Skullknight Full Size Costume

turkitage

ターク
IncantatioN said:
There's an online competition for best costume at one of the premiere costume design boards.

There's no registration required to cast the vote.

Vote for # 7 Skull Knight!!! Let's show em some Berserk love :SK:

http://www.therpf.com/f24/rpf-2nd-annual-halloween-contest-male-vote-now-131579/

done

B

BloodyDevil

WOOOOW :isidro:

That's so awesome !!! I would really love to have one costume like that but I don't have the money for it >___<

Excellent job !

IncantatioN said:
There's an online competition for best costume at one of the premiere costume design boards.

There's no registration required to cast the vote.

Vote for # 7 Skull Knight!!! Let's show em some Berserk love :SK:

http://www.therpf.com/f24/rpf-2nd-annual-halloween-contest-male-vote-now-131579/

Just done and I will do it every day o/

September 09, 2010 is when I made a comment in one of my emails to the man behind the 1:1 busts "I had a crazy idea of going as the Skull Knight to a convention! I'm not sure how that'd work out, making the suit etc." and it's been a while since then that the project has not only come to fruition but almost frakkin' (if you don't mind me saying so) complete! SK.Net's good pal James definitely needs to take a bow on his work for this one, so much time, effort, sweat to make all of it happen. During the course of making the costume, I've also taken Aaz's help with a few queries I had at that point and a thanks to him too for his input. I couldn't get the cape you would've liked to see Aaz, but hopefully this will do ; ). A big thanks to Derek who helped post about the build in this topic and it took some courage from me to request something like that from a person of his super-star Berserk stature. Flew to Florida yesterday morning for a dress-fitting (so to say) and tearfully left to return to NYC last evening. Here's a quick update on the costume and yeah, not anonymous anymore :slan:

The costume bare bones ...

20111112_122124.jpg

One of the things was that it was important to wear an inner ninja kind of suit, body armor, so while I was hoping to lose the 18-20 pounds I put on with Mom's visit back in May, I could lose barely lose 2, so apologies for a fat ninja.

Thigh and Knee

20111112_105434-1.jpg

Calves/ Shin

20111112_105940-1.jpg

Foot

20111112_110414-1.jpg

Stomach and hip

20111112_110741.jpg

Breast plate with attached Shoulder Armor and my big phat head >_>' which we had to include or couldn't escape from in the picture for purposes of documenting the costume's awesomeness.

20111112_111323.jpg

Added 4 components to the Hand Armor - the bicep plate, elbow spike, the arm and the piece that goes over the knuckles

20111112_111934.jpg

Added Finger Armor

20111112_112511.jpg

Before putting on the Skull helmet, I had to put on the hood.

20111112_112639.jpg

TADA!!!

20111112_113005.jpg

Picture without lights turned on in the room, to see if the Skull Knight's eye-lights are visible

20111112_113019.jpg

HEY, HE CAN BE GOOFY AS WELL ... I was trying to laugh and do an Arnold pose but being the Skull Knight, he was too fast for the camera.

20111112_113023.jpg

Voila

20111112_113327.jpg

20111112_113206.jpg

20111112_113336.jpg

Now, I did mention that the costume is almost complete because, the scale at which the shield and sword was made, to me, looked bigger than the scale at which the costume was made specific to my own measurements. James built the shield and sword to it's probable actual 1:1 scale! So, he is now in the process of completing the shield and sword per the scale of the costume itself. The only other thing is the Skull itself - back in February when I tried it, it fit pretty well. This time around I found it fall on me or get lose where the Skull would droop forward/ down. So a solution for that will be worked on by our master builder and another thing - fogging of the lenses. It's a little bit of a challenge for me personally to breathe wearing the Skull because I'm a bit claustrophobic. Visibility is an issue when it fogs up and with the weight of the Sword or Shield, the movement is a bit constrained. A helper would be definitely needed, per past convention experience and what I felt wearing the costume. Without the Skull helmet on, I was able to walk around freely, so I guess the helmet concerns me most right now. Plus, I had problems with the mask of the ninja suit thingie, where the nose strip would shift and cover either of my eyes, so I'm going to probably snip it a bit to give me more breathing room. With the snip, there's also a chance of the material tearing up when I try the ninja suit on over time. A fantastic job on the helmet none the less, when you take into accord the lights and the overall look. Actually I'd say a fantastic job on everything!! Anyway, I gotta take a shower and head out ... thought I'd share my experience with it first-hand.

So that's why it was you who mentioned the costume competition!

I think this costume was a great idea and it turned out fantastic. Congratulations! You must be very proud, and I'm a bit jealous.

IncantatioN said:
Breast plate with attached Shoulder Armor and my big phat head >_>' which we had to include or couldn't escape from in the picture for purposes of documenting the costume's awesomeness.

20111112_111323.jpg

FACEBOOK PROFILE PICTURE NOW!!!

IncantatioN said:
HEY, HE CAN BE GOOFY AS WELL ... I was trying to laugh and do an Arnold pose but being the Skull Knight, he was too fast for the camera.

20111112_113023.jpg

My favorite picture :ganishka: Oh Skully, what a goofball!

YO INCANTATION. CONGRATS MAN. I BOW DOWN TO YOU!!! AND TO JAMES!!! AMAZING WORK. :ubik: :ubik: :ubik:

Thanks m ^_^, proud indeed, as is James.

DirectDK said:
My favorite picture :ganishka: Oh Skully, what a goofball!

YO INCANTATION. CONGRATS MAN. I BOW DOWN TO YOU!!! AND TO JAMES!!! AMAZING WORK. :ubik: :ubik: :ubik:
I'm not worthyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :farnese:!!! Thanks Derek!! SK can probably venture into the city and see the lights at Times Square, it'll probably be a first for him :SK:.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
IncantatioN said:
I couldn't get the cape you would've liked to see Aaz, but hopefully this will do ; ).

I'll take what I can get. :SK: Anyway, good to see the costume finally complete (well, almost) and delivered.

Cool beans! The cape will be shortened till right up to the heel spike, and will taper a bit to the tip in the front where it will be juuuust above the ground. A bit of black will be added to give it a rough weathered look. I figure with more outings in the costume or not, I'll need to build some stamina to walk in the cursed armor ^_^ before I get an all leather weighty one.

turkitage

ターク
AWESOME!! CONGRATS!!!! Yeah, putting the hand pieces on and so forth is definitely a two person job. Glad you fit in it as well.

IncantatioN said:
... thought I'd share my experience with it first-hand.

Thanks! It was a fun read and good pictures too!

As said before this is truly a master piece. Can't believe it took over a year to get this from an idea to completed! So much time and effort clearly went into this that it's just crazy to think about.

DirectDK said:
FACEBOOK PROFILE PICTURE NOW!!!

Yes, this should totally happen. Also, framed and put on your wall - LOL.

Also, I feel the goofball Skull Knight picture is missing a speech bubble of some sort... someone.. help me out here? :slan:

THANKS Turkitage ^_^!! Definitely need help with putting on/ taking off the costume and when you're cosplaying (have someone hold the sword or shield sometimes or unfog the lenses). The slightly smaller scale sword and shield will be slightly lighter than the actual scale I'm holding in the pictures, so that would help. Also, it's up to me to build endurance or stamina because I don't want to get exhausted in 30 minutes, I'm such a lazy bum. Yeah, I didn't realize it was something started in early September, so much time's gone by that I thought we began it around October/ November of last year heh.

My fat head looks too fat at the moment, so I'll pass on framing that picture hahaa! In time, maybe the next time I wear it I'll be a bit slimmer and that'll be frame worthy : D. I suck at speech bubbles or Paint/ Photoshop stuff : p

Piraan, it was a pleasure meeting up with you in NY, and You Derek!

It so rocks seeing you wearing the suit!!!
On to bigger, Greater things... ;)

DirectDK said:
true story...
skully_talkbubble.jpg
One word ... EPIC ... hahaha that's incredible!!! Thank you kind Sir. True story, indeed ... sigh, I guess it's no longer a secret eeeehh :farnese:

Joa said:
Piraan, it was a pleasure meeting up with you in NY, and You Derek!
It so rocks seeing you wearing the suit!!!
It was awesome to meet you two celebrities, thanks so much!! Yeah, I fit into it : D despite my fears cos of my fat head.

Joa said:
On to bigger, Greater things... ;)
Dahaha, righto ^_~.

Top Bottom