Berserk Saga Project News

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
NightCrawler said:
Still hoping for Hirasawa Susumu to be involved in it. If not, it'll be a big letdown for me.

Of course it'll would be cool to have him again but I am not against (most definitely not against) an orchestral score! So much power in these when they are done right!

jackson_hurley said:
Of course it'll would be cool to have him again but I am not against (most definitely not against) an orchestral score! So much power in these when they are done right!

How about some Harry Gregson Williams?

Aazealh said:
Here is the studio where the film's music is being recorded: http://www.airstudios.com/studios/lyndhurst-hall.aspx

It's a prestigious place apparently. Clara_de_Porras has posted various pictures of it on Twitter (01 | 02 | 03). The names of the people working on the music will be announced later.

That place looks pretty ballin'! I am still hoping that Susumu will be involved somehow, but if it ends up being a full orchestral score, that could be really cool too. It's much better than a synth / midi orchestral score, which can be pretty convincing nowadays, but not nearly as good as the real thing!

NightCrawler

Aeons gone, vast, mad and deathless
Do we seriously need a cliched orchestral score just because it's a "medieval" movie? Susumu is perfect for Miura, therefore he is perfect for Berserk.

DirectDK said:
It's much better than a synth / midi orchestral score, which can be pretty convincing nowadays, but not nearly as good as the real thing!

Actually it's pretty much the same thing if they use high end sampling libraries. You won't notice a difference.

For those who understand spanish, what Satoshi Kon says in this video from 2:30 onwards is pretty much my stance on a soundtrack for Berserk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFFrrYPPeJ0

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
NightCrawler said:
Do we seriously need a cliched orchestral score just because it's a "medieval" movie? Susumu is perfect for Miura, therefore he is perfect for Berserk.
It's presumptuous to call this clichéd at this point. We haven't heard anything. I'm not going to discount something just because it's different from what came before. Anyway, an orchestral score fits in with this being a big theatrical release. I imagine it will sound pretty good in a big theater experience.

Truth be told, I'm kinda hoping The RZA somehow gets involved, Afro Samurai Style :troll:

Seriously looking forward to the new footage to be released soon, excited to see some new stuff! :guts:

X

Xem

berserk36 said:
so any news of this coming to usa/canada or at very lest any news of it being in english.?

Nope, I suggest re-reading the manga enough times so you know virtually every line of dialogue personally. That's where I'm at. :badbone:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
According to berserk_project it seems TOMO the TOMO will be doing the movie's theme song, and we might get to hear it soon.

Sammoniac

You taffers!
Aazealh said:
According to berserk_project it seems TOMO the TOMO will be doing the movie's theme song, and we might get to hear it soon.

This confirms the rumors that I have heard back in the days of the commercials. I listened to a few tunes back then and she didn't strike me as a music genius, but she ain't bad either. The songs I heard were very calm, which kind of doesn't fit that much with the Berserk universe. At least it might be better than the old anime's theme songs by Penpals and Silver Fins (they were okay to me on their own, but they didn't fit at all with a dark fantasy). Anyways I'm ready to give TOMO the TOMO a chance, since I don't know much of her work. The absence of news about Susumu Hirasawa is troubling though :judo:

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Sammoniac said:
The absence of news about Susumu Hirasawa is troubling though :judo:

Maybe he's busy? Anyway, I don't think there's room for him beyond some token involvement at this point, and while it would be nice to get new Berserk music from him, it could also be nice to get a different take. Hirasawa has contributed plenty of his vision in regards to Berserk already, which might also be a reason he wouldn't be involved this time, he's already been there and done it.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Sammoniac said:
At least it might be better than the old anime's theme songs by Penpals and Silver Fins

Yeah, like I said a while back it'll definitely be better than both of these as far as I'm concerned.

Clara says there'll be a significant announcement at the TGS tomorrow! Could it be a new Berserk game?! Would definitely make sense given the scope of the new project (in fact I've been wondering about it ever since the "project" was officially announced). We better keep an eye out for it!

In other news, the new TV CM is done. We'll hear more about it in the coming weeks (yeah, not so soon).

Aazealh said:
Clara says there'll be a significant announcement at the TGS tomorrow! Could it be a new Berserk game?! Would definitely make sense given the scope of the new project (in fact I've been wondering about it ever since the "project" was officially announced). We better keep an eye out for it!

In other news, the new TV CM is done. We'll hear more about it in the coming weeks (yeah, not so soon).

Wow thats exciting!! I never thought about the prospect of a new game.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
If the announcement is being made at Tokyo Game Show, it's almost certainly going to be a game tie-in to the movie. And that's awesome. Imagine -- Golden Age RTS.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Walter said:
If the announcement is being made at Tokyo Game Show, it's almost certainly going to be a game tie-in to the movie. And that's awesome. Imagine -- Golden Age RTS.

I don't think it'll necessarily be a tie-in to the movie; that'd be rather limiting.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Aazealh said:
I don't think it'll necessarily be a tie-in to the movie; that'd be rather limiting.
The only reason I suggested that is because of the timing and Clara being the one making the announcement. Those angles add up. After all, it's posted in THIS thread :guts:

But sure, it could be unrelated. Maybe something new in the vein of the PS2 game's adaptation of the manga sequences?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Walter said:
After all, it's posted in THIS thread :guts:

Hahaha yeah, point taken.

Walter said:
But sure, it could be unrelated. Maybe something new in the vein of the PS2 game's adaptation of the manga sequences?

Yeah, I'm thinking they might do something more general, in that vein. Wait & see I guess.

If it is a new game, which seems likely if it's being announced at TGS, then I would be interested to see a game based on the Golden Age Arc. Thinking about it, making Griffith, Casca and Guts all playable characters in something of a Kingdom Under Fire style game, would be fantastic.

Worst case scenario? It's a card trading game.

Guts in Soul Calibur!!! Hehe JK. Any style of game, I'll happily purchase, and play to my heart's content. For the record, I enjoyed the Dreamcast game more than the PS2 game, although I appreciated the amount of video footage they animated for the PS2 game.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
JezzaX said:
Worst case scenario? It's a card trading game.

I wouldn't mind that at all, but it seems pretty unlikely.

DirectDK said:
Any style of game, I'll happily purchase, and play to my heart's content. For the record, I enjoyed the Dreamcast game more than the PS2 game, although I appreciated the amount of video footage they animated for the PS2 game.

I second all these statements.

Top Bottom