Enoch (as they were "pure" astral creatures), which is why the ogre simply started throwing projectiles at the church instead. In the case of the slugs, it's hard to say how it's going to be. If the tentacles are all digested and recomposed humans, then they might be able to resist the spell enough to break through. Whether the sea cucumbers and then the sea slugs themselves will also be able to pass through remains to be seen, though.

MaN said:
I can't tell if the 3rd panel down is Guts just inside the mouth or right outside it.

Outside, obviously. The "beard" isn't inside the mouth, as Aphasia pointed out.

MaN said:
It also seems like the god has appetite for ships and the inside the looks a lot like similar the vortex of souls. It reminds me of the swirls around the idea of evil. I wonder if that is going to be tied into the story line somehow

Aphasia is correct again, it's just the depiction of the Sea God's anatomy, like Walter said when episode 319 was released. I highly doubt it's connected to the Vortex of Souls or supposed to be reminiscent of it.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Aazealh said:
In the preview, Guts says that regardless of what it's pretending to be, the Sea God is nothing more than an octopus.

:guts: : "Octopuses shouldn't pretend to be gods."

Aazealh said:
The pishacha could break through because they were possessed animals, meaning they had a corporeal body (on a side note, the same would apply for apostles). The trolls or the ogre however couldn't get through in Enoch (as they were "pure" astral creatures), which is why the ogre simply started throwing projectiles at the church instead.

Gotcha. That makes sense.

Aazealh said:
In the case of the slugs, it's hard to say how it's going to be. If the tentacles are all digested and recomposed humans, then they might be able to resist the spell enough to break through. Whether the sea cucumbers and then the sea slugs themselves will also be able to pass through remains to be seen, though.

Hell, if Roderick and the crew of the Sea Horse destroy them from a distance, the question of whether or not they can get through the Four Kings might just remain unanswered. I feel bad for the Bearded Skeleton and his shipmates.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Rhombaad said:
Hell, if Roderick and the crew of the Sea Horse destroy them from a distance, the question of whether or not they can get through the Four Kings might just remain unanswered. I feel bad for the Bearded Skeleton and his shipmates.
I doubt it will go to waste. :farnese: :schierke:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Rhombaad said:

I don't think they're going to be able to repel them that easily though. The slugs are massive and numerous. I'm pretty sure the ship will be out of black powder and ammunition by morning. And Isidro, Azan and Serpico are likely going to have to prove their worth in battle when Guts and Schierke aren't around as well. Which still leaves us with two wildcards: the Moonlight Boy (I have a feeling those tentacles had better not get too close to Casca) and the merrows.

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
Aazealh said:
I don't think they're going to be able to repel them that easily though. The slugs are massive and numerous. I'm pretty sure the ship will be out of black powder and ammunition by morning. And Isidro, Azan and Serpico are likely going to have to prove their worth in battle when Guts and Schierke aren't around as well. Which still leaves us with two wildcards: the Moonlight Boy (I have a feeling those tentacles had better not get too close to Casca) and the merrows.

I'm curious if anything will happen with the moonlight boy when the slugs start getting close. Maybe he will disappear again with all the focus on the battle. I hope he doesn't take off before we get to learn more about him. "Wildcard" is a great way to describe him.

I'm particularly excited to see how the Merrows will influence the story. And also because Miura's portrayal of a Merrow will surely be a sight to behold.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Walter said:
I doubt it will go to waste. :farnese: :schierke:

I doubt it will, either. I was just kidding around. We wouldn't get that much of a set up (Schierke assisting Farnese in summoning the Elemental Kings) and have that many combat-worthy characters left on the ship (Isidro, Azan, Roderick & Serpico) to have the Bearded Skeleton defeated without setting foot on the Sea Horse.

Aazealh said:
I don't think they're going to be able to repel them that easily though. The slugs are massive and numerous. I'm pretty sure the ship will be out of black powder and ammunition by morning. And Isidro, Azan and Serpico are likely going to have to prove their worth in battle when Guts and Schierke aren't around as well.

Exactly.

Aazealh said:
Which still leaves us with two wildcards: the Moonlight Boy (I have a feeling those tentacles had better not get too close to Casca) and the merrows.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to seeing what the little guy has in store for those unfortunate souls who place Casca in danger. I'm hoping he'll do more than make them turn and go the other way. And, as you said, the merrows have to make their appearance at some point, too.

Aphasia said:
I'm curious if anything will happen with the moonlight boy when the slugs start getting close. Maybe he will disappear again with all the focus on the battle. I hope he doesn't take off before we get to learn more about him. "Wildcard" is a great way to describe him.

I have a feeling that we won't get too much insight into who or what he is, but I hope that's not the case.

Aphasia said:
I'm particularly excited to see how the Merrows will influence the story. And also because Miura's portrayal of a Merrow will surely be a sight to behold.

We've already seen a little of what they look like while Isma is telling Isidro and Schierke the history of the Sea God, but I'm sure they'll look even more amazing when we get a detailed shot of them.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Aphasia said:
I'm curious if anything will happen with the moonlight boy when the slugs start getting close.

He's going to look at them. :carcus:

Rhombaad said:
have the Bearded Skeleton defeated without setting foot on the Sea Horse.

He's going to have trouble setting foot on anything. :troll:

Aazealh said:

...and turn them all into stone with just a glance, gorgon Medusa-style :SK:
But seriously, if an assault on Casca and/or Moonlight boy by the sea slugs were to happen, I think this would be a great opportunity for him to show off the hidden (of any kind) powers that he's got.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
BayJumper said:
I think this would be a great opportunity for him to show off the hidden (if any kind) powers that he's got.
Seriously...? SERIOUSLY? I mean.... seriously, seriously? Really? REALLY?!?

Aphasia

Walter said:

I don't know about you, but I'm fully expecting the moonlight boy to cut the slugs in half with laser-beam eyes.

Walter said:

Who knows, maybe Roderick and his crew could finish off the slugs themselves with their ship's cannon fire. That's also possible.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
BayJumper said:
Who knows, maybe Roderick and his crew could finish off the slugs themselves with their ship's cannon fire. That's also possible.
Ah, you missed my point. Big surprise. Your earlier post questioned whether or not the kid had "any" powers, and maybe now is a good time to use them, ya know, if he has any. Pretty sure that's been covered a few times in previous issues. You might want to check out his previous appearances.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Aphasia said:
I'm curious if anything will happen with the moonlight boy when the slugs start getting close.
Aazealh said:
BayJumper said:
...and turn them all into stone with just a glance, gorgon Medusa-style :SK:
But seriously, if an assault on Casca and/or Moonlight boy by the sea slugs were to happen, I think this would be a great opportunity for him to show off the hidden (if any kind) powers that he's got.

I'm also eager to see what the child can/will do. I don't know that he can just turn them away with a look this time.

Walter said:
Your earlier post questioned whether or not the kid had "any" powers, and maybe now is a good time to use them, ya know, if he has any. Pretty sure that's been covered a few times in previous issues. You might want to check out his previous appearances.

Well, technically he could simply mean ones we don't know of yet.

Walter said:
Ah, you missed my point. Big surprise. Your earlier post questioned whether or not the kid had "any" powers, and maybe now is a good time to use them, ya know, if he has any. Pretty sure that's been covered a few times in previous issues. You might want to check out his previous appearances.

That was a typo. That should've been "of any kind", not "if". Fixed it. I wasn't actually questioning his powers, I was just stating that the sea slug attack would be a chance for him to use whatever powers of any kind that he's got. Whether it's telekinesis, pyrokinesis or lapidification or basically anything that Miura can think of for him.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
BayJumper said:
That was a typo. That should've been "of any kind", not "if". Fixed it. I wasn't actually questioning his powers, I was just stating that the sea slug attack would be a chance for him to use whatever powers of any kind that he's got. Whether it's telekinesis, pyrokinesis or lapidification or basically anything that Miura can think of for him.
Okay then, for the record, your question was whether or not this mysterious child who has repelled the Beast twice and turned away possessed creatures with a glare has any hidden powers -- of any kind -- that he can use in this particular instance? Got it.

BayJumper said:

Hahaha. Holy shit that was one random power you assigned him. I had to google what that meant. Thanks for making me feel dumb.

Aphasia

Rhombaad said:
:guts: : "Octopuses shouldn't pretend to be gods."

I hope Guts says this. :ganishka:

Aazealh said:
He's going to have trouble setting foot on anything. :troll:

Hee-hee.

Proj2501 said:
Hahaha. Holy shit that was one random power you assigned him. I had to google what that meant. Thanks for making me feel dumb.

I had to google it too if it makes you feel any better. :farnese:

Griffith

Proj2501 said:
Aphasia said:
I had to google it too if it makes you feel any better. :farnese:

Same. :casca:

I wonder what the boy's limits really are? Have we basically seen what he can do, or is he just being coy and could stare down the Sea God itself if he really wanted to? To paraphrase a friend: maybe it depends on how bright the moon is. :SK:

Or, on where you think that mysterious power comes from. :griffnotevil:

Griffith

Guts jumping into the Sea God is like the Turtles entering the Technodrome in TMNT:Arcade. :ganishka:

Just seeing Guts standing in this strange sort of world inside this creature is very whimsical, even for Berserk.

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Epic as always! Nothing else to say, it's just too awesome and others will better comment then me! great great great!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Griffith said:
Just seeing Guts standing in this strange sort of world inside this creature is very whimsical, even for Berserk.

Yeah, I really like how eerie and gloomy Miura made the "place" look. The shots in which Guts is silhouetted all look amazing.

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
Graveyard of ships! Acid showers! Too awesome. Guts has got to find his way out of that super monster collagen lined stomach & down into some more sliceably delicate innards!

Top Bottom