What if there were 2 Sets of God "hands"

I was browsing tvtropes (who hasn't? :griffnotevil:) and I clumsily came across a "Wild Mass Guessing" for Berserk, which seemed to be a bunch of fans figuring out/forecasting ideas in Berserk.

Most of them seemed pretty silly, but I did like the one someone contributed:
God Hand has a "good" equivalent
Each time it gains a new member, some badass who was supposed to die in the process ends up surviving, becoming a member of an opposing force. As such, in addition to Guts and Skull Knight, there are three other such people.

Aside from it being a flimsy way to recruit a counter to the known Godhand, it seems clear that Guts's surviving is exceptional (we can't say for sure what the Skull Knight's deal is)... anyway, I did think the idea of an unmentioned other Godhand was pretty neat. After all, polarity (and two hands instead of there just being one) makes sense to me. Agree, disagree?

The link to this and other Berserk "WMG"s is here: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/WMG/Berserk There didn't seem to be a way to credit, so I figured I'd bring it up instead of just throwing the idea out without being honest of where it came from :farnese:

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
I disagree, since we havent seen any of those survivors. And when the eclipse happened, ubik even said that they could not predict skullknight's appearance, nor was there any GH member suggesting someone surviving before .

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
spineylamb said:
I was browsing tvtropes (who hasn't? :griffnotevil:)

Anybody with an ounce of self-respect? :azan:

spineylamb said:
Aside from it being a flimsy way to recruit a counter to the known Godhand, it seems clear that Guts's surviving is exceptional (we can't say for sure what the Skull Knight's deal is)... anyway, I did think the idea of an unmentioned other Godhand was pretty neat. After all, polarity (and two hands instead of there just being one) makes sense to me. Agree, disagree?

That's an old, baseless theory that doesn't make much sense nowadays. There are a few variations but basically it speculates that there exists a "God Hand of Good" to oppose the "God Hand of Evil" (I'll spare you the right hand, left hand analogies). Of course it touches upon the "Idea of Good" theory as well.

Anyway, not only does it trivialize what Guts went through, but it's got no basis at all in the manga. Another "God Hand" we've never seen and never heard of? Nah. Even in the tame version you cited, it supposes that 3 people "like Guts" (or the Skull Knight, which is even less likely) roam the world without us having ever been introduced to them. And by the way, there's indeed one more person who survived the Occultation ceremony, and we know her well. Name's Casca.

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
Guts should start his own group:

He's got himself, who's had friends killed and a girlfriend raped by the God Hand. He's got the power of the armor.

He's got Schierke, who got her childhood destroyed, with the power of witch magic.

He's got Skull Knight, the old king, with the power of... Skeleton magic. . .

He's got Casca, who got her shit screwed up, with the power of funny noises.

And finally, the newest addition to his team, demon moon child, who lost the chance of being a regular person, with the power of telling bad stuff to go away.

And they will call themselves. . . . . "Man Hands."

Top Bottom