SK's line about how Guts and Casca may not wish for the same thing

S

supa_pokute

There is something I've been wondering about in volume 28. I forgot what page it was on, but Skull Knight tells Guts something along the lines of "What you wish for, may not be what she wishes for" when speaking to him about Casca's memory being brought back while on the beach. (Sorry if that translation is off, I have my Berserk books back at my house^^'). I assumed this meant that when or if her memory finally comes back to her, she may not wanted to have it back because of the last horrifying experience she remembers during the eclipse. I could be wrong though, so I just wanted to ask the vets on here what they think, and what might actually happen later in Berserk with the meaning of that line.

Thank you!

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
supa_pokute said:
There is something I've been wondering about in volume 28. I forgot what page it was on, but Skull Knight tells Guts something along the lines of "What you wish for, may not be what she wishes for" when speaking to him about Casca's memory being brought back while on the beach. (Sorry if that translation is off, I have my Berserk books back at my house^^'). I assumed this meant that when or if her memory finally comes back to her, she may not wanted to have it back because of the last horrifying experience she remembers during the eclipse. I could be wrong though, so I just wanted to ask the vets on here what they think, and what might actually happen later in Berserk with the meaning of that line.

Thank you!

That quote is about wanting revenge against Griffith and, SK is telling guts that Casca may not feel the same way he does.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Th3Branded0ne said:
That quote is about wanting revenge against Griffith and, SK is telling guts that Casca may not feel the same way he does.

That's my guess, as well. Casca may want Guts to stay with her on Elfhelm instead of going back to Midland to continue his quest for revenge against Griffith.

However, at this point in time, that's purely speculation.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
The line can be interpreted in more than one way; the Skull Knight's words are vague on purpose.

Anyway, it's been discussed before (long ago), but I don't remember the thread off the top of my head.

turkitage

ターク
supa_pokute said:
she may not wanted to have it back because of the last horrifying experience she remembers during the eclipse.

I thought that same thing as well. Though as branded said he could mean the revenge part too. I just can't see her not wanting revenge.. at least.. I want her to want revenge on Griffith.

Aazealh said:
Anyway, it's been discussed before (long ago), but I don't remember the thread off the top of my head.

yeah.. bored at work so.. supa_pokute searching for "she wishes for" in:
http://www.skullknight.net/forum/index.php?action=search2

I found some fun (old) topics on it that you might enjoy. Which I particularly like the thread on Can Griffith be redeemed? in regard to this topic.

Well first of all I want to note that I'm usually strolling around the forums and reading comments here and there but I never had the urge to participate in any of those discussions myself, until now that is.

This topic piqued my urge to create an account (gotta mention that it took a while to get it approved tho lol, but no biggie) and post here since it appeared to me that nobody bothered supporting the OP's speculation which is similar to mine's. What I assume is that the meaning of the line spoken about might in fact be that Casca doesn't really want to become sane again and prefers 'living in a lie' and have fake happiness rather than having to accept reality and feel grief as a result (maybe people who watched the Shutter Island film could relate to this idea better) or something along these lines. I hope that you get what I mean and I really felt that I just had to throw this out there.

BTW I apologize in case this had already been mentioned in that 'previous topic' Aazealh was referring to.

Oh and this is my first post I guess...lol.

Crouchez said:
What I assume is that the meaning of the line spoken about might in fact be that Casca doesn't really want to become sane again and prefers 'living in a lie' and have fake happiness rather than having to accept reality and feel grief as a result (maybe people who watched the Shutter Island film could relate to this idea better) or something along these lines.
Hm, it never occurred to me, good theory(even if you not the one who said it first), you could be right, I guess. In this case, it would really suck...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Crouchez said:
BTW I apologize in case this had already been mentioned in that 'previous topic' Aazealh was referring to.

It has been, obviously, but that's no big deal.

Crouchez said:
Oh and this is my first post I guess...lol.

Welcome!

Top Bottom