Blogging & my first crack at it

deamonsonfire

E2DaP Records
So how many of you guys are bloggers? If so what sites do you use? post up links to your blogs in this thread!!

I recently started my first blog on wordpress. I spent a decent amount of time updating it last night with a bunch of news, info, and new songs from everyone at my label. If you guys have wordpress, add me and ill add you! also feel free to check out what I posted and leave some feedback. Mine is:

http://e2dap.wordpress.com

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Do people still blog? I thought Twitter and Facebook usurped that arena a few years ago.

Personally, I always try to entertain people with my posts, whether it's on Facebook, Twitter, or the brief period where I shared a blog with close friends a few years ago. I could never get behind the idea of talking about my day.

Virtually every political author I'm familiar with keeps a regularly updated blog.

I personally don't see why news channels have become so obsessed with Twitter; it's just Facebook stripped of everything but status updates. The media always says that it's what all the young people do even though a survey found that only 16% of Twitter users are under 25. Even if Twitter were dominated by the younger crowd, that's still a lousy reason to post to the general public your current location at all times as well as your every trivial thought.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
seppuku said:
Virtually every political author I'm familiar with keeps a regularly updated blog.
My point was that the blog has been displaced by Twitter and Facebook for the average user. Obviously it's still a viable venue for Internet news types to post their thoughts. Hell, it's the basis of most news sites these days. But the days of Syndee, the average 19-year-old college girl, posting a 1500 word update on her weekend activities is over. Syndee's over on Facebook now, and her LiveJournal is rotting.

I personally don't see why news channels have become so obsessed with Twitter; it's just Facebook stripped of everything but status updates.
It's no secret why. Twitter is a more functional loudspeaker to the general public than Facebook. It's an open environment. When an influential or popular person posts something to Twitter, everyone can read it. Unlike Facebook, which requires a network of relationships in order to read. Similar to Facebook though, the average user's experience on Twitter is limited to who they follow. I didn't really "get it" myself until I followed people that interested me, and are known to be among the first to know things.

Personally, I use Twitter to share and re-share links with friends, and keep up with game news and other minor celebrities I'm fans of. Every now and then, they'll even respond, and that's pretty cool.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Walter said:
Syndee's over on Facebook now, and her LiveJournal is rotting.
Vampire_Hunter_Bob likes this.

The simplicity of it helps a lot. Syndee is more likly to keep updating about her self reguarly, thanks to it being so short (FB has a 400 characters maximum, and Twitter has something like 150 words) limiting what she has to say.

Top Bottom