Berserk Saga Project News

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Those Beherits look pretty high quality to me. I expected something far, far shittier. Good luck to all who will get them! :casca:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
newbgs7-small.jpg

Some pretty cool new shots, but also some repeats. I took screen shots of all the new ones. Forgive the ads on the screen, I couldn't find a way to remove them yet.

Guts nude (?!)before SK.
Battlements.
Zodd.
Guts vs Griffith.
Guts and Casca during sunset.

Truder

"I frown at Griffith's nipples" -Aazealh
Walter said:
It looks like they are going to make Griffith's hair progressively more wavy just like in the manga and old anime. nice!

Walter said:
another thing to note is that Guts is holding his sword with only one hand, and his sword is still the wrong sword! (oh yeah and he's naked too)
It's reminding me a lot more of this shot rather than the one in volume 9:
Untitled-13.jpg

EDIT: actually Guts IS holding his sword with 2 hands. you can barely see his other hand though.

Walter said:
Some pretty cool new shots, but also some repeats. I took screen shots of all the new ones. Forgive the ads on the screen, I couldn't find a way to remove them yet.

Thanks Walter!!! I love these! Especially the Zodd shot, and the Guts/Casca/sunset shot. So purdy!

X

Xem

Truder said:
another thing to note is that Guts is holding his sword with only one hand, and his sword is still the wrong sword! (oh yeah and he's naked too)
It's reminding me a lot more of this shot rather than the one in volume 9:
http://i1012.photobucket.com/albums/af243/Truder7/Untitled-13.jpg

EDIT: actually Guts IS holding his sword with 2 hands. you can barely see his other hand though.

It almost makes me wonder if they moved that scene, like perhaps now it's when he falls with Casca into the river? I hope not.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Deci said:
It almost makes me wonder if they moved that scene, like perhaps now it's when he falls with Casca into the river? I hope not.
Just because of the sword? Shifting the timing of that scene would be a pretty major move. A simpler explanation would be that Guts doesn't lose his sword in the Battle of Doldrey, or merely replaces it with a similar sword.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Judging from the quality of the new in old shots on the website, it's going to look quite beautiful in high definition.

Zodd's horns still look wrong, though. :iva: :zodd:

Walter said:

This pic is like... What the...? Someone said before something like "maybe Guts is shirtless to make the scene more intimate :slan:"... But the lack of pants made me worried...
There's already enough nudity in Berserk, I have no idea why would we need more. To be honest, it looks a bit like fanservice to me, they just did it to make more women watch the movie...? If so, then they're doing it wrong, I don't say that Guts isn't hot enough, but he's not the favorite of the fangirls...

I'm crossing my fingers: don't change the story, don't flood it with fanservice, don't change the story, don't flood it with fanservice, PLEEASE!! :sad:

But at least the quality is good, I can't even imagine how awesome will it look on the big screen.

Griffith

Gillia said:
To be honest, it looks a bit like fanservice to me, they just did it to make more women watch the movie...? If so, then they're doing it wrong, I don't say that Guts isn't hot enough, but he's not the favorite of the fangirls...

Ugh, for that very reason I don't think it has any more to do with "fanservice" than the numerous other inconsistencies with the manga. Call it fan-disservice at this point.

Gillia said:
I'm crossing my fingers: don't change the story, don't flood it with fanservice, don't change the story, don't flood it with fanservice, PLEEASE!! :sad:

If you're that concerned about it, I might suggest not thinking of everything in such terms.

DarkDragoon

Kuro no mahoutsukai
Walter said:
Just because of the sword? Shifting the timing of that scene would be a pretty major move. A simpler explanation would be that Guts doesn't lose his sword in the Battle of Doldrey, or merely replaces it with a similar sword.
The sword in this picture is not his Hawks sword.

Griffith

DarkDragoon said:
The sword in this picture is not his Hawks sword.

Good eye, they skipped right past his post-Doldrey sword and upgraded him to his post-Hawks sword, though if the shot of the duel is to be believed, he still had the old design. So, why change swords (perhaps to save face Griffith will ask for Guts for his badge and weapon before he leaves =)? Anyway, this just gets weirder and weirder, and as we feared, unless these superficial changes are rectified, something bigger is going to have to change; either the events themselves or the timeline. This is why the details matter.

Hmmmm, maybe that's supposed to be when Guts actually puts on his new armor! Thus, the new sword and nakedness. :guts:

DarkDragoon

Kuro no mahoutsukai
Griffith said:
Good eye, they skipped right past his post-Doldrey sword and upgraded him to his post-Hawks sword, though if the shot of the duel is to be believed, he still had the old design. So, why change swords (perhaps to save face Griffith will ask for Guts for his badge and weapon before he leaves =)? Anyway, this just gets weirder and weirder, and as we feared, unless these superficial changes are rectified, something bigger is going to have to change; either the events themselves or the timeline. This is why the details matter.

Hmmmm, maybe that's supposed to be when Guts actually puts on his new armor! Thus, the new sword and nakedness. :guts:
I really think we should take the details of this picture with a grain of salt, considering how long ago it was released compared to when that scene will actually be released in a movie (2nd or 3rd.)

But yes, the mystery of the post-Doldrey sword still remains. That sword was broken when he was training at Godo's, right? Maybe that will be skipped over(it was skipped in the old anime,) and so they will just give Guts his post-Hawks sword after Doldery and he will keep it right through the eclipse.

Or maybe it's just a promo shot and the details will be corrected in the movies.

DarkDragoon said:
Or maybe it's just a promo shot and the details will be corrected in the movies.
That's what I also hope for... I overreacted the naked Guts pic a bit, sorry. :farnese: Maybe it's only to attract people, that's why it's different, because it simply looks cooler... But I hope they won't leave out those parts again that were left out in the old anime, because it'd be disappointing if they were never animated.

Griffith

DarkDragoon said:
I really think we should take the details of this picture with a grain of salt, considering how long ago it was released compared to when that scene will actually be released in a movie (2nd or 3rd.)

Good point.

DarkDragoon said:
But yes, the mystery of the post-Doldrey sword still remains. That sword was broken when he was training at Godo's, right?

The sword we see broken there is one of many practice swords Guts is using.

DarkDragoon said:
Maybe that will be skipped over(it was skipped in the old anime,) and so they will just give Guts his post-Hawks sword after Doldery and he will keep it right through the eclipse.

I hope not, since that one should be broken while he's fighting Wyald.

DarkDragoon said:

That's the best case scenario, though there's so many differences at this point it's implausible that all them will be rectified.

Well if Zodd doesn't turn up at Doldrey then i wonder how the fight with Bosconge will go. But then again maybe these are indeed test shots and they are now going to do the final touches on most scene's. (Lets hope so!)

Top Bottom