Berserk Saga Project News

A google translate of the latest tweet

Hello, this is Clara. Tokyo Game Show 2011 presented at the mention yesterday is likely to announce to everyone at around 17 ('_ `) ♪ #

So, the announcement should be in the next couple of hours.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
It's a Capcom game! It's a collaboration on Dragon's Dogma... Not a dedicated game or anything. It seems weapons and armors from the movie will appear in the game.

http://www.capcom.co.jp/DD/collabo01.html

Hmm, some contradictory information makes me think I might have interpreted berserk_project's tweet wrong yesterday. According to this website, Susumu Hirasawa would be doing the movie's theme song! If true that should make a few people happy. :slan:

Truder

"I frown at Griffith's nipples" -Aazealh
This reminds way too much of the April fool's joke you did a few years back. :puck:

But its nowhere near April, I'm sure this time this is 100% honest and awesome news to hear! :guts: If not i will be punching a hole through my computer screen.

also, I checked the game out and it looks pretty good!

Whilst it's a shame it's not a dedicated Berserk title, it's nice to see it's getting recognition by Capcom.

Also, if Hirasawa IS doing the music, that's fantasic news

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
JezzaX said:
Whilst it's a shame it's not a dedicated Berserk title, it's nice to see it's getting recognition by Capcom.

They're also partnering with other series though, so it's not a Berserk-exclusive thing.

JezzaX said:
Also, if Hirasawa IS doing the music, that's fantasic news

It'd just be the theme song, the rest is being done by someone else (we already knew that). I'll give more info later; I'm really busy at work right now.

EDIT: Well, I guess either berserk_project's tweet about TOMO the TOMO was correct after all, or the website was ordered to take down the information because they got it too early, but in any case the article was removed. So... Sorry guys but don't expect anything for now. We'll have to wait for the official announcement to be sure.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Aazealh said:
EDIT: Well, I guess either berserk_project's tweet about TOMO the TOMO was correct after all, or the website was ordered to take down the information because they got it too early, but in any case the article was removed. So... Sorry guys but don't expect anything for now. We'll have to wait for the official announcement to be sure.

Well, with all due respect to TOMO the TOMO, I know which scenario I'm rooting for:

tomovshirasawa.jpg

:carcus:

NightCrawler

Aeons gone, vast, mad and deathless
Excellent! Hoping for those Susumu news to be true.

Today i was toying around with soundtrack type sounds (horns and percussion), just to relax from my other stuff. So i'll be presenting my unofficial proposition for stock Berserk medieval music, recorded live. The name was the first thing that came to my mind.
Obvious Poledouris influences :p

http://soundcloud.com/migueldevoid/hans-gruber-lives

Griffith

NightCrawler said:
Today i was toying around with soundtrack type sounds (horns and percussion), just to relax from my other stuff. So i'll be presenting my unofficial proposition for stock Berserk medieval music, recorded live. The name was the first thing that came to my mind.

Fitting, since Poledouris wrote the music for proto-Berserk influence Flesh + Blood. :carcus:

Anyway, nice, the opening brought the Conan theme to mind, which I think is a given in this kind of music since it always sets the right tone, though the staccato wind music from 1:30 to 2:15 is a bit challenging for this sort of music (though when I imagine bloody mayhem it works =), and other than the following quiet part and the return the the rest sort of reminds me of a blown out orchestral version of Sign of Evil from the Doom soundtrack.

Griffith said:
Well, with all due respect to TOMO the TOMO, I know which scenario I'm rooting for:

HAHAHAH, too funny. Susumu is 10000 times greater than Tomo the Tomo. I really hope Susumu is involved.

Aazealh said:

I can't help it at this point!!! Aaz, I wasn't able to click on the link when the article was up, but was it an article SOLELY to announce Susumu, or was it an article about various things? I ask, because if it was an article that talked about a few things Berserk, then having the entire article removed would suggest Susumu IS really doing some music for it, and it was leaked information. Because otherwise, they would have just corrected that section of the article to read Tomo the Tomo instead. No?

Aazealh said:
It's a Capcom game! It's a collaboration on Dragon's Dogma... Not a dedicated game or anything. It seems weapons and armors from the movie will appear in the game.

BAH! That's a let down for me. Although Dragon's Dogma looks to be awesome game (lots of hype about it on the video game blogs), I was really hoping for a full fledged Berserk game. I guess, too good to be true at this point!

At least in the Animenewsnetwork there's Susumu noted as the man for the music. :daiba: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=12397
And i still see the possibility of her singing the theme song with Susumu as the producer of the whole score and the theme song.

X

Xem

DaBakerMann said:
Well does this piece of info confirm that at least Hirasawa is writing the theme? http://www.berserkfilm.com/news/?p=122

Bad translation:

Music staff determines! Mr. Susumu Hirasawa theme song, poetry 鷺巣 Akira music! !
Music staff finally decided!
Susumu Hirasawa said the theme song, we decided to charge Mr. Shiro鷺巣poetry and music.
Mr. Hirasawa was broadcast in 1997 TV anime "Berserk Wind Sword Legend"中歌responsible for any drama.
Mr.鷺巣the one in "Neon Genesis re Won the New Century" and "BLEACH" in addition to, and support the Japanese music scene for over 30 years, such as providing music artists a number of visualizing a true world of Berserk become worthy of his wife and gorgeous! ! ● Mr. Susumu Hirasawa Comment world of Berserk is in the dark jigsaw puzzle was kind of paved the base of my daily creative activities, we share a lot of pieces. So I without changing any of the creative attitude, can work as a composer in his own face. This is a very lucky thing. Thanks to the teachers and all interested parties have hired me again下Satta Miura. Akira Comments ● poetry鷺巣 grand nor write, "Berserk" and we'll be in charge of music, dark fantasy lovers, we experience the fulfillment濃密Naru than ever. So many battles, even against themselves (the will) in the heart dictates, and even as the music is played and the original director迫Rubeku in philosophy, always aiming at heights, we strive? ! Staff Pages ▼

Griffith

Sounds good, I'm happy Hirasawa is indeed involved, it's only fitting that he should get the theme song.

NightCrawler

Aeons gone, vast, mad and deathless
Griffith said:
Fitting, since Poledouris wrote the music for proto-Berserk influence Flesh + Blood. :carcus:

Anyway, nice, the opening brought the Conan theme to mind, which I think is a given since it always sets the right tone, though the staccato wind music from 1:30 to 2:15 is a bit challenging for this sort of music (though when I imagine blood spraying mayhem it works =), and other than the following quiet part and the return the the rest sort of reminds me of a blown out orchestral version of Sign of Evil from the Doom soundtrack.

Wow Griff, wasn't expecting such an in-depth analysis. Thank you :)
The staccato section would probably work best on a Alien movie, not a medieval fantasy one. The melodic quiet middle section was the one that gave me the most pleasure to make. The low brass note that comes at 2:45 to disrupt the melody into a more serious tone is my favorite.

As for what really matters, i couldn't be more happy with the news! :guts: Well, yes i could, if Susumu did the whole soundtrack. As it is, it's still awesome news! Something in the vein of Forces (1 and 2), Sign or Indra would be amazing. But i pretty much worship everything he does, from Mandrake to P-Model to his solo stuff and every OST he did.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
NightCrawler said:

Not half-bad. Why not give it a serious shot? Make a full soundtrack and post it in Creation Station. :slan:

DirectDK said:
I can't help it at this point!!! Aaz, I wasn't able to click on the link when the article was up, but was it an article SOLELY to announce Susumu, or was it an article about various things? I ask, because if it was an article that talked about a few things Berserk, then having the entire article removed would suggest Susumu IS really doing some music for it, and it was leaked information. Because otherwise, they would have just corrected that section of the article to read Tomo the Tomo instead. No?

Sorry I wasn't able to reply sooner. It was basically the same announcement that's now on the official website, revealing that Shirô Sagisu is doing the music and that Susumu Hirasawa is doing the main theme.

DirectDK said:
BAH! That's a let down for me. Although Dragon's Dogma looks to be awesome game (lots of hype about it on the video game blogs), I was really hoping for a full fledged Berserk game. I guess, too good to be true at this point!

Yeah, a full fledged Berserk game would have been nice, but that would have likely been an announcement on its own. Like Walter pointed out yesterday, the fact it was announced by Clara already implied it would be a tie-in to the movie and not a bigger project.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Awesome news! :ubik: Shiro Sagisu is one of my favorite composers (the music he wrote for the Evangelion Rebuild movies is amazing) and it's great to hear that Susumu Hirasawa is involved in the project!

Top Bottom