Berserk Saga Project News

RaffoBaffo

Ex-Newser of the late Berserk Chronicles
Large Version:

news_large_brsrk_poster.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LPum0S6a8Q

Just found this a few minutes ago. It's a short video of Hirasawa recording 'Aria', and it sounds like there's a bit more of the song to go with it (Though it's not the best quality).

X

Xem

Interesting how the poster (and the new trailer) goes on to include the King, Charlotte, and Julius, yet again the Queen is missing as is Foss.... there ongoing absence in the promotion worries me. Same goes for Gambino and child Guts etc. :sad:

edit ::: I'm also beginning to think that the Hawks logo on their capes/breastplates is a different logo altogether than the traditional Hawks logo at this point. It's consistently drawn very differently.

edit 2 ::: Found a trailer with subtitles: Not sure how good they are though.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Really not a fan of that poster. An utterly unnatural expression on the main character of the series. Bravo. Smug grin aside, the composition is at least interesting in the way that it layers the different story elements. In a way, it's not dissimilar from Volume 5's cover.

Deci said:
Interesting how the poster (and the new trailer) goes on to include the King, Charlotte, and Julius, yet again the Queen is missing as is Foss.... there ongoing absence in the promotion worries me. Same goes for Gambino and child Guts etc. :sad:
Foss' exclusion isn't that significant, as he's a secondary, possibly even tertiary character at this point. The queen isn't introduced until midway through volume 6, which could be a sign of where this movie will end. Given the footage we've seen here, I've been thinking it would end around the time of Griffith's speech to Charlotte about what a friend is to him. This is all directly following the assassination sequence, and it wraps up that portion of the story nicely. I can see the final scene being them heading out to the next battle, which of course starts a chain of events that ends in Doldrey. That's gotta be 2nd movie material.

Now, Gambino's absence is indeed extremely troubling to me. It would be absurd of them to cut out Guts' entire childhood sequence. Will it start with the Bazuso battle? :schierke:

Truder

"I frown at Griffith's nipples" -Aazealh
Trailer in HD:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-9vM79FFWQ&feature=feedu

EDIT: there's also a new advertisement at the end of the trailer.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Truder said:
Trailer in HD:

Awesome! These trailers have never been this high quality. It looks great. As usual, I took a batch of screen shots at 1080p.

(Click for 1920x1080 resolution images)

The scene that looks the ugliest thanks to the high definition is easily the Guts charging scene. It looks straight out of Star Wars Episode I's green-screen battle on Naboo.

I just watched the trailer, awesome stuff, i can't wait to see it now !! Although i have to admit that i still feel more excited when you guys announce the new episodes :schnoz:

Walter said:
The scene that looks the ugliest thanks to the high definition is easily the Guts charging scene. It looks straight out of Star Wars Episode I's green-screen battle on Naboo.

Yeah that scene looked weird.
Thanks for all the new Desktop Wallpapers Walter :ganishka:

turkitage

ターク
Truder said:
Trailer in HD:

EDIT: there's also a new advertisement at the end of the trailer.

THANK YOU

Walter said:
Awesome! These trailers have never been this high quality. It looks great. As usual, I took a batch of screen shots at 1080p.

THANK YOU

Ah, so nice! I was beginning to get depressed with all the negative comments about the movie earlier. Which, I personally really don't care most of the voice acting and the switched scenes..etc. But.. I've already planned to look at this movie as just the idea of Berserk.

Side note: Damnit.. every time I see Guts in the scene where he is slouched I can't get that picture of Jim Halpert out of my mind. :puck:

Damn you who ever posted that comparison picture!

Truder

"I frown at Griffith's nipples" -Aazealh
you sir, are a kind a kind hearted and beautiful person! thanks directdk!

with the subs it adds another level of awesome to the trailer.

Wow, so much new posts... What a fight about the changes... I feel like I just shouldn't say anything, Aazealh is the "your argument is invalid" meme himself. :ganishka:
But as Walter pointed out that change of the Hawk logo, I just feel more and more confused about the whole movie, and I just keep repeating "Why?! Is it good for anything? Just for what purpose they did this?" and I realised maybe I shuold stop guessing and wait for the final product, although these changes made me even more curious about the whole thing... Maybe that was the aim with the changes, get more attention (and more angry fans attacking their houses, lol...)

Thanks for the pics and a trailers! Damn, that CG looks even more awful in HD...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Sammoniac said:
I've been on this forum for a while and never saw anyone talk about the reason why Casca's hair are red in the new anime. Can somebody please explain?

Her hair isn't red. It's just the highlights from the setting sun that make it look like that in the scene.

DirectDK said:
The other vid looks to be an interview with AI (singer of the 2nd song in the trailer / ending theme song). Useless for me since I don't know Japanese!

It's nice of them to feature stuff like that though; I hope they release more videos in general.

Miracles said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LPum0S6a8Q

Just found this a few minutes ago. It's a short video of Hirasawa recording 'Aria', and it sounds like there's a bit more of the song to go with it (Though it's not the best quality).

Nice find! I'd really like to hear the whole song, because the excerpt we've heard so far wasn't as memorable to me as Sign was when I first saw the PS2 game's trailer.

Walter said:
Really not a fan of that poster. An utterly unnatural expression on the main character of the series. Bravo. Smug grin aside, the composition is at least interesting in the way that it layers the different story elements. In a way, it's not dissimilar from Volume 5's cover.

Yeah, Guts' grin isn't all that appropriate... But I guess it works with the way they're trying to splice the story. First movie: all is well; second movie: the dark tidings; third movie: the fall. The beherit stands out to me though, looks sloppily added on top of the rest.

Walter said:
Foss' exclusion isn't that significant, as he's a secondary, possibly even tertiary character at this point. The queen isn't introduced until midway through volume 6, which could be a sign of where this movie will end. Given the footage we've seen here, I've been thinking it would end around the time of Griffith's speech to Charlotte about what a friend is to him. This is all directly following the assassination sequence, and it wraps up that portion of the story nicely. I can see the final scene being them heading out to the next battle, which of course starts a chain of events that ends in Doldrey. That's gotta be 2nd movie material.

Yeah I agree with all that. The queen and Foss not being featured was to be expected (and we already discussed it before I believe), and the best place to end the movie would be the aftermath of the assassination.

Walter said:
Now, Gambino's absence is indeed extremely troubling to me. It would be absurd of them to cut out Guts' entire childhood sequence. Will it start with the Bazuso battle? :schierke:

"Those are just minor changes, I don't mind them because they don't affect the storyline."

Turkitage said:
Ah, so nice! I was beginning to get depressed with all the negative comments about the movie earlier. Which, I personally really don't care most of the voice acting and the switched scenes..etc. But.. I've already planned to look at this movie as just the idea of Berserk.

Side note: Damnit.. every time I see Guts in the scene where he is slouched I can't get that picture of Jim Halpert out of my mind. :puck:

Damn you who ever posted that comparison picture!

Glad to know you've got your priorities in order.

The more I watch the trailer, the more the second track grows on me. I can see it functioning well at some of the more emotional moments in the story.

And KUDOS for everyone's contributions to this thread!

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
The poster is actually kind of charming, warts and all like the big ugly CGI Beherit. =)

Also, once again the trailer looks much more promising in HD, though I imagine the scene combinations will be kind of jarring for veterans of the series and inherently awkward unto themselves (its' certainly going to change how some of the relationships unfold). Unfortunately it will also create even more confusion for new fans when it comes to the original scenes from the manga. I have a feeling this section is going to become very useful for that influx of people, and we may eventually need an FAQ thread addressing the differences.

Aazealh said:
"Those are just minor changes, I don't mind them because they don't affect the storyline."

Oh, just wait, "I forgive the manga for having so many unnecessary scenes and filler, I'm just glad it could be fixed in the finished version of the series, as it was meant to be."

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
The Trailer

Likes: The animation; gorgeous backgrounds; and Guts's, Casca's and Zodd's voices.

Dislikes: The revised scenes and Griffith's voice.

I'm still looking forward to the film, and I'm trying my best to reserve judgment until I see the final product, but these additions/revisions are bothersome. While I don't mind them adding filler to space the movies out a bit more (as long as it's done well), I hate the fact that they're changing existing material for no reason. What was the reason behind moving Guts's and Casca's conversation to the middle of a bunch of ruins? The background is beautifully drawn, but that doesn't matter to me. What matters is the director changing things that don't need changing. This scene was fine the way it was in the manga.

As for the dialogue, like most trailers, I'm hoping the difference in what Guts and Casca say during their argument in the trailer is the result of editing done by the marketing department, and not a change in the structure of the scene itself. I guess we'll have to wait until the film is completed before we'll know for sure (unless they release previews of full scenes, which is unlikely).

Griffith's voice really bothers me, but I'm hoping that the actor will get better as he continues voicing the character. Another thought occurred to me, as well: he might be intentionally sounding a bit "meeker" in order to contrast what Femto might sound like when he returns to the material world. I don't have anything to back that up, of course.

As for the CGI, it doesn't bother me that much. I guess I'm just used to CGI in recent anime productions.

The Poster

I hate it. Plain and simple. It looks like some kid made it on his computer using photoshop. Griffith and the Band of the Falcon look all right, but the rest of it just looks messy (and Guts looks absurd). In the end, it's not that big of a deal, since what I care about most is the faithful adaptation of the manga to film, not what the marketing department comes up with.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Rhombaad said:
As for the dialogue, like most trailers, I'm hoping the difference in what Guts and Casca say during their argument in the trailer is the result of editing done by the marketing department, and not a change in the structure of the scene itself. I guess we'll have to wait until the film is completed before we'll know for sure (unless they release previews of full scenes, which is unlikely).

That seems a bit unlikely to me as Guts' expression when he replies to her definitely conveys what he's saying in the trailer ("it's not true! :judo:") and not what he says in the manga.

Rhombaad said:
Another thought occurred to me, as well: he might be intentionally sounding a bit "meeker" in order to contrast what Femto might sound like when he returns to the material world. I don't have anything to back that up, of course.

Sounds like wishful thinking to me, but honestly I can't blame you. Personally I just hope his voice will grow on me.

X

Xem

Gillia said:
But as Walter pointed out that change of the Hawk logo, I just feel more and more confused about the whole movie,

If you read what I said above, the logo on their capes/breastplates seems to be a different type of Hawks logo than the traditional one we see on the banners etc, so it's not like they just sucked it up at drawing at least.

Saeko

When you meet God, tell him to leave me alone.
Aazealh said:
Welcome to SK.net. A bigger version of that picture was posted at the top of the page earlier today.

/facepalm/ how the fuck did i miss that? lmao anyway. thanx

Notice the small sword guts is holding as an assasin. I guess that change is small but kind of makes sense. I always wonderd how no one recognised him after he fled the courtyard, the sword is a complete give away.

Top Bottom