Guts Figma

IncantatioN said:
And, it can be ordered now ...

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10162485

... it's not Sold Out on there yet.

One of the figma policies (at least for their main line) is that the production run will be large enough to fill any preorders until about a month before its scheduled release. They had to do this after preorders for the K-ON figmas sold out in less than five minutes and managed to crash the sites of a couple of online stores.

Generally these days figmas won't sell out unless it's a limited edition run (usually packaged with a game) or if they're releasing extremely popular characters (Bakemonogatari, Madoka). Even then, in some cases they'll do a second run if the sales warrant them (Aegis from Persona 3, Drossel from Fireball, the Bakemonogatari characters).

You should be able to hold off on ordering for a few weeks if you're still on the fence at this point.

Aazealh said:
For that price I see no reason to hesitate.
Ditto, I pre-ordered it last night.

thedigitalsin said:
One of the figma policies (at least for their main line) is that the production run will be large enough to fill any preorders until about a month before its scheduled release. They had to do this after preorders for the K-ON figmas sold out in less than five minutes and managed to crash the sites of a couple of online stores.

Generally these days figmas won't sell out unless it's a limited edition run (usually packaged with a game) or if they're releasing extremely popular characters (Bakemonogatari, Madoka). Even then, in some cases they'll do a second run if the sales warrant them (Aegis from Persona 3, Drossel from Fireball, the Bakemonogatari characters).

You should be able to hold off on ordering for a few weeks if you're still on the fence at this point.
Interesting to know about those Figma productions. Almost all MegaHouse P.O.P pvc's for One Piece get sold out within minutes of it's release on the HS site at least, hence my paranoia hehe.

I've never bought a non-Art of War statue/figure that was not off eBay or Amazon or some other American/European-based site.

Would anyone like to tell me the best place to pre-order this one from? (By best, I mean the site with the most reliable shipping.)
Please and thank you.

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
Bloodyjacky said:
I've never bought a non-Art of War statue/figure that was not off eBay or Amazon or some other American/European-based site.

Would anyone like to tell me the best place to pre-order this one from? (By best, I mean the site with the most reliable shipping.)
Please and thank you.

I usually buy off ami ami. http://www.amiami.jp/shop/?set=english&vgForm=ProductInfo&sku=FIG-IPN-2541&template=default/product/e_display.html

They've got the great price of 2800 yen, and they're very reliable. I bought two Guts figmas...one for me and one for a friend. :guts: I agree, his head looks a little small. But no way am I gonna miss out on a Guts action figure!!

Aphasia

Maiku said:
Bought 3. All for me :guts:

What do you do with 3? Do you set them up like they're fighting each other? Keep one sealed?

You could make a kickass stop motion with these. I hope we get more Berserk figmas!

Aphasia said:
What do you do with 3? Do you set them up like they're fighting each other? Keep one sealed?

You could make a kickass stop motion with these. I hope we get more Berserk figmas!

Why not!

I'll display them in different poses. Maybe take one to work.

Aphasia said:
I usually buy off ami ami. http://www.amiami.jp/shop/?set=english&vgForm=ProductInfo&sku=FIG-IPN-2541&template=default/product/e_display.html

They've got the great price of 2800 yen, and they're very reliable. I bought two Guts figmas...one for me and one for a friend. :guts: I agree, his head looks a little small. But no way am I gonna miss out on a Guts action figure!!

Doesn't this site say it's only available in Japan and that they won't ship it overseas?

CCS said:
Doesn't this site say it's only available in Japan and that they won't ship it overseas?
You're wrong, they even shipped MGS Figure to Russia, so don't worry. Also like Azzealh said it's a sin not to buy Figma's figure for that price, preordered it on HLJ.

Dr.Legato

Art of War Supporter
IncantatioN said:
He looks heavy on his arms but I think it's because of his stance (curved back with his stomach pushed forward) + the thick armor that makes it look big. Wait, second look and maan, his arms are MASSIVE, outta proportion!

This is why I didnt order one :p
I like how you can use so many different poses though and the Dragonslayer looks cool as well :rakshas:

Figma Guts should be shipping soon if you've preordered him.

Also, Guts will have company soon:

griff.jpg

Aphasia

Hell yeah! That's exciting. I hope Berserk sees more of this kind of mainstream toy production. You guys are quick.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
DirectDK said:
Very cool! Likeness looks pretty good too. I'm excited to see =).

Yes indeed. Saw the pictures on 2ch yesterday but wasn't sure where they were from. I hope this is just the beginning.

http://blog.livedoor.jp/hacchaka/archives/51800396.html

Here are photos of the final figure in hand. Looks good for a mass produced figure, although it looks like the wash on his skin is going to vary, and it doesn't seem to have much drybrushing on the breastplate compared to the promotional shots.

It looks as though Guts will be getting two separate heads, which is a bit unique for figma. Instead of full heads with joints, figma typically get various faces with different expressions. You would swap them by pulling out the front hair piece, which saves some money on production costs. It seems Guts' hair was too short to be able to make the bangs removable and not have it interfere with the sculpt.

I am glad that other manufacturers will berserk figures, but I personally do not like figure. AOW are indeed very expensive but good. I hope that after berserk film, make much more figure from diferent manufactures :guts:

Top Bottom