Berserk Saga Project News

Edi said:
Is there any comparison?
I can offer a size comparison photo I posted a while ago on twitter for a friend:
http://twitpic.com/6qzw1u - Young Animal, MBR and regular release on top of each other. It may seem that they're not lined up properly, but it's only because of the angle.

As for the print/paper quality etc. it's pretty much similar. Only the cover quality really sucks in comparison.

Lord Leith said:
I'm not the best one to answer as I'm sure some members know more, but from what I know or believe, Kentarou Miura is checking in to make sure the project is going well which would make sense for slower volume releases. I might be wrong but that's the only info I heard.
I see. Is he still working with Studio Gaga?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Lord Leith said:
I'm not the best one to answer as I'm sure some members know more, but from what I know or believe, Kentarou Miura is checking in to make sure the project is going well which would make sense for slower volume releases. I might be wrong but that's the only info I heard.

We don't really know to what extent he is involved beyond the fact he actually is involved.

perros said:
I see. Is he still working with Studio Gaga?

Studio Gaga is just a fancy name for his assistants, so yes he still is.

Jesus said:
All the Japanese seiyus are so beautiful specially Haruka Tomatsu wish i had a Japanese girlfriend it would be the best thing ever :ubik:
I also agree they look good. :farnese: But my first reaction when I saw them was that Guts' seiyuu really looks like Bruno Mars. I can see him start singing "Just the way you are" to Casca at the waterfall... :ganishka: But having a japanese boyfriend like one of them is just a dream... little asian fetish here, lol

Jesus

あきらめていない ガッツ "Avatar by Gillia"
Truder said:
I hope you also intend to support the movies whenever they comes overseas. :femto:

sigh i haven't been at the movie theather since 2003 but i could try and go to see berserk if they keep the original japanese dubs

Aazealh said:
If you really love Berserk you'll buy the Japanese Blu-Ray, like Gobolatula said.

um i don't have a blu-ray player it's too expensive if they release the DVD of course i will buy it but i want to wait till the three parts get released to buy them together as a trilogy

Gillia said:
I also agree they look good. :farnese: But my first reaction when I saw them was that Guts' seiyuu really looks like Bruno Mars. I can see him start singing "Just the way you are" to Casca at the waterfall... :ganishka: But having a japanese boyfriend like one of them is just a dream... little asian fetish here, lol

lol i didn't know there was girls in this forum that's cool :ubik:
i don't like casca's seiyu much she seems tomboyish :judo: the rest are alright :serpico:

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
gatss.jpg

Jesus said:
lol i didn't know there was girls in this forum that's cool :ubik:
don't like casca's seiyu much she seems tomboyish :judo: the rest are alright :serpico:
I feel so unique now :judo: But I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one here... Berserk is awesome, and everyone has to acknowledge it, regardless gender :ganishka:
And I really like Casca's voice, she is a tomboy at that time, isn't she? But I was a bit worried about how will her seiyuu handle insane Casca with this voice to make those stupid "aaauuuuh gyabooo"-s, but in the interview she sounded higher.
Also it's really funny how most of the VAs look really like the characters... Did they make their hair and asked them pose only for these shots to make fans happy? If they did, it was a stupid idea, because only thing we need is GAMBINO.
But I think there's still hope for him, not showing him in the cast somehow seems logical (actually I don't know why but I feel like this :farnese:)

Aazealh said:
We don't really know to what extent he is involved beyond the fact he actually is involved.

Yeah, while Miura's role in the new anime is still unclear, the various "creative" changes and deviations from the original manga might provide us a clue that his involvement is probably not exactly a closely engaged one. Whether it's the oft-repeating little inaccuracies (the wrong uniforms, clothing, weapons and logos and erroneous character designs), to the more blatant and cavalier changes to the story that radically alter our perception of it (Guts' traumatic childhood getting excised altogether), it all seems to point to Miura having handed the reigns over to Studio 4°C and letting them adapt his manga however they see fit.

I'm fine with little changes. They've been in a great deal of things I've read and watched. Most times they don't drastically affect anything. The changes to the Band of the Hawk insignia doesn't bother me. Two more feathers, four more feathers. It'd be fine for the studio to sign their name onto Berserk in this way, showing that they had been there. I'm even willing to overlook the feather, and the chicken footprint insignia on the brooches (?) even though that's a much larger stretch than the first two. Changing how Guts assassinated Julius, however, I can't seem to turn a blind eye to. Aaz said it, Guts is strongly bonded to "his" sword. I agree with that very strongly. Just like I do his friction early on with Casca. That is a huge mistake they're making I feel.

He's also not a ninja. If anyone is ninja, it's the Kushans, and Guts eviscerates Kushans.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Handmade_lion said:
The changes to the Band of the Hawk insignia doesn't bother me. Two more feathers, four more feathers.
If you'd read further posts, you'd know that there is no standard number of feathers, even in the manga. There was just one dude (who has since departed these forums) that was creating a fuss over it. Now... that chicken-foot insignia is indeed a wholly other matter.

Really though, I think everyone can agree that the apparent slashing of Guts' childhood from the first movie is by far the biggest casualty in this adaptation. As has been said time after time, it could still sneak into the movie, and just be absent from all the promotional materials. But at this point I don't see that as likely.

Walter said:
Now... that chicken-foot insignia is indeed a wholly other matter.
You mean that little thing with a red background and a yellow "chicken-foot", which has a feather attached to it on Guts? (I'm still not sure what exactly do you call "chicken-foot insignia"...) If it's that, then I think it... tries to be the hawk logo, but it was lamely drawn without the details...
Walter said:
As has been said time after time, it could still sneak into the movie, and just be absent from all the promotional materials. But at this point I don't see that as likely.
Noooo :judo: It must be like that, it makes sense (I still don't know why, but it feels like this for me)... Ok, I'm just hopelessly hoping, lol...

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Walter said:
Really though, I think everyone can agree that the apparent slashing of Guts' childhood from the first movie is by far the biggest casualty in this adaptation.

I'm still going with cutting the entire first arc that established the template for the rest of the series. :iva:

NinjaNuts

every wise man was once a young fool
i just don't understand how this is supposed to be faithful when its already skipping an arc to get to the golden age. at least the original anime had the first episode be set in the black swordsman arc

[quote author=Gillia]Noooo :judo: It must be like that, it makes sense (I still don't know why, but it feels like this for me)... Ok, I'm just hopelessly hoping, lol...
[/quote]

Edi

Sorry for my bad English...
http://octoba.net/archives/20120106-android-news-2.html
http://galapagosstore.com/web/book/detail/sstb-B521-1521000-hs000354

http://www.berserkfilm.com/chara/

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
So, according to that chart: Silat's existence confirmed; Gambino's non-existence confirmed as well.

Yea thats right no Gambino there. Overall chart and characters looks good.
But how can Miura be agreed with that ? I mean, cutting Guts childhood. I am not telling about Black Swordsman arc anyway. This is his manga, after all. Masterpiece manga

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
voodoo_sh said:
But how can Miura be agreed with that ? I mean, cutting Guts childhood. I am not telling about Black Swordsman arc anyway. This is his manga, after all. Masterpiece manga

It's probably not his call. Besides, Miura's humble by nature and I doubt he would try to have his way against the studio. I'm sure he rather just advised them and let them do as they saw fit.

I feel like I've just had the "A NEW CHALLENGER APPROACHES" screen dropped on me. I'll have to keep checking the berserk characters page every morning like I used to do for the Smash Bros Brawl site to see what new characters are confirmed..

Shadow8

Berserk is for the life
Not just Gambino, Godo is no there too.

This is just impossible to not see Gambino in the movie. I can not imagine seeing that and Miura can't lets something like that

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Shadow8 said:
Not just Gambino, Godo is no there too.

This is just impossible to not see Gambino in the movie. I can not imagine seeing that and Miura can't lets something like that
It mentions Godot in Erica's entry. Just weird that it doesn't show him. I don't want to put too much weight on this chart though. Raban but no Owen? Those two come as a set.

What's more interesting to me is that they're already spilling the beans on the connection between Griffith and Femto/Godhand. I presumed that since they cut the Black Swordsman stuff out, they'd save that information for a reveal in the third movie. But maybe that's just the kind of 20 year old "secret" that's difficult to keep.

It's sad that this project attempted to do justice to Berserk, and is keeping Skull Knight in, but in that process, loses Guts' father figure.

Shadow8

Berserk is for the life
Walter said:
It mentions Godot in Erica's entry. Just weird that it doesn't show him. I don't want to put too much weight on this chart though. Raban but no Owen? Those two come as a set.

What's more interesting to me is that they're already spilling the beans on the connection between Griffith and Femto/Godhand. I presumed that since they cut the Black Swordsman stuff out, they'd save that information for a reveal in the third movie. But maybe that's just the kind of 20 year old "secret" that's difficult to keep.

It's sad that this project attempted to do justice to Berserk, and is keeping Skull Knight in, but in that process, loses Guts' father figure.
Finally, it's still weird not see Gambino(And it's an important detail to the scenario).

But the relationship between God of hand and Griffith , as you say, the manga is really well known and it's not a secret for this information

Top Bottom