Episode 322

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
The fight between Isidro and the pirate captain was the highlight of this episode. I love when Isidro gets to business. Plus he looked like a total stud in front of Isma. Yeah, the two totally make an awesome team. Makes me think. :isidro: :schierke:

I love all these victories against the pirates. They've got their ass kicked so many times. I can't wait to see the look on their face when the Sea God dies.

Speaking of which, Guts is really in for some trouble.

Can't wait til 7/8!

Whoa, that's super cool. I love the panels of the insides of the Sea God a lot. I'm interested to learn what the Captain says during the battle because for them to retreat so easily is suspicious. I mean, this isn't taking anything away from the fact that Isidro fought well against him, it's just ... too convenient if you think of all those threatening super-slugs in the Captain's arsenal. I cannot wait to read this in paper form!

EDIT: Another thought with regard to the Sea God to come out - I know there's mention of it being aggravated perhaps because of Guts' intrusion inside especially because it can figure his intent to kill, but maybe the Sea God is out to sort of attack the ship or hold that against Guts' success inside. "If you kill me, I'll swat your friends out there like a fly ... so get out!" - something on those grounds? Lot of Ifs and Buts :???:

IncantatioN said:
EDIT: Another thought with regard to the Sea God to come out - I know there's mention of it being aggravated perhaps because of Guts' intrusion inside especially because it can figure his intent to kill, but maybe the Sea God is out to sort of attack the ship or hold that against Guts' success inside. "If you kill me, I'll swat your friends out there like a fly ... so get out!" - something on those grounds? Lot of Ifs and Buts :???:

I was thinking the same thing, however, I was thinking maybe along the lines of schierke's having to use her powers to help guts.. perhaps the sea god senses this and is attempting to disrupt guts's activities through reaching her.

Maybe. I'm inclined to think it's not in the best interest of the Sea God for him to have Shierke separate from Guts in their current attack-mode. It'll get Guts to go wild uncontrollably, killing the Sea God quicker X'D.

Also curious to see what the Moonlight Boy and Isma have in store in the next episode(s).

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
I just read it and it was great! Those eyes on the heart really do look creepy. Of all the threats that appeared, I"m more inclined of the Jellyfish. Hopefully, by the next episode, we have a good look at the Sea God.

Awesome episode !!! Can't wait to see the dialog between the boss and Isidro. I loved page 7 with Isidro threw the mini bombs into the tentacle.

Th3Branded0ne said:
Those eyes on the heart really do look creepy.
They sure are scary :D.

Thank god we have another episode next week. I can't wait to see what the sea god looks like!!!

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Great episode! I loved the moment when Isidro threw the bomb into the sea cucumber and Puck put in ear plugs. :ganishka: The moment when the Sea God opened its eyes was incredibly creepy. I really hope Guts or Schierke get a chance to speak with it.

Think we'll see the merrows next episode?

Rhombaad said:
Great episode! I loved the moment when Isidro threw the bomb into the sea cucumber and Puck put in ear plugs. :ganishka:

Haha Nice !! I didn't notice that :ubik:

Rhombaad said:
Think we'll see the merrows next episode?

I'm guessing we'll get to see the Sea god in the next episode (i think he will be quite pissed off because Guts is messing with his heart :ganishka:)
Then in the episode after that hopefully we'll see some merrows action.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Love this episode. It was funny when the pirate captain pulled the thing out of his head with his beard. And yea the sea god is looking more and more creepy/monstrous/dangerous.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Gobolatula said:
I love all these victories against the pirates. They've got their ass kicked so many times. I can't wait to see the look on their face when the Sea God dies.

After Isma throws the compass in his face, he says that if he weren't a tentacle he'd be dead. Later on his crew tells him that they don't want to die twice and that if he wants to do it, he should do it alone. As they leave, he says "see you again". Then Magnifico asks if it's finished. :iva:

Inside the Sea God, Guts comments on how the air is heavy. He can't breathe well. His body feels heavy, like being in water. Schierke remarks that the heart is palpitating faster.

IncantatioN said:
Whoa, that's super cool. I love the panels of the insides of the Sea God a lot. I'm interested to learn what the Captain says during the battle because for them to retreat so easily is suspicious.

He says they'll meet again, but really, there's nothing suspicious about their retreat given the beating they took. And the sea slugs you mention were unable to attack because of Farnese's spell.

IncantatioN said:
EDIT: Another thought with regard to the Sea God to come out - I know there's mention of it being aggravated perhaps because of Guts' intrusion inside especially because it can figure his intent to kill, but maybe the Sea God is out to sort of attack the ship or hold that against Guts' success inside. "If you kill me, I'll swat your friends out there like a fly ... so get out!" - something on those grounds?

There's no reason to think it was aggravated by Guts' intrusion before he reached the heart (since it has eyes and can seemingly see Guts directly). As for attacking the ship, I think it's doing so very simply because its "beard" can't reach it and has been beaten back yet again. It's probably (and logically) pissed off and has decided to end it once and for all. I highly doubt it's planning on bargaining with Guts in the way you describe...

Tenfarther said:
I was thinking the same thing, however, I was thinking maybe along the lines of schierke's having to use her powers to help guts.. perhaps the sea god senses this and is attempting to disrupt guts's activities through reaching her.

Again, that seems a far more tortuous reasoning than the logical course of action I described earlier (tentacles can't beat the ship, so the Sea God is going to take it on directly).

IncantatioN said:
Maybe. I'm inclined to think it's not in the best interest of the Sea God for him to have Schierke separate from Guts in their current attack-mode. It'll get Guts to go wild uncontrollably, killing the Sea God quicker X'D.

Honestly, I'm pretty sure the Sea God's heart is done for no matter what happens outside. However, octopuses usually have 3 hearts, and the one Guts is facing looks pretty small to me compared to its size, so he might have to hack a few more hearts before the thing dies for good.

Rus said:
I'm guessing we'll get to see the Sea god in the next episode (i think he will be quite pissed off because Guts is messing with his heart :ganishka:)

And because its "beard" has been mangled some more, like I've been saying.

Graywords

Bettychu, I choose YOU!
Rus said:
Awesome episode !!! Can't wait to see the dialog between the boss and Isidro.

Oh, that silly pirate captain. He tries to explain how thick and manly his and his crew's tentacles are, and how they can pierce any membrane... only to get interrupted. :ubik:

Graywords said:
Oh, that silly pirate captain. He tries to explain how thick and manly he and his crew's tentacles are, and how they can pierce any membrane... only to get interrupted. :ubik:

Awesome ! Thank you (now i want to read the dialog even more :ganishka:).
I don't know, looking at this episode, i can't help but think that Miura has a lot of fun when he draws Isma.

Graywords

Bettychu, I choose YOU!
Rus said:
Awesome ! Thank you (now i want to read the dialog even more :ganishka:).
Oh, he also does the typical "not bad, we could use someone like you, maybe you could join us?" bad guy schtick. Isidro the tentacle pirate... yeah, not so much.

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
Another awesome one! I'm getting spoiled. I feel like we've been seeing a lot more Berserk than usual.

The eyes on the heart are crazy. Put that thing through the shredder and get outta there Guts!

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
Seriously, I have no fucking idea how Guts is gonna kill that thing and escape safely. If he kills the Sea God, it's probably going to collapse, with Guts inside. Imagine if that thing starts sinking. Guts is gonna have to chop his way out quickly. I really do feel like Guts is in danger.

Oburi

All praise Grail
I still can't believe the Pirate Captain took off again. I really thought that was the final showdown. I really have no idea when, how and to whome he's going to finally meet his demise at. All I know is I hope it's soon.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Gobolatula said:
Seriously, I have no fucking idea how Guts is gonna kill that thing and escape safely. If he kills the Sea God, it's probably going to collapse, with Guts inside. Imagine if that thing starts sinking. Guts is gonna have to chop his way out quickly. I really do feel like Guts is in danger.
It's a good question, but I imagine the arm cannon will come in handy.

Oburi said:
I still can't believe the Pirate Captain took off again. I really thought that was the final showdown. I really have no idea when, how and to whome he's going to finally meet his demise at. All I know is I hope it's soon.
He's a part of the Sea God. He will die along with it.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Considering Guts' travels through the Sea God's body so far it wouldn't surprise me if he exits through the back door. :carcus: :magni:

Oburi said:

Your disappointment at the Boss' survival is awfully close to mutiny, bucko! :badbone:

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
Isma in action! I loved the look on Isidro's face when he's lighting the bomb after she threw gunpowder in, it's like "oh... yeah good idea... "

Great episode. good mix between humorous (pirates, earplugs ...) and ominous (maddening, raging heart beat, emergence of the sea god...) scenes

I've written down the japanase script. Since the translation thread is not open yet, I post the link here :
http://j.reinhard.free.fr/b322.txt
Hope this helps...

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
jaken said:
Great episode. good mix between humorous (pirates, earplugs ...) and ominous (maddening, raging heart beat, emergence of the sea god...) scenes

I've written down the japanase script. Since the translation thread is not open yet, I post the link here :
http://j.reinhard.free.fr/b322.txt
Hope this helps...
Wow! I really appreciate the effort here in transcribing the text. Me and Aaz normally do that behind the scenes, but this saves us a lot of time. However, I'm unable to view the Japanese characters, since it's in a plain text file. Would you mind PMing me or Aazealh the transcription? Thanks again!

Great episode! So it's hearts beating faster/strangely? Closer to the climax of the ritual? I don't believe the Sea God is aware of Guts intrusion personally unless it was pr oven shown somewhere i missed. Guts simply went right inside his mouth and he snapped down. There was that cut in the stomach but maybe the Sea God can't feel it, it would be cool if it's behaviour was having something to do with the ritual and more information on that was found out (and maybe moonlight boy?).

Do you think it is safe to assume that mesh of sea creature tentacles is "Sea God- Inner" final boss? Also assuming there is a yet to be revealed main tentacle head)

Draculoid said:
Great episode! So it's hearts beating faster/strangely? Closer to the climax of the ritual? I don't believe the Sea God is aware of Guts intrusion personally unless it was pr oven shown somewhere i missed. Guts simply went right inside his mouth and he snapped down. There was that cut in the stomach but maybe the Sea God can't feel it, it would be cool if it's behaviour was having something to do with the ritual and more information on that was found out (and maybe moonlight boy?).

Do you think it is safe to assume that mesh of sea creature tentacles is "Sea God- Inner" final boss? Also assuming there is a yet to be revealed main tentacle head)

Given that the Sea Gods heart has eyes, it could very well be possible form it to be aware of guts. And a cut through the stomach hurts, no matter how big something is.
The heart beeting faster could just be the Sea God breaking out of the island. It has just woken up and is now starting to move, so it's just natural that its pulse is going up.

Top Bottom