Berserk Saga Project News

X

Xem

I like this one in particular,

20111005233617_08_400.jpg

The way the steam is coming off the pot and Carcus' food is amazing, and the thin line work looks beautiful. I also love the shots with Rickert and the backdrops are all pleasant.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
20111005233536_02_400.jpg

Looks like the above, seemingly anachronistic, shot could re-open the case of the mysterious old lady.

Though, the image of what looks too much like young Griff not to be is far more conclusive. Rickert could still be having a scene with the fortune teller (though they don't converse in the manga) and/or her traveling companions from volume 12, which could be as simple as a change of scenery for that scene, or... a complete addition.
Here's a theory, maybe the reason she looks like all and none of the old hags is because they're combining them into one uber-hag. :griffnotevil:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Griffith said:
Looks like the above, seemingly anachronistic, shot could re-open the case of the mysterious old lady.
Yep. I've been looking through early volumes this morning, trying to place that shot. Pretty sure it's either a new scene or at least an existing scene transposed into a new environment. He's wearing the outfit seen in volume 12 when he's with the traveling troupe. But he didn't go back to a city after the king made the Hawks outlaws.

Looks like Rickert is incognito. Maybe he is with the troupe simply in a village with a stone mill, church, or some other building that would be built stronger than a regular wood frame peasant house. Every other building in the area that we can't see could be poor villager wooden housing. Also the walking woman's hood is not the same color as the hag's/fortuneteller's/old woman's, so she could just be a random villager. In the still at least Rickert does not seem to be paying any attention to her suggesting a person simply there for background/ambient purposes.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Emp_Gaiseric said:
Also the walking woman's hood is not the same color as the hag's/fortuneteller's/old woman's, so she could just be a random villager.
A random villager who just so happens to get a foreboding-looking moment in the 30 second trailer? Extremely unlikely.

turkitage

ターク
Shadow8 said:
In the movie, Are we going to see Idea of ​​Evil?

There's been no mention of it and I really doubt it will be in any of the movies especially if they are trying to stay faithful to the manga (and Miura's requests). Besides, he has not reintroduced it to the manga after several volumes of mentioning it for his reasons like -limiting story/giving away too much plot, etc. So, because we haven't reseen it in the manga that would (to me) give even more reason for it not being mentioned in the movies.

Edit: Or the simple answer: No, absolutely not.

Truder

"I frown at Griffith's nipples" -Aazealh
Where's Judo's Freckles? He looks too much like Serpico! :mozgus: *throws a chair*

Jk, I have hope that they will fix that, seeing as how they've fixed Zodd's horns already.

Guts correct sword and armor should be the top priority on their fix list though.

Griffith

Emp_Gaiseric said:
Also the walking woman's hood is not the same color as the hag's/fortuneteller's/old woman's, so she could just be a random villager. In the still at least Rickert does not seem to be paying any attention to her suggesting a person simply there for background/ambient purposes.

Yeah, I wouldn't think she's anything more than that.

Walter said:
A random villager who just so happens to get a foreboding-looking moment in the 30 second trailer? Extremely unlikely.

He's talking about the woman in the background of that Rickert shot, which is a bit confusing since it's not like anybody was making more of her.

Turkitage said:
There's been no mention of it and I really doubt it will be in any of the movies especially if they are trying to stay faithful to the manga (and Miura's requests). Besides, he has not reintroduced it to the manga after several volumes of mentioning it for his reasons like -limiting story/giving away too much plot, etc. So, because we haven't reseen it in the manga that would (to me) give even more reason for it not being mentioned in the movies.

Edit: Or the simple answer: No, absolutely not.

Simply wrong. The Idea of Evil does appear briefly in volume 13, so if they really want to be faithful to the manga it will appear just the same in the movies.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Turkitage said:
Besides, he has not reintroduced it to the manga

In addition to what Griffith rightly pointed out (that the Idea of Evil appears in the manga at the end of episode 82), the Idea of Evil was referenced in episode titles in volume 20 ("Shadow of Idea") and was directly hinted at by Flora in volume 24 (as being the master of the beherits).

Miura removed episode 83 because he felt it revealed too much about the world too early in the story. He never said the Idea of Evil wasn't canon anymore. And in his response to our letter he said he wasn't sure whether it would appear again in the story, but that doesn't mean it's not canon either.

So I for one certainly hope it will be featured in the movie. A simple glimpse would be perfect, just like in the manga.

Griffith

Aazealh said:
So I for one certainly hope it will be featured in the movie. A simple glimpse would be perfect, just like in the manga.

Don't worry, I've got it covered. :slan: :idea:

Anyway, if they plan to cover everything it would be a mistake not to properly tease the Idea of Evil should it reappear and reclaim a more significant role in the story (like this, or this, and if it's not already clear I seem to think it would be cool if it came through a portal =).

turkitage

ターク
Griffith said:
Simply wrong.

Hmm, only read the series once. Guess forgetting things like that is motivation to re-read it before the movie. Though, I kinda planned on doing that anyways; I'd much rather have a fresh memory of the manga to compare to while watching it.

Aazealh said:
Idea of Evil appears in the manga at the end of episode 82), the Idea of Evil was referenced in episode titles in volume 20 ("Shadow of Idea") and was directly hinted at by Flora in volume 24 (as being the master of the beherits).

Ah, didn't know that.

X

Xem

No one linked it here yet I don't think, but the official website's cast page was updated 10/6/11. Nothing new to see there, except I found a couple of things interesting.

Why do they list Julius but not Adon? Isn't it the same actor, and isn't Adon a somewhat major player a little earlier than Julius is? What about the Queen? Where's Gambino? Guts as a child? Foss? Owen and Raban? Just too minor to mention? Gaston is listed though, perhaps his scenes are a bit more extended?

I'm probably reading too much into it, too much free time. :griffnotevil:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Deci said:
Why do they list Julius but not Adon? Isn't it the same actor, and isn't Adon a somewhat major player a little earlier than Julius is?

Adon is listed along with Julius. They just didn't bother putting up two pictures. Not exactly a big deal.

Deci said:
What about the Queen?

What about the King?

Deci said:
Where's Gambino? Guts as a child? Foss? Owen and Raban? Just too minor to mention?

Well they aren't going to list everyone at this point (they might not even have cast all the voice actors yet), but it's true I'd have liked to see Gambino in there.

Deci said:
Gaston is listed though, perhaps his scenes are a bit more extended?

Hopefully not.

X

Xem

Aazealh said:
Adon is listed along with Julius. They just didn't bother putting up two pictures. Not exactly a big deal.

On second thought it's potentially a good sign, if this means Adon won't be so prominent this go around... something tells me Adon didn't make any more friends with extended and added scenes. Oh please tell me it's true.

What about the King?

He crossed my mind too, but I found the Queen especially odd since they decided to show Julius, since you know, they're bangin' and whatnot.

Well they aren't going to list everyone at this point (they might not even have cast all the voice actors yet), but it's true I'd have liked to see Gambino in there.

Yea, it also crossed my mind that they'd be more inclined to list the most recognizable players too... but I'd still consider the Minister Foss to be more important to the core story than Gaston, no offense to the poor guy I love him so much. I'll chalk it up to casting, like you said, and cross my fingers.

Random thought, for some reason I feel like after the trilogy is released Silat is going to go up in popularity in a big way (with the more anime-inclined folk who don't like reading and stuff). Everyone loves ninja-type-characters. ^^; That is, until Rakshas is introduced. :rakshas:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Deci said:
On second thought it's potentially a good sign, if this means Adon won't be so prominent this go around... something tells me Adon didn't make any more friends with extended and added scenes. Oh please tell me it's true.

Keep in mind it's the voice actors that are being announced, not the characters. I don't think much can be derived from that page and who is or isn't on it.

Deci said:
He crossed my mind too, but I found the Queen especially odd since they decided to show Julius, since you know, they're bangin' and whatnot.

I don't see the relation. The queen's a pretty minor character all things considered, especially in the part of the story the movie is covering.

Anyway, in actual news, Clara posted this picture on Twitter along with a message implying we'd get some info tomorrow:

AbotjwfCIAAFgQN.jpg

My guess is that those of us who'll graduate to the rank of "Intermediate Commander" today will be awarded a little beherit trinket as a reward. Might be Japan-only though.

Wow, wouldn't that be an amazing reward, Aaz. I sure hope if this speculation is indeed where this is heading, that it's international. Wouldn't that be a wonderful treat for you devout warriors who have scaled the chain of command on the twitter front!

Personally, I am only approaching Junior Commander. But I am just fine with that for now. I am proud that I was able to interpret the quiz without the assistance of anybody. And it was a special little pride-boost to see that a few in the #berserkfilm search results were having trouble with translating it. I applied a little assistance from a translator, and common-sensed the rest! I even went an additional step (of my own ignorance) increasing the difficulty by not knowing the quiz was from the newly released book (36?). So I detective-worked the position of the moment in the story by the look of Guts' age. It's all history and 120p after that.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Handmade_lion said:
Wow, wouldn't that be an amazing reward, Aaz. I sure hope if this speculation is indeed where this is heading, that it's international. Wouldn't that be a wonderful treat for you devout warriors who have scaled the chain of command on the twitter front!

Hehe, it would be nice, but's it's just wishful thinking at this point.

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
Aazealh said:
My guess is that those of us who'll graduate to the rank of "Intermediate Commander" today will be awarded a little beherit trinket as a reward. Might be Japan-only though.
Fuck that, I earned this.

Advance tickets for the film can be bought on October 29th. You get one of five different beherits along with your advance ticket. I want them all! There will also be one more secret item given out as well. Premium tickets will go on sale in December. http://www.berserkfilm.com/theater/

Also, Clara posted on twitter that the release date for the film is set for February 4th. As excited as I am about the start of the Saga Project, I think I am most looking forward to hearing Susumu Hirasawa's new theme song for the film. Hirasawa's style has always changed over the years so I'm interested in seeing how he will interpret his feelings for Miura's work for the start of the new project.

Julalien said:
Advance tickets for the film can be bought on October 29th. You get one of five different beherits along with your advance ticket. I want them all! There will also be one more secret item given out as well. Premium tickets will go on sale in December. http://www.berserkfilm.com/theater/

Oooo cool news. Looks like it got pushed back one month to February, but that's alright. It's cool we have a specific date now! Gives me more confidence that it's coming soon! Really, it's only a little over 3 months now!

About the theaters, I did a quick count, and counted 90+ theaters. Does anyone have an idea of this is a lot of theaters for an anime theatrical release in Japan? I'm curious to know how BIG of a release this movie is going to be. I feel like it's gonna be big, but I usually don't follow stuff like this.

And man oh man, if news comes of some US theaters, I will pretty much wet my pants. Can you imagine seeing Berserk on the big screen? FRICKEN RIDICULOUSNESS.

Not big news, but the guy doing the sword work got back to me:

Thank you for your message! I did the best I could, although of course we had to bow in the direction of fantasy at times to keep to the manga style. I'm anxious to see what the final result is like. I loved working in stunt design, though.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Clara posted some pictures of the bonus beherits that will be available to those who'll preorder tickets in a couple of weeks. As expected, the "secret bonus" is a crying red beherit:

Ab7oyKbCQAAXGVO.jpg

A close-up shot of a greenie:

Ab7e6aLCEAAu4kU.jpg

Here are the standard ones before they get their final coat of paint:

Ab7irqECQAA0DBF.jpg

And to go with that, a picture of someone who really needs to cut their fingernails:

Ab7kocECAAA84sJ.jpg

CCS said:
Not big news, but the guy doing the sword work got back to me:

Well that sure is nice of him! I'd like knowing more about what they did for the movie and how it all went down, if he were inclined to talk about it.

Top Bottom