Berserk Saga Project News

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Blues said:
Regarding Jay, I think a lot of people read too much into my statement at the end, being more directed at his website/title/..knitting profession than say, a knock on his actual contribution to the film which up until the clips I had no concept to comment on.

That's not his website, he's just listed there as a member. You're the one who read too much into something and then spread misinformation. Anyway I personally don't mind the guy at all. Like Walter said, it's encouraging that they bothered hiring a consultant in the first place.

http://www.cinematopics.com/cinema/works/output2.php?oid=12273

ジュドー役:梶裕貴
リッケルト役:寿美菜子
ピピン役:藤原貴弘
コルカス役:松本ヨシロウ
ガストン役:矢尾一樹
シャルロット役:豊崎愛生
ユリウスおよびアドン役:小山力也(一人二役)
ゾッド役:三宅健太

Judeau: Yuuki Kaji
Rickert: Minako Kotobuki
Pippin: Takahiro Fujiwara
Corkus: Yoshirou Matsumoto
Gaston: Kazuki Yao
Charlotte: Aki Toyosaki
Julius/Adon: Rikiya Koyama
Zodd: Kenta Miyake

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
thedigitalsin said:
Zodd: Kenta Miyake

I'm glad Zodd is getting a new voice actor. I didn't like the previous seiyuu's interpretation of Zodd at all. I like what I've heard Kenta Miyake do in the past, so I think it's a good choice.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Rhombaad said:
I'm glad Zodd is getting a new voice actor. I didn't like the previous seiyuu's interpretation of Zodd at all.

I didn't mind how they voiced him in his human form, but I didn't like the way they handled his apostle form at all.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
voodoo_sh said:
Could someone explain which voices (seiyuu) in Berserk will remain the same as in 1997, and which are changed to new ?
No one will be returning. It is an all new cast. But I made a list just to double check for you:

Guts: Hiroaki Iwanaga ( was: Hayashi Nobutoshi)
Griffith: Takahiro Sakurai ( was: Morikawa Toshiyuki)
Casca: Toa Yukinari ( was: Miyamura Yuko)
Judeau: Yuuki Kaji ( was: Ishida Akira)
Rickert: Minako Kotobuki ( was: Yajima Akiko)
Pippin: Takahiro Fujiwara ( was: Amada Masuo)
Corkus: Yoshirou Matsumoto ( was: Nishimura Hoko)
Gaston: Kazuki Yao ( was: Kawanakako Masato)
Charlotte: Aki Toyosaki ( was: Shiratori Yuri)
Julius/Adon: Rikiya Koyama ( was: Mizuno Ryuji)
Zodd: Kenta Miyake ( was: Utsumi Kenji)

Walter said:
No one will be returning. It is an all new cast. But I made a list just to double check for you:

Guts: Hiroaki Iwanaga ( was: Hayashi Nobutoshi)
Griffith: Takahiro Sakurai ( was: Morikawa Toshiyuki)
Casca: Toa Yukinari ( was: Miyamura Yuko)
Judeau: Yuuki Kaji ( was: Ishida Akira)
Rickert: Minako Kotobuki ( was: Yajima Akiko)
Pippin: Takahiro Fujiwara ( was: Amada Masuo)
Corkus: Yoshirou Matsumoto ( was: Nishimura Hoko)
Gaston: Kazuki Yao ( was: Kawanakako Masato)
Charlotte: Aki Toyosaki ( was: Shiratori Yuri)
Julius/Adon: Rikiya Koyama ( was: Mizuno Ryuji)
Zodd: Kenta Miyake ( was: Utsumi Kenji)

Although I'll miss Ishida Akira's Judeau, I am still really looking forward to hearing the new cast in action. Also, the official site was just updated to include comments from the newly announced cast members. As with Guts, Griffith, and Caska, the comments include small images as well. I believe some of the images are new: http://www.berserkfilm.com/about/cast.html

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
RaWManiac said:
we'll just have to wait and see until the third movie i guess...
It's possible we'll hear their voices in the second movie, depending on whether it ends after Griffith hears them calling to him while imprisoned.

I think it's a good thing they're recasting these roles. It's a new project with new staff. Let's get some new talent in there as well.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Some more pictures can be found here for those curious: http://news.thetv.jp/article/25108/photo08.html

And because I'm such a nice guy, here they all are, at your convenience:

20111005233535_00_400.jpg
20111005233617_05_400.jpg

20111005233535_01_400.jpg
20111005233617_06_400.jpg

20111005233536_02_400.jpg
20111005233617_07_400.jpg

20111005233536_03_400.jpg
20111005233617_08_400.jpg

20111005233536_04_400.jpg

I think the images look great. My personal, emotional reactions to the images are all positive for all the characters. Julius is not the sort of character, to me, that I would be upset if he looked a little different. I am not passionate about his role in the story "that way." I am however passionate that he look brooding and mischievous, and generally identifiable which he is here. It is not a difference of a bad sort, merely a difference of just that, being different. Once we all slip into the flow of the animation that another board member here spoke of, we will all coast throughout the movie and very likely its sequels with no trouble at all.

The first note that I made, and continue to make the more information we receive, is the difference in money between this project and the TV series. It is very obvious, and I mean this in the best way possible. Everything looks so fantastic. Imagine how the Eclipse might be with this budget and detail, whereas in the 90s series, there were limitations. Much of this project stands to expand and elaborate on scenes we could only have imagined. I believe it was Aazealh that suggested we imagine seeing the Sea God animated. Speechless-rendering, Indeed!

I was iffy about that shot of Judeau the first time I saw it, but like much of this animation, it is becoming something very comfortable with me.

Pippin seems to me to be taken a bit more seriously than his 90s counterpart, which I occasionally took to be a rask generic, token if you will, burly group member.

Rickert looks the best of everyone in my opinion. He impressed me the most with the rest of the Band of the Hawk in that poster, and steals the cake here as well.

Charlotte was the type of character that didn't look very "difficult" to mess up in the show, and I see some of that here. But this just how my eyes see the importance of her design, whereas I'm sure some of you might be a great deal more invested in her design. What I do take away from her shot here though, is the environmental detail. It suggests we are in for so many architectural and landscape treats.

Corkus, not that his face wasn't like this in the TV series, but it looks more obvious to relate him with the pessimism and negativity of his character than before. I think it will be very easy for him to quickly instill those character traits right off with the aid of his unfriendly facial features, if such a thing could be noticed.

Gaston looks just fine here. I know he was SIC to the Hawks' Radiers(?) but I never really felt I got to know him that well in the story, so his exactness and detail is not as high as some of the more main characters. I will still be looking out for his ponytail, identifiable nose, and large lips to match up with some of the panels I've read when the time comes, but I have no doubt he will look like himself when most everyone else does.

And lastly there's Zodd. When his CM came out, I was not the most pleased with his appearance, but I supposed I should have counted my blessings at the sheer abundance in movement we were getting from him considering how sneakily he had been animated in his fight with Guts and Griffith. I loved that fight in the TV series, but as you all know, utilization of moving things could often be tasked to an audio-accompanying oil-paint-ish "still." I will reserve disliking his appearance here, because I do not dislike it, but I still side with my gut at the moment that something does not look quite right about him yet.

I really like these pics. :ubik: I feel that this adaptation will definitely be better than the '97 anime.
I also like the way they did character designs. Miura's drawing style is always changing, but they could find the perfect design which is both realistic and anime-like enough (and also resembles Miura's style well.)

By the way, doesn't Judo have some freckles on his nose? His face looks just too clean on that pic.
Charlotte looks good but it's a pity they gave her annoying voice again... But never mind, that's how she is.

And I know it's early but I'd really like to see some shots of those characters who were left out from the old anime (especially Silat and his "performance"). I wonder until which movie do we have to wait to see him or Wyald... 3 maybe?

Aazealh said:
And because I'm such a nice guy, here they all are, at your convenience:

SOOOO PREEETTTTTYYY. These screenshots make me happy. Oh how I miss these characters. They all look so expressive! I'm digging these designs for sure! And the 1:85:1 aspect ratio is just soooo nice. Man, I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THIS ON THE BIG SCREEN!!!

Top Bottom