THEY ARE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.berserkfilm.com/news/?p=181

this one is pretty cool
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lF2GaxlyNvk

THIS ONE ROCKS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POaFuuuwgV4

More or less what's being said:

Clip 1
Charlotte: I love it...I truly love it...
Casca: I love...I love Berserk!
Announcer: The newest volume of the critically acclaimed Berserk series is now on sale. And there's a movie coming soon!

Clip 2
Casca: This is bad!
Guts: What's wrong?
Griffith: What's wrong?
Announcer: The newest volume of the critically acclaimed Berserk series is now on sale.
Griffith/Guts: That's no problem at all!
Announcer: And there's a movie coming soon!

Thanks for the translation thedigitalsin! Why is Casca saying she loves Berserk, though?

Too bad they uploaded this at only 360p. I mean, since this is TV, we can assume standard def. But at least 480p would have been nice! Ah well. now I guess we have to wait another 2 months before new footage, lol!

I'm happy for now though!

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
That kiss one is... uh.... ugh. I enjoyed the "special" one though. But the way they're treating the action sequences sort of reminds me of a Zack Snyder movie, and that sort of scares me.

DirectDK said:
Thanks for the translation thedigitalsin! Why is Casca saying she loves Berserk, though?

Too bad they uploaded this at only 360p. I mean, since this is TV, we can assume standard def. But at least 480p would have been nice! Ah well. now I guess we have to wait another 2 months before new footage, lol!

I'm happy for now though!

The commercials are cross promotion of the manga and the films. Since vol. 36 is out, the film dialogue was dubbed over to hype that up. It was done in a hammy way; couple that with the lines used and it's more or less guaranteed that none of the lines used in these clips will appear in the films.

Great stuff, thanks for posting and the translations! Running back quick definitely paid off :guts:

On the 'Special', at 0:07 - it kiiiiiiiiinda looks like that purple haze picture of Guts standing in front of SK without his shirt that's on the official website banner. At the beginning of the clip, Guts has his helmet on, but he doesn't in the manga. Griffith appears with his helmet on in the clip in both scenes, but he doesn't in the manga.

Walter said:
That kiss one is... uh.... ugh. I enjoyed the "special" one though. But the way they're treating the action sequences sort of reminds me of a Zack Snyder movie, and that sort of scares me.

I feel the exact same way. :-/

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Walter said:
That kiss one is... uh.... ugh.

Yeah, these were far more cheesy than I would have liked. Oh well.

Walter said:
But the way they're treating the action sequences sort of reminds me of a Zack Snyder movie, and that sort of scares me.

Well, we are seeing things move by pretty quickly. I wouldn't worry too much about it. Some dynamism in the action sequences should be expected, and as long as they're well done, I'll be okay with them. I don't think we'll stray into crappy territory akin to Snyder.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
IncantatioN said:
On the 'Special', at 0:07 - it kiiiiiiiiinda looks like that purple haze picture of Guts standing in front of SK without his shirt that's on the official website banner.
Yes, it's pretty obvious due to the fog/purple/shirt off that that's the scene with SK.

I'd take some screencaps for comparison's sake, but the low (320p) resolution isn't really pretty when sized properly. I'd rather wait until a 720p clip surfaces. But maybe I'll get bored...

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Walter said:
Yes, it's pretty obvious due to the fog/purple/shirt off that that's the scene with SK.

Yep, that pretty much throws my stretch/theory of a photoshopped promotional image right out the window.

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
I love the footage from these commercials a lot more than I like the silly audio. I don't think we're getting a good glimpse of what these VAs can do.

Ugh I'm still grumpy from losing that quiz. That cost me big time.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Sammoniac said:
It would be cool to have a montage with all the footage we've seen so far. Griffith, maybe you can give it a go? You got good skills in that department :slan:

I already did the editing on these new CMs. Couldn't you tell? :troll:

DirectDK said:
Griff, you're up next. :griffnotevil:

I can't improve on perfection. :griffnotevil: Even musical enhancements aside, your version is way more effective than their edit. I mean, the point is to build excitement and anticipation, right? Not come to an abrupt stop and go like the video crashed.

So, yeah, the sound editing on these CMs was... unique...ly bad. I guess the stops and starts were supposed to draw attention to the ads we were seeing, but it just made the viewing experience more unpleasant than it should have been (along with some other odd choices, like naked Guts breathing). But, who cares about the quality of the commercials themselves? Most of the footage looked promising, the voices sounded fine, some of the CGI looked a little weird, and was I the only one that thought it sounded like Guts and Griffith had performed the fusion dance when they were simultaneously speaking during their attack on Zodd? =) Who, by the way, I'm guessing is going to have his fur skivvies from volume 22.

DirectDK said:
CUZ WE ALL LOVE SUSUMU! =)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkPSVzMUZDc

Griff, you're up next. :griffnotevil:

Much better. :ubik: I have to say though I'm not a fan of the new voice actors, and the characters so far look good but I think they could do a little better....... right?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I got bored.

cm6-2.jpg

cm6-1.jpg

cm6-4.jpg

cm7-3.jpg

cm7-4.jpg

cm7-5.jpg

cm7-2.jpg

cm6-3.jpg

cm7-1.jpg

cm7-6a.jpg

Oburi

All praise Grail
Griffith said:
But, who cares about the quality of the commercials themselves? Most of the footage looked promising, the voices sounded fine, some of the CGI looked a little weird, and was I the only one that thought it sounded like Guts and Griffith had performed the fusion dance when they were simultaneously speaking during their attack on Zodd? =) Who, by the way, I'm guessing is going to have his fur skivvies from volume 22.

Yea, the footage itself looked pretty cool. For the first time I can honestly say I'm enjoying the look of the animation for the most part. The commercials themselves were terrible with the stop. and. go. So thank you DK! That's what I'll be showing people!

Walter said:
I got bored.

Woot! Love scaps! These are looking very nice! Looking at the stills, the "Kiss" trailer actually had some beautiful shots. Just the awkward editing and unrelated voice overs took away from it. Thanks for uploading these!

Oburi said:
So thank you DK! That's what I'll be showing people!

Hahaha, FO SHO! :serpico:

I agree with what's been said so far, the editing and voice overs are a bit of a let down (but I believe the voices will fit their characters) and the footage itself is looking good.

I think the close up and slow moving shots of the characters look fantastic, but the fast moving action seems to make some odd angle choices and doesn't 'quite' live up to the quality of the rest of it, due to the CG. Still, at least we're going to get fully animated action sequences this time around and not a load of shouting and grunts over a static shot.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
DirectDK said:
ACTUALLY! It's possible! Cuz everything's a little bit more perfect when SKULLKNIGHT is involved!!! :SK:

Version 2!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X60V733uqDM​
Studio 4C, give this man a job! Such a huge improvement... Great work, DK!

Truder

"I frown at Griffith's nipples" -Aazealh
I added version 2 to my favorites :3

I'll be showing it to my buddys who've only watched the anime. :guts:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
DirectDK said:
- Guts's voice in "Special" sounds pretty good to me. I'm happy with it thus far! :guts:
- Casca's voice in "Special" also sounds pretty good. Has decent presence. Not too high or whiny. She sounded a bit weird in the "Kiss" commercial though, but maybe because the editing made it so abrupt, and that is a pretty emotional scene right there...
- Charlotte's voice is annoying as heck, but well, I guess it's kinda fitting. =P

Agreed. I like Guts and Casca's voices so far. The editing for the 2 CMs is pretty bad and what they went for (comedic effect, the whole thing's just missing a "record scratch" sound effect to top it off) isn't necessarily very pertinent, but the footage itself was nice enough.

Sammoniac said:
I also can't help but love the CG parts.

The soldiers on horseback at the end of the "Kiss Kiss" CM don't look so hot to me. Kind of reminded me of a Fire Emblem attack sequence at first glance.

DirectDK said:
thedigitalsin said:
The commercials are cross promotion of the manga and the films. Since vol. 36 is out, the film dialogue was dubbed over to hype that up. It was done in a hammy way; couple that with the lines used and it's more or less guaranteed that none of the lines used in these clips will appear in the films.

Yeah, I didn't post about it but they'd announced on Twitter that the lines had been recorded specifically for the CMs. They're obviously not going to be in the movie.

Dar Klink said:
Ooh man is it just me or did they fix ol' Zoddy's horns from that leaked shot? :zodd:

Looks like it! That's reassuring. Hopefully all those kinks will be worked out by the time the film is released.

Griffith said:
Who, by the way, I'm guessing is going to have his fur skivvies from volume 22.

From the little footage we have, it seems they might also just try to keep his manly parts in the shadows for the duration of the fight. It would be more difficult, obviously, but approved by myself!

DirectDK said:
ACTUALLY! It's possible! Cuz everything's a little bit more perfect when SKULLKNIGHT is involved!!! :SK:

Version 2!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X60V733uqDM​

Hehe, that's mah man! Walter's right, these guys should totally hire you. :casca:

NightCrawler

Aeons gone, vast, mad and deathless
I think it looks/sounds pretty embarrassing. Not really enjoying it at all. Too clean. Unconvincing CG. Why the silly voice acting?

Top Bottom