Berserk Saga Project News

!!! Can someone translate this tweet by Clara?

ちなみに、10/29(土)から全国の映画館で最新の予告編も上映されます!力強いAIさんの歌声の入った予告編、映画館で流れていたらぜひチェックしてみてくださいね。公式サイトには11/2にあっぷ予定です♪ #berserkfilm #berserk

According to google translate, this says: Incidentally, 10/29 (Sat) are also shown in the latest trailer from the movie theaters nationwide! AI's trailer containing strong voice, I try to please check out if playing in theaters. The official site ♪ Pu will meet 11 / 2 # berserkfilm # berserk

Does this mean there will be a new trailer on November 2nd on the website?

RaffoBaffo said:
I don't know, but there is for sure a new singer:
http://www.berserkfilm.com/news/?p=209

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ai_(singer)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QgUJrv-JxQ

If i understand she will sing the ending song:
[ウツクシキモノ] (this is the title)

Sweet deal! Also, it looks like there really is going to be a brand new THEATRICAL TRAILER. Here's a post from Clara's Facebook:

エンディングテーマアーティストにAIが決定!

エンディングテーマ曲を、年末の「マイケル・ジャクソン・トリビュート・ライブ」への出演も決定した日本を代表するシンガー、AIさんが担当することが決定しました!
エンディングテーマはAIさんとしては、ファンタジー作品への初の書き下ろしとなった新曲「ウツクシキモノ」。「ベルセルク」としても女性アーティストと組むのは初と、お互い初同士のタイアップとなり、早くもその化学反応に周囲の期待はふくらむばかりです。
本作品のレコーディングにおいては、映画制作陣とAIさんとの間で綿密な打ち合わせが幾度となく行われ、その結果、壮大なサーガプロジェクトにふさわしい楽曲が完成。
10月29日より全国の映画館で上映される映画予告編にて、スケール感あふれるオーケストレーションにのせて力強く歌うAIさんの「ウツクシキモノ」が早くもフィーチャーされています!
この新予告編は公式サイトでは11月2日より配信開始予定です。

Translates to...

AI to determine the ending theme for artists!

The ending theme song, by the end of "Michael Jackson Tribute Live" Japan's leading singer decided to appearances, I decided to be in charge of AI!
As AI's ending theme, the song became the first newly written piece of fantasy "Utsukushikimono". "Berserk" as a partner with the first female artist, became the first tie-up between each other, expected as early as the surrounding chemical reaction is just swelling.
The recording of this work is performed again and again close the meeting between the film's production team and AI, resulting in projects completed songs worthy of a grand saga.
Trailers will be screened in cinemas nationwide on October 29, put to belt out AI's realism scale orchestration "Utsukushikimono" is also featured early!
This new trailer at the official site planned for delivery from November 02.

A very welcomed surprise. :guts: :guts: :guts:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
The newest update on the site shows a listing of theaters all across Japan that will be showing the movie, and at most you can buy advance tickets. http://www.berserkfilm.com/theater/

It's exciting to see things are moving right along, with February closing in for Japan's premiere. But there's still no concrete information on a US premiere date :sad:.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Walter said:
It's exciting to see things are moving right along, with February closing in for Japan's premiere. But there's still no concrete information on a US premiere date :sad:.

I think they're taking one step at a time. To me it's clear that Japan is their primary target for the movie, so I don't expect an international release (since a purely US one won't be much help to me personally :azan:) until the summer.

Gobolatula said:
I'm a little confused. What happened to the other girl who was going to be involved in the music?

Her involvement with the project is probably over I guess? Or if she does something else it'll be minor.

Sammoniac

You taffers!
RaffoBaffo said:
The New Trailer:

Thank you for this! Looks great! Some facial animations look weird (probably will be better in-context). But overall, I'm pretty exited! A full 1:40 trailer was something I've been looking forward to. Too bad I have to go to sleep so badly, I'd watch it 50 times in a row :badbone:

X

Xem

Demand full screen 1080p !! :guts:

Also not totally upset with the music in the trailer, hooray! :ubik:

Excitement needs to die down before doing any further analysis.

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
The assassination scene! Seems to be there! This part is one of my favorite in the golden age. Now I can take a breath...

DarkDragoon

Kuro no mahoutsukai
Oh man, I almost cried and peed myself. That trailer was amazing. The music is fantastic, the whole thing feels so epic and larger-than-life. I love Griffith's new va, a huge improvement in my opinion. Guts and Casca sound great as well.

It's weird, at first the animation seemed weird to me, like there was too much cg or something. But the more I watched, it just seems like the animation is really, really well done; it looks absolutely beautiful and really high-budget, so much so that I'm not used to seeing anime like that. I don't think I've ever seen that much work put into anime animation before. This whole thing just seems so huge. It's like Berserk went to heaven and became a god. A beautiful, divine, fucked-up god. It's crazy thinking back to 8 or 9 years ago when I first became obsessed with Berserk.. I just never in my wildest dreams could've imagined something this big happening. I'm going to masturbate to this trailer now.

Truder

"I frown at Griffith's nipples" -Aazealh
jackson_hurley said:
The assassination scene! Seems to be there! This part is one of my favorite in the golden age. Now I can take a breath...
Its one of my favorite parts too! (in fact all of berserk is too :troll:)

I do have one gripe though, their eyes.. Sometimes they look just fine, and other times they look weird. (slanted or something)

Other than that the trailer does look great. I especially like the scene with the white horses.

Trailer Notes:

I've got a question for those of you who have every panel of the manga memorized. I thought the shot of Guts' callouses on his hand was a particularly nice shot. But was that creative liberty? Or is there a panel in the manga that details this? I just went back through the assassination of Adonis, the little boy, which is when I think Guts seems to be looking at his hand in the trailer, and couldn't find a close-up. But wholly, this isn't important. Just a curiosity on my part.

It's just downright awesome how they animated Guts walking in the entrance that leads to Zodd.

I noticed we're going to be covering the assassination, as both the trailer and jackson_hurley have pointed out, which brings to mind two really cool things. 1. The brutal murder of an innocent (as innocent as a "witness" can be) child, and 2. the last previously animated what I like to call 'the winding staircase swordfight of unlimited space.' If it's one thing 'Guts' Rage' taught any of us, it's that you can't swing a longsword just anywhere you please. Different swords, granted, but they all share a continuity of length. There are walls. And solid objects. And it made us particularly pissed at this scene in the 90s anime, when Guts could do wide slices on two separate men on a staircase. Hehehe! A fun little thing to look for in the new movie.

[flash=560,349]http://www.youtube.com/v/jKkcY6Sfz5I[/flash]

The thumbnail is my only necessary point of reference for this next notice. This is one of the things I was most upset about in the first trailer, this scene. I thought Guts' face looked like a monkey, or some sort of animal. I was not pleased. I do not know if that exact style is still present, but at least in this new trailer, I have other proof that he also looks good.

The closer we get to release time, everybody, the better it is really looking. I am curious if you other fans are receiving your peace of mind. Because I certainly am.

Wasn't expecting this. Thanks for the heads-up, Raffo. Definitely the best trailer we've seen yet, and a nice breath of fresh air from those previous two abominations.

Handmade_lion said:
Trailer Notes:

I've got a question for those of you who have every panel of the manga memorized. I thought the shot of Guts' callouses on his hand was a particularly nice shot. But was that creative liberty? Or is there a panel in the manga that details this? I just went back through the assassination of Adonis, the little boy, which is when I think Guts seems to be looking at his hand in the trailer, and couldn't find a close-up. But wholly, this isn't important. Just a curiosity on my part.
It's a creative liberty. Guts certainly makes that position with his hand, but we don't see it from the angle in the trailer. We only see his face.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
It's a great day to be a Berserk fan! :ubik:

Really enjoyed the trailer. Starts out with a bang, particularly upon hearing that new Susumu track kick in. But there are some parts that still bother me. The CG scenes are really sticking out more than they were before. The first time you see Guts charge on horseback (0:32), it's very jarring. And that "other" song, uh... let's just forget about it, okay guys?

There's also some liberties being taken, not all of which are bad in my opinion. But namely a Guts/Casca scene that's transposed to be in a different location, and where exactly is Griffith standing triumphantly atop? Doldrey? Doesn't make much sense. He was on the front lines, not doing the infiltration. Maybe just "some other mission."

Voice acting: Love Guts. Not a fan of how small Griffith sounds -- his voice doesn't resonate with me. It's just shrill. Casca is just so-so. No complaints about Zodd, though!

Can't wait until we see this one at 1080p. And in theaters.

PS: It's events like this that make checking SKnet right before sleeping a wholly justified act.

Saephon

Die young and save yourself
Handmade_lion said:
It's just downright awesome how they animated Guts walking in the entrance that leads to Zodd.

I wholeheartedly second this. The way we're presented that scene, along with the assassination and Zodd sequence right after....even the music felt okay during that part of the trailer. Someone hired a good editor. Now that my rational comments are out of the way: I AM BECOMING LESS CYNICAL AND MORE EXCITED BY THE DAY! :ubik:

HOLY SWEET MOTHER OF ALL THINGS GOOD AND BAD AND IN THIS WORLD OF EXISTENCE!!!!!!!

I loved it. Absolutely positively LOVED IT. Chills everywhere, I swear, and even a little teary eyed. I kid you not. I am man enough to admit it! This trailer got me teary eyed!!!

It's so absolutely gorgeous. The facial expressions, the colors, the environments, the war scenes... It's so beautiful.

The voice acting, hell I got so lost in the moment, I totally even forgot these were new voice actors. Everything fit for me.

And honestly, I don't need to comment on the first song (SUSUMU IS AWESOME AND THE SONG IS AWESOME AND BERSERK IS AWESOME), but I really dug the 2nd song too. I don't know what the lyrics are, but I think it fit very beautifully with the trailer. The scene where Charlotte hugs Griffith, and the scene where Griffith and Guts are smiling at each other like little kids... BEAUTIFUL.

I AM SO HAPPY.

DarkDragoon

Kuro no mahoutsukai
DirectDK said:
but I really dug the 2nd song too. I don't know what the lyrics are, but I think it fit very beautifully with the trailer. The scene where Charlotte hugs Griffith, and the scene where Griffith and Guts are smiling at each other like little kids... BEAUTIFUL.
I second this, it went beautifully with those scenes.

Truder

"I frown at Griffith's nipples" -Aazealh
Walter said:
that "other" song, uh... let's just forget about it, okay guys?
for some reason it reminds me of Lion King :???:

but I do like it! it makes the movie look larger than life in my opinion.

Walter said:
Voice acting: Love Guts. Not a fan of how small Griffith sounds -- his voice doesn't resonate with me. It's just shrill. Casca is just so-so. No complaints about Zodd, though!
I agree with you 100%

Griffith should sound more.. perfect, without any flaws. If that makes any sense (probably not)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
DirectDK said:
I really dug the 2nd song too. I don't know what the lyrics are, but I think it fit very beautifully with the trailer
DarkDragoon said:
I second this, it went beautifully with those scenes.
Even when Guts is walking cautiously into Zodd's death pit, and when he's slicing Zodd's arm off? :ganishka:

I really don't mean to nitpick the song. Trailer music doesn't concern me that much. It's meant to leave an impression, and it's a good one. I just found that song's tone to be inconsistent with some of the footage being shown.

Top Bottom