Episode 321

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Title: 海神③ - Sea God (3)​

Azan in action and Isidro and Boss face to face again. Nice! Guts seems to have carved his way to a new region of the Sea God's insides.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Azan IS BACK BITCHES!

Looks like it's a "total war" (all-out war)

The captain (boss): "Tentacle time"
Isidro: "You smell like squid"

Guts gets out of the stomach.

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
Oh man, AZAAAAN. I also gotta admit. Isidro is looking pretty badass there. Maybe he'll get to show off some of the moves he learned from his new teacher!

Does that say the next episode is June 24?

EDIT:

What's that Isma color picture thing? I know the image is from vol 35, but what's it for? Is it a poster?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Gobolatula said:
Does that say the next episode is June 24?
Yep, series will resume 6/24. So, that means a 6 week lapse (or 2 issues of YA in this case). But historically, that's pretty damned good news. For the past two years, after a 3-episode run, he's taken an extended break of between 12-19 weeks. I'll take 6 over that!

What's that Isma color picture thing? I know the image is from vol 35, but what's it for? Is it a poster?
No detailed information is given about it yet. But it looks like it's just a promotional item for Young Animal featuring Isma. I wouldn't get too excited over it.

Moving on, can anyone tell what the hell is happening in the fifth panel? Ohhh, they're some kind of giant spiders or parasites...? Holy shit!

I wonder how the Boss was able to break through the barrier?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Gobolatula said:
Oh man, AZAAAAN. I also gotta admit. Isidro is looking pretty badass there. Maybe he'll get to show off some of the moves he learned from his new teacher!

Yeah it looks like he's doing well. I'm counting on them all to make Guts proud. :guts:

Gobolatula said:

It's a promotional telephone card. Young Animal has been doing that ever since it started. They release them regularly. You can find a lot of them on Yahoo! Japan auctions.

Walter said:
Yep, series will resume 6/24. So, that means a 6 week lapse (or 2 issues of YA in this case). But historically, that's pretty damned good news. For the past two years, after a 3-episode run, he's taken an extended break of between 12-19 weeks. I'll take 6 over that!

You know, I've always been a proponent of counting in YA issues instead of weeks. It's much more telling. In this case, a 2 issues hiatus is good news indeed.

Walter said:
Moving on, can anyone tell what the hell is happening in the fifth panel? Ohhh, they're some kind of giant spiders or parasites...? Holy shit!

Looks like giant "daddy-long-legs" yeah.

Walter said:
I wonder how the Boss was able to break through the barrier?

I already explained that possibility several times before! The tentacles were formerly human; they're probably not "pure" astral beings. So like the Pishacha, they should be able to break through the barrier. The question is whether the sea cucumbers or the slugs themselves will be able to break through as well. I'd venture that at least the slugs won't.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Aazealh said:
Looks like giant "daddy-long-legs" yeah.
Yeah, those things ... they've certainly made their home in a secluded, moist place. Though they generally aren't aggressive. Of course, these are about 1000x their normal size...

Aazealh said:
I already explained that possibility several times before! The tentacles were formerly human; they're probably not "pure" astral beings. So like the Pishacha, they should be able to break through the barrier.
Ah, I'd forgotten about the Pishacha's reaction to the barrier in vol 28. Man... what a loophole in the 4 Kings barrier defense!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Walter said:
Though they generally aren't aggressive. Of course, these are about 1000x their normal size...

Yeah... I doubt these will be harmless.

Walter said:
Ah, I'd forgotten about the Pishacha's reaction to the barrier in vol 28. Man... what a loophole in the 4 Kings barrier defense!

It's logical though, the spell's power affects the astral world but not so much the material world. Of course now it's liable to change a bit, what with the merging and all, but I don't believe it will. But basically humans are practically immune to it. And that's also the reason it would be quasi-useless against apostles.

It's great to see Azan! When he decided to stay aboard the ship while the others went onto the island, I was wondering when we'd see him in action again. Funny enough, last week I started thinking about him and what he was up to. Maybe that was a sign that we'd see him in this episode.

It's great to see the Bearded Skeleton swordfighting. And, even though we already knew what it'd look like, it's great to finally see his lower half. No more "hiding" on his ship this time, I suppose. I can't wait to read this episode!

Those giant sea spiders are really cool. With every new creature associated with the Sea God that I see, it makes me more and more interested in seeing what the Sea God itself looks like in its entirety. Since every creature seems to be a bottom-dweller/lives on the sea floor (sea cucumbers, nudibranch/sea slugs, isopods, sea spiders, etc), hopefully it's not too far of a stretch to think the Sea God might be one himself (or based on one). I'm still sticking to my year-long hope that it will end up being a giant monkfish/angler fish creature. :ganishka:

Truder

"I frown at Griffith's nipples" -Aazealh
Bearded Skeleton said:
it makes me more and more interested in seeing what the Sea God itself looks like in its entirety.
yeah.. i'm starting to doubt that we wont see what is under it's "beard".. im still hoping for the destruction of the island and the
merrows coming into play. (episode 322 IM CALLING IT)

also, i wonder if the Sea God will have multiple hearts.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Spiders...why did it have to be spiders? :magni:

I think it's funny that the Bearded Skeleton continues to use a wooden crutch despite being a tentacle and having no legs. Here's hoping Isidro gets the best of him this time!

Only two issues of young animal until the next Berserk episode? That's awesome news! :guts:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Bearded Skeleton said:
It's great to see the Bearded Skeleton swordfighting. And, even though we already knew what it'd look like, it's great to finally see his lower half. No more "hiding" on his ship this time, I suppose.

I like that he's fighting Isidro again. It's fitting, really. "FINISH THE JOB, DOROPI." :puck:

Bearded Skeleton said:
I'm still sticking to my year-long hope that it will end up being a giant monkfish/angler fish creature.

I could see that as well, but the constant references to octopuses makes me think it's going to be more of a cephalopod, and probably not a "realistic" one either.

Truder said:
im still hoping for the destruction of the island and the
merrows coming into play. (episode 322 IM CALLING IT)

That's not a bad call. Gobotabula and I were talking about it earlier today and we also thought that the merrows would arrive in the next episode focusing on the Sea Horse's side of the battle. However, episode 322 might be more about Guts' tribulations inside the creature, which means their arrival could be delayed a bit.

Truder said:
also, i wonder if the Sea God will have multiple hearts.

Cephalopods often do, so it's a definite possibility.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Definitely like how this episode this shaping up, Azan back in action, Isidro vs. the Boss part deux, and... giant daddy longlegs! :magni: :ganishka:

I can just imagine Miura staring into a corner of his studio when inspiration walks by on eight stringy legs. =)

Aazealh said:
Yeah... I doubt these will be harmless.

I'd like to think they'll still be harmless. :guts:

Speaking of which...

gutsfield005.gif

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Aazealh said:
I like that he's fighting Isidro again. It's fitting, really. "FINISH THE JOB, DOROPI." :puck:
Yep, I too am excited to see Isidro and the Boss square off again. It's just another chance for Isidro to prove himself, and this time in front of Isma :casca:

My only concern is that the battle on the Sea Horse will be futile, with the sea cucumbers' regeneration, until Guts is able to carve out the source of the problem. Also, at this pace, I'm wondering if they'll even necessarily need the help of the merrows to win this battle. That may be something in store for later in the story. But obviously, we'll have a better glimpse at how the battle is going once we've seen the episode.

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
God I love Gutsfield...

We're all forgetting who Isidro's real love interest is fated to be... :schierke:

Isidro is bound to do something insanely impressive to show Schierke he's all man. But when? Imagine her returning to her body and seeing him all beaten up and passed out. Serpico says, "He wouldn't let any of them come near you."

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like the "pirates" actually used the ship to safely penetrate the barrier. Some badass action in this episode: Azan (the "black bearded knight") & Isidro of course but even the Serpents of Thorns are back. :guts:

Walter said:
Also, at this pace, I'm wondering if they'll even necessarily need the help of the merrows to win this battle.

Indeed, if the other tentacles can't get through it should make things a lot easier for the Sea Horse.

Señor Caudillo said:
Oh man. I guess Farnese's whole dramatic elementals' summoning incantation in episode 318 was all for nothing?

I don't think it was for nothing. We knew since the familiar incident on the beach that the barrier's capabilities were only so much. Still, something is better than nothing, no?

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
Damn this episode looks fucking awesome. I am not okay with these spiders though... :magni:

Check out Farnese, being a badass, again. Casca, Schierke and the Moonlight boy look pretty cute together.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Señor Caudillo said:
Oh man. I guess Farnese's whole dramatic elementals' summoning incantation in episode 318 was all for nothing?

I think it's still to early to say that. If it only let's the Captain Shark Rider through and keeps the other slugs and tentacles out, it wasn't for nothing.

Even if the rest get through, it was important character development for Farnese. It shows us how far she's come as a magus.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
It's good that the guys on the ship also got some action for themselves. Hopefully Isidro delivers and shows what he has been training.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Señor Caudillo said:

Wow, are you joking? Fighting a small amount of tentacles coming out of a bottleneck doesn't compare to giant sea slugs rushing at them from all sides. Without Farnese's spell the Sea Horse would have been torn to shreds already.

Wow. This episode is really shaping to be pretty, for lack of a better phrase, KICK ASS. Azan action and Isidro taking charge.
Side note: How awesome is that kid?! :isidro:

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
I wonder what Guts is standing on in the image with the spiders. Could it be the Sea God's brain? Or do you think he's already reached its heart?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Rhombaad said:
I wonder what Guts is standing on in the image with the spiders. Could it be the Sea God's brain? Or do you think he's already reached its heart?
Nah, it looks like he's just carved his way out of the stomach, and is standing on top of it when he encounters those spiders. Unsure exactly what part of the body he's looking at, but it looks like just a web of vesicles or arteries surrounding the stomach. I'm no authority on marine anatomy though :farnese:

Episode looks fantastic. It's nice to see Serpico getting some credit again. My favorite page so far is Isidro giving what looks like a battle cry before the action starts :isidro:

Aazealh said:
Some badass action in this episode: Azan (the "black bearded knight")
Awesome :azan:

Top Bottom